Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ToAH..economy speculation     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ToAH..economy speculation

figured I would start a new thread and see where it went.

I was wondering how much you think th eeconomy will shift for everyday items and equips with the 2 new jobs released. As well as crafters trying to rape the open market.

/em thinks it will prob take 4 replies before getting the banished to alla card or the likes.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Re: ToAH..economy speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel

I was wondering how much you think th eeconomy will shift for everyday items and equips with the 2 new jobs released. As well as crafters trying to rape the open market.

/em thinks it will prob take 4 replies before getting the banished to alla card or the likes.
    it's a good question, considering we don't know which armors will be given to the new jobs. they'll have to place the tag on a bunch of existing stuff or release a bunch of new stuff. people playing blue mage and corsair will more be veterans trying to get 75 on that job first than a bunch of newbs anyway, so it probably won't rise that much.

Well I am hoping they add more than just 2 Armor sets for each job.. but we are a little more than a month away and they have yet to release a single new armor set on the info site..

I was also talking with a friend the other day... will the new city have an independant AH?
    If it is.. then will it suffer since its not connected? or will the currnet jeuno ah become downgraded since the new city would take over?

Another thought we had was what if it is sepperate, but they only allow the new job armors to be sold though the new city's AH?

idk.. late night speculations ftw. (This was last night >_>)

Re: ToAH..economy speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon

people playing blue mage and corsair will more be veterans with lots of gil to spend to make their job pimp trying to get 75 on that job first than a bunch of newbs anyway, so there will be crafters out their trying to exploit the market.
    fixed

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I remember the prices of Katana's and Ninjutsu powders the first few weeks RoZ was out. It wasn't pretty.

I wonder if NPCs will sell all these "far eastern" made items

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    I would be in heaven if they would start selling D. Ingots

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Craftin?

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Craftin?
    SE>> Sure we can make a NPC that sells D.Ingots! How does 10Mil per sound? K!

sad thing is at times it would be on par with the price on the AH >.>

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

sad thing is at times it would be on par with the price on the AH >.>
    orzx20

New craft to lvl to make D ingots! zomg! And SE will call it JP ONRY!

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

New craft to lvl to make D ingots! zomg! And SE will call it JP ONRY!
    LOL You're so FUNNY

What do you expect? You mean to tell me that JP's won't be the first to get 100 in any new craft (which there probably isn't) or be the first to kill any new HNM or anything else? JP's live breath and shit this game. They'll camp any ground king at any time of the day. Or are you on that 1-3 servers where JP's haven't dominated something first? Your sarcasim doesn't mean shit when you can't see the truth behind this.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

What do you expect? You mean to tell me that JP's won't be the first to get 100 in any new craft (which there probably isn't) or be the first to kill any new HNM or anything else? JP's live breath and shit this game. They'll camp any ground king at any time of the day. Or are you on that 1-3 servers where JP's haven't dominated something first? Your sarcasim doesn't mean shit when you can't see the truth behind this.
    You obviously aren't a part of any form of a decent NA shell. My NA shell does just about everything before JP, partly because we're the oldest Linkshell on our server but still, you shouldn't have to neeedlessly degrade yourself due to some JP being better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    You obviously aren't a part of any form of a decent NA shell. My NA shell does just about everything before JP, partly because we're the oldest Linkshell on our server but still, you shouldn't have to neeedlessly degrade yourself due to some JP being better than you.

dunno, gonna have to second this.

sorry ur NAs suck D:

/cue that main page about FI's bots and just the fact of having such a low ping time that only BG had the endurance to continue to camp things against such bots and low ping times on a server that was always dominated by JP's before even NA release.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

People are simply confused. The old mentality is that JP are better than NA. For about a year and a half that was true. JP had a significant lead on the NA. But recently with the CoP release and the upcoming pack JP and NA are close to equal on most servers. The fact that we are allowing ourselves to think that JP are better than us the only thing holding us back in all honesty.

Think about it. Most top NA shells on a server have a 1337 alliance that can take down just about anything with that one alliance. So can most top JP shells. When expansions come out we, the JP and NA, start off on the same foot and have equal opportunities.

The one thing that I fail to mention which is a big deciding factor in the apparent JP 1337ness, is that JP don't take any shit. They do things fair and smart. NA claim darters at Fafnir, omg you fucking newb you suck man we're going to wipe. JP claim darters at Fafnir, Oh my... I have dishonored you all... I will delete my character tonight, Good bye good friends. JP are more disciplined in most respects but not anymore "skilled" necessarily.