Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick obi question...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quick obi question...

Just curious to those that use these often: is the bonus given ONLY to numeric effects? (i.e. elemental magic, curing, etc.) or does it also seem to help land/lengthen enfeebling magic, and strengthen enhancing magic dependent spells, too? (i.e. enfire, phalanx, ice spikes)?

btw, stfu about the crafting bit, seen that go on for pages at a time. I just want to know what others that have them have noticed.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Re: Quick obi question...

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Just curious to those that use these often: is the bonus given ONLY to numeric effects? (i.e. elemental magic, curing, etc.) or does it also seem to help land/lengthen enfeebling magic, and strengthen enhancing magic dependent spells, too? (i.e. enfire, phalanx, ice spikes)?

btw, stfu about the crafting bit, seen that go on for pages at a time. I just want to know what others that have them have noticed.
    Better question is does weather/day effect buff spells.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vinen

BLM1: Zomg my uber hq wind staff ownz, i can totally see a difference in my sneak/invis
    BLM2: zomg me too one windsday its like 100% sneak/invis wherever I need to go
    Me: you guys are fucking idiots.

Day/Weather doesn't affect buffs. Gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

BLM1: Zomg my uber hq wind staff ownz, i can totally see a difference in my sneak/invis

You should of know that if you are RDM ^^; Idk about Obi if they have hidden effect, so I'll answer like they have none.

Staves, Obis, etc. will help with Enfeeblnig magics (Slow, Paralyze, etc.), but nothing for Enhancing (Bar-spell, En-spell, etc.)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rairin obi definatly helps enthunder's dmg on thunderday/weather.

i kno that weather affects my en-w/e spells
    5dmg single fire 10dmg double fire all that on firesday 20 enspell dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Lylie
    You should of know that if you are RDM ^^; Idk about Obi if they have hidden effect, so I'll answer like they have none.

Staves, Obis, etc. will help with Enfeeblnig magics (Slow, Paralyze, etc.), but nothing for Enhancing (Bar-spell, En-spell, etc.)
    Staves & weather DO help enspell. Staves only help when they are equipped though, which makes that benefit pointless, but it is there.

The real question is, does having an obi equipped lessen the chance of your enspell damage being resisted?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Rairin obi definatly helps enthunder's dmg on thunderday/weather.
    Seconded, i got a wind obi just to test this. Definately get day/weather procs on every swing.

As for "do they help not resist", I'll have to look more into that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk

Day/Weather does give bonus damage to en-spells. For example, on Iceday with double blizzard weather I have seen Enblizzard go up to 25 additional effect from the base of 19. (You get a 10% bonus with the day and each weather level, but the bonus does not proc 100%.)

does it also seem to help land/lengthen enfeebling magic

:Yes on land no on lengthen

strengthen enhancing magic dependent spells, too? (i.e. enfire, phalanx, ice spikes)?

:Dont think phalanx help with obi I do know it will boosts enspell/spikes dmg