brd/whm
    rdm/drk to chainspell jorm

blm
    blm
    blm
    whm
    pld to invincible tiamat
    rdm/drk to chainspell vrtra

my question is can pld/war work? our pld in ls claims he kept getting his blinks knocked off and he thinks pld/war would be better. to those that have won, what is your opinion? also to stanislav why whm/smn? and whats summoner's purpose in shield pt? does he earthen ward?

also did you guys use reviler's helm?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

We used PLD/NIN to solo tank after 2x NIN/WAR died early on, won without too much trouble after letting the PLD/NIN take over alone. Didn't bother bringing a SMN though. What's the point? HRII for Flares? Best for us to just use one tank for Bahamut itself, not two.

First.

PLD/NIN is an artform. Let him practice his craft on other wyrms, then expect him to tank Bahamut. Just because his blinks get knocked off, doesn't mean it's not obscenely better the other 50% of the time. Sounds to me if he's bitching about this, he really doesn't understand how enmity works as a whole.

Of course the SMN is for Earthen Ward. That's a big 'NO SHIT' thing there.

If you have a Reviler's Helm, throw it in for some extra hate with the PLD, but.... it's not necessary.

Unless you've used PLD/NIN on multiple other mobs, this kind of an idea isn't going to work for you. It's like taking some noob, giving him a Lv75 NIN, and expecting him to go tank Byakko. "Oh, I can cancel my shadows?"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I dunno, BRD in the third PT for buffs and debuffs seem better to me. I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I do agree PLD/NIN is an artform, and it does sound like the PLD in the original poster's alliance is still new to subbing NIN to tank. NIN/WAR is an alternative to PLD/NIN, but I prefer PLD/NIN because they can get more hate.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As stated, PLD/NIN triumps in this BC if the PLD knows what he's doing.
    Don't need SMN imo.
    2 WHM in tank PT is ideal.

Here's a little tip.

Both WHM go WHM/NIN.
    Eat HP food like Cabonara and crap, get HP+ equip if you are a Taru, eg Gigant, etc... Target is to hit 1K HP. Blessed Briault > Nobles here due to increased resistence and -Enmity.
    Why /NIN you may ask?
    To counter Sweeping Flail.
    I find that those WHM/SMN spend more time curing themselves from being knocked out accidentally by Sweeping Flail, than curing and taking care of tanks. But that's just me.

Another tip for WHM.
    Have your WHM's bring RaiseII rods. Many people underlook this little item. They are a great saviour if in dire need of raising people, and to conserve MP.

As for the other wyrms, you prolly got it right.
    CS Stun on both Vrtra and Jormy, and Invincible on Tiamat.

So, what about Ouryu? He's 100% immune to stun. Solution?
    ES Gravity, nuke it to hell and bounce hate.

As for BLM's, have a combination of -enmity equip + Elemental Skill.
    Most of our BLM's here maxed out or close to max Ice and Thunder & Skill. I nuke with Errant Cape even.
    2 Volleys of spells can take down 1 Wyrm. On Vrtra, ES ThundagaIII it in case it pops adds at start. Bring LOTS of meds as you won't have much time to rest in battle.

DO NOT SIMPLY STUN Bahamut. Only Stun on GIGA or FiragaIV, or if you are psychic, stun Terror LOL.
    Why? He builds resistence to Stun to the point of 100% Resist even with Elemental Seal. <--- NOT GOOD. We learned it the hard way by stunning it every now and then for PLD/NIN to keep shadows up. rofl

Apart from that, I do believe there's a LUCK factor involved here.
    One of our runs, Ouryu flew and did Ochre (sp) Blast > Bahamut GIGA > Goodbye everyone. LOL

Wish you luck.

Re: Bahamut round 2 Advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by masag0
    we followed stanislav's advice and went

pld/nin around 1900 hp with food
    nin/war 1500 hp without food 1790 with food
    whm/smn
    smn/whm
    rdm/blm for dispel
    brd/whm ballad and march

blm
    blm
    blm
    blm
    brd/whm
    rdm/drk to chainspell jorm

blm
    blm
    blm
    whm
    pld to invincible tiamat
    rdm/drk to chainspell vrtra

my question is can pld/war work? our pld in ls claims he kept getting his blinks knocked off and he thinks pld/war would be better. to those that have won, what is your opinion? also to stanislav why whm/smn? and whats summoner's purpose in shield pt? does he earthen ward?

also did you guys use reviler's helm?
    Bullshit. There's no food in the game that gives you +290 HP, the most is Carbonera +1 at 180 HP.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Mmm nin/war is fine for this as well, our pld slept TP in between summons and just unloaded whenever a dragon poped, never had a chance to hit a blm. Save ES for Vrtra since it's really the only dragon that can mess you up. after the last dragon the nin and pld popped an icarus wing and did a frag SC on bahamut with blms bursting took the last 15ish % off, got this down to a 25-30 minute fight if things don't get gay.

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ht=bahamut

All the info you really need...

The setup my linkshell uses now to provide easy wins is..

PLD/NIN WHM WHM RDM/DRK BRD SMN (Tank PT)
    THF/DRK (was RDM/DRK but need TH) BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD
    BLM BLM BLM WHM RDM PLD/NIN (Tanks Wyms)

PLD is ideal for this bc cause with those new earrings they have plenty of MP to heal themsleves and keep hate and if u have revilers helm it helps a lot (we have 2). The real reason to sub NIN is to block Fire IV and Flre II.. its not to avoid normal hits. Stunning bahamut is not a good idea so only stun Firaga IV and let the rest be eaten by blinks. PLD/NIN has no problem holding hate with the right gear and the right knowledge of using PLD/NIN.

Anyway this BC is kinda gay...
    We got baha staff on first kill then 3 kills of exactly the same thing .. Scythe and dragon staff.. going for 4 more kills this week i think hoping for the damn mask

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

last question does any of the wyrms spike? from what my JPN friend says, blm should stand apart

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

all the summoned wyrms behave exactly like their outside counterparts, except for vrtra which has the ability to charm multiple people for some reason. so yeah, flail is a possibility. blm definitely need to spread out to avoid the aoe moves from bahamut and the summons.

our wyrms dont live past 30 sec.. so i dont see why u would need to spread out

Thundaga III and Thunder IV round from 7 BLM and maybe a few thunder III and they go down

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

hmm spike flail is tp move right? each nuke should be 10-13 enemy tp. maybe spreading out isn't a problem since the you kill the wyrm asap. at least the chainspell stunners and the pld with invincible should be in front of the wyrm tho right?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah, let them position themselves there. Once it pops, you should have plenty of time to kill them, and even let tanks build hate a bit.

The wyrms have meditate and get and use TP pretty quickly (much more so than their normal counterparts). We got flailed by Tiamat once because of a terrain glitch that turned him around before anyone had a chance to hit him with anything.

we do CS on Jorm and Vrtra O_o
    Ouryu and Tiamat are joke
    but ya if they ever get a WS off.. its only a wing or someting
    if u flail it u got a prob.. just get aPLD to flash an durn to a spot then stand fafnir formation and time nuke