Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

a way around RMT and to regulate prices in the future

After reading a lot of posts bitching about "ZOMG RMT THEY RAISE TEH PRICES AND I CANT BUY STUFFZZ DADFW FGGEFEHWOF" and the like I thought about a way that SE can control prices of specific items.

By simply have these items in a NPC shop.

For example when christmas rolls around we know everything will go up in price dispite what SE does to stop it, but what if a npc shop sold SH for 9,000,000 gil reguardless of fame and always had 3-5 in stock every game day? this would make it so SH would never go over 9m.

And for thoes of you who are like "Ok so the RMT buys all the SH from the guild like the crafting mules do at craft guilds and sells em for 15m or sumthin"

well that would be hard to buy 3-5 9m dollar items before anyone else could and if its restocked every game day they would spend somewhere like 500m gil a day and there is no way they could keep it up. The other point is that with the delay between purchases that gives other players time to buy one as well.

They could do this with items like that OR they could regulate the materials to make them like V-claw or shining cloth for nobles.

Just a thought I had let me know what you guys think...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They could easily monopolize that shop actually. Not a very good idea.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

OFN

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

lol

maybe if the SH's were named something else and rare/ex... so you cant buy more than one....but all in all it wouldnt be a good idea for the simple reason there are still honest people that craft shit like this and other RMT monopolized stuff.

price caps don't work.

goddamn it, looks like im going to have to update my sig already

and i care you won't be using my photobucket bandwidth... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    I find it funny you find them so offensive and annoying you feel like you have to block them. Whatever, I can move the directory around anyway, and to about 15 different places I can store them.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

card deserved to be pulled on this one, grats on your npc system owning crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    I find it funny you find them so offensive and annoying you feel like you have to block them. Whatever, I can move the directory around anyway, and to about 15 different places I can store them.
    You say it as if its a big deal for me to block them - it takes me less time to block them than it even does for you to use one, let alone to move them to a new directory

The cards were funny at first, now they are older than chuck norris.

Banned.

BG Level

Reasons why you have been banished to Allakhazam:
    1. This idea is old. Everyone has thought of it. Everyone understands why one would think of it.
    2. "HAY GUYS, I HAVE AN IDEA TO FIX THE FFXI GAME, AND I'M GOING TO MAKE A TOPIC FOR IT, DESPITE IT HAVE NO POINT"*

*=This is acceptable in Allakhazam and Killing Ifrit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

just make crafted materials like vclaw and dingot etc from a 24/7 stocked npc. no limits to how many you can buy, no delay in buying, thatll regulate the price somewhat.

guild style allows for to many oppurtunities to monopolize it.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

or they could make it like sha'ir manteel materials, and be able to desynth for it (like the subligars), that might be ok

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    just make crafted materials like vclaw and dingot etc from a 24/7 stocked npc. no limits to how many you can buy, no delay in buying, thatll regulate the price somewhat.

guild style allows for to many oppurtunities to monopolize it.
    Hmmm, do you want crafters to be screwed up the ass?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

well, materials still need to be synthed. you still get commision if you charge to craft the materials. and HQ is also still possible, and it will still cost more than NQ. to flood the market with wearable shit will just take the gil out of circulation and last i checked, crafters dont make a real large amount of money from expensive NQ gear

Sea Torques
    BG Level

its a bad idea, all around.

discuss elsewhere, and yea, lol at your adblock usage.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

So if i get this straight, you want to fix RMTing by taking crafting, and flushing it down the toilet? If you make all the harder to get or expensive materials NPCable then any profit you could make from crafting would be lost.

to flood the market with wearable shit will just take the gil out of circulation and last i checked
    No, because the price will fall with the supply. Then people selling v-claws from genbu/serket/BCs will undercut the NPCs and end up really screwing crafters over. Over night you took a decent source for bonecrafters (and some people have leveled other crafts past 60 to increase there HQ chance for this synth alone) and destroyed it. Also, when you flood the market with things, people who have no intrest in crafting will try and undercut prices, making it impossible to have a profit margine with the craft.

Further more, if you make every rare synths materials easily avaible what are players going to sell for money? Everything that was rare is now common. If you only fix the "hot button" items like v-claws and whatnot, in the end your not realy fixing anything because they will move on to the next best thing, and that will rise in price to match the demand. Think of it like grass, if you only cut the ones at the top, the next tallest will still be there and only become the same problem that your looking at now, just with diffrent items instead.

Your answer to the problem won't work. The only 2 possible outcomes from this are to kill crafting or a makeshift fix that will become worthless 2 weeks later.