Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Something about AV.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Something about AV.

My linkshell poped and killed JoL a few weeks ago and something people noticed is after we killed Wynav he respawnend new ones but one of them was a different color..

Since JoL gets weaker the more summons you kill (till he spawns fish only) maybe killing AV's pets might weaken him?

I want to know if anyone else who faced AV has noticed the change in Wynav color?

Other sea mobs get weakened by killing pets like DRK Aern who will Reraise constantly till his pets are dead or Fortitude who will reflect unless pets are dead.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You're a goner.

We'll let you know in eight months when one LS from all the servers combined manages to somehow convince sea jailers to drop pop items as well as convince AV he should pop and someone can test it

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Something about AV.

We've never noticed a Wynav change color when we killed them. What color did it change to and did everyone see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav
    Other sea mobs get weakened by killing pets like DRK Aern who will Reraise constantly till his pets are dead
    This is not true. Ix'Aern DRK can be killed with his Qn followers alive.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What color were the new wynav? Black?

In any case, if it's true, it wouldn't be surprising if it's how you kill it.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Re: Something about AV.

My linkshell poped and killed JoL a few weeks ago and something people noticed is after we killed Wynav he respawnend new ones but one of them was a different color..

Since JoL gets weaker the more summons you kill (till he spawns fish only) maybe killing AV's pets might weaken him?

I want to know if anyone else who faced AV has noticed the change in Wynav color?

Other sea mobs get weakened by killing pets like DRK Aern who will Reraise constantly till his pets are dead or Fortitude who will reflect unless pets are dead.
    I bet it was likely due to the glitch of a nuke hitting at the same time as a change of gear causing the color shading to change. What color did it change to?

I never noticed that JoL changed in strength over time. He decides to summon only sharks past a certain % HP, but other than that the fight is identical from 100% to 1% (at least at the three seperate times that I've fought it.)

his regen goes down the more pops he does.. it was very obvious cause we couldnt dent him for shit at the start then after some pops we managed to hurt him easily and once only sharks were out.. it was just like fighting a normal UFO.

An orange wynav spawned instead of a normal wynav
    Everyone saw the same thing and it never changed back to white and stayed orange till AV depop so i dont think it was cure of Fire IV but it might have been a glitch i guess

as for the DRK Ix'Aern.. it maybe be killable with them out but he can reraise more then once.. if u kill them he will only RR once so i guess thats more clear

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It was probably the glitch then. There is only 3 model for wyvern (blue, black, and white) and I don't think it's possible to load one differently (or we would have multicolor crab already).

Are you sure nobody casted firaga or another fire spell on it at the same time it spawned?

We time nuked the Wyvenrs and no one casted anything else after and he repoped like a min later.

just check the .dats and see if they added a different color wyvern :/ easy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

No clue what could have created the glitch then. Is it possible it died from firaga then, and the same one repopped after, stuck on the same color?

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    just check the .dats and see if they added a different color wyvern :/ easy.
    It's not impossible they implemented something to color old model using spell effect, in a similar way the glitch changes monster color I don't think it's likely tho, or we would have seen something similar somewhere else since they like to reuse their line of code.

well AV has to be beatable tbh or it wont be ingame.
    people used to think Vrtra was impossible lol

it has to have a key to it and it has to be those wynav>_> cause its the only thing u cant actually dent

Ix'Aern DRK can reraise more than once if you kill both Qn'Aern first.

8 kills and i never seen it RR more then once..

well AV has to be beatable tbh or it wont be ingame.
    You give the dev team too much credit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'm 90% sure the first time we killed it, it reraised twice after losing both Qn. (with no drop obviously) It was long time ago, it's possible it was patched since then

Stan i think your right, you got AV to 90% then what happened though?

nah we did get AV past 98%.. we didnt really try either lol
    i was busy changing the earring while LS was messing with it
    we poping JOL this weekend
    and if AV pops we gonna try this time

to control AV we gonna have a lot of people change to rng
    probably 9-10 people change.. and just shadowbind him everytime he moves.

that way we can do whatever we want with wynav without him interfering

the thing is.. when i bound him last time he didnt move for the full shadowbind time, but when someone else bound him (solo so no one can break it) it only lasted 3 sec.

what you are saying seems logical, my LS poped AV in our server
    got it to 97%
    we killed 1st 3 wynav, but nothing changed after he repoped them.

an impossible to gauge JP LSs in my server include GMs in that LSs poped AV also they did 1 thing as try which is killing wynavs.

that's why i think it's logical, [ those JPs are 1st ppl who killed Vrtra ever i know since very long time ].
    so i think they know alot about the unkillable HNMs.

i was talking to a sack in those JPs about AV & he refused to give me any info about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast