Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cursed Mitts -1?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cursed Mitts -1?

Yeah **Knows this question should prolly be asked on All / KI but meh too many newbies on those sites**

So yeah best Game day / Weather new moon full moon ect??

Whats HQ rate??? How many Synth materials should i buy to attempt this. I am figuring i will let a crafter friend borrow my osode till i fully repay the gil i borrow from him to make these.

I have a 100+3 Cloth craft friend that will do it for free He has hq them before but it was a just random synth for someone else.

I would like more then 1 person opinion on HQing these so i can take what works more for others rather then the random hqs.

Figuring once i get the HQ i can sell back the NQs for minimal lost hopefully if not i will be selling some of my mind gear;

Yeah thanks for your time.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's tier 0, so you should either live in SSG or camp AH for overpriced hairs.

A friend just had a mutual friend of ours with 98 + 2 (maybe he has the third item already, dont remember) make his, he had enough for 13 synths and our friend made it on the last batch of materials (he crafted it all back to back of course), so my friend ended up with 11 NQ, and 1 HQ, 1 broken. Forgot the exact moon, but I don't recall it being "optimal" crafting conditions, then again, I could be wrong. The CC friend has now made 2 Cursed Mitts-1, his first pair being for another friend who only brought him materials for 1 synth...so I say he was extremely lucky (was only 95 or so CC at the time, lol).

So like 60 million getting 30 synth materials should be enough?

what about day / moon?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Getting about 70 synths worth of material might be enough.

Honestly I don't understand why people even ask these questions. The HQ rate is 1%. End of story, the rest you can figure out for yourself. 5,306 sets of materials won't guarantee you an HQ, and neither will 53,060.

Tier 0
    1%
    1 out of 100

Get however much you want, and don't be upset when you don't get lucky enough to get the HQ.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

it depends how much of SE's dick you suck, so they can modify your luck factor up or down.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

don't be sad my love, my name was on the NQ list of cursed handshuhs straight down

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Well on our server hairs are generally over 2m recently so good look even just spending 60m to get that many synths done. Though yeah, as they said it is all entirely lucky regardless of who is doing it or anything. Anyone at 92+5 or higher will have the same chance as your 100+3 friend too, so you are really gonna be reaching

Most seem to have best luck with lightsday full moon so that would probably be your best chance. That and praying a lot.

Have a friend who is now well over 0/60 on yasha pants hq. I made myself a pair for my never-really-levelling-level-60 ninja, went 1/7, but smashed 3 of the other 6 lol. Such a shame they're lv 71 and basically hnm-gear-onry and my ninja is 60 and I am not in a hnmls let alone a main tank, they're rotting away

I've made at least 40 cursed zenith items now, have broken about 5 and hq'd none. Friend of mine that made his own did 40 synths before -1'ing the mitts.

T0 crafting random as fuck.

Speaking of Tier 0 crafting, I'm a whopping motherfucking 3/10 on Hauberk +1. They're all at random times too, never gotten 2 in the same batch. Honestly I'm baffled at this. I know a guy who is higher level than me in subcraft AND main craft and is 0/50. I don't know what to make of this synth. Is it tier 0 and I'm like super ridiculously lucky? Or is it Tier 1 and I'm still lucky as hell, just not as lucky?

Pretty sure hauberk is t1 with the right skills. The hq is not pricey/uncommon enough to be t0 imo.

You could be just lucky tho. When the haunted muleta (guesh urvan pop item) synth came out, I swore up and down that it was teir 2 after i went 4 hq for 12 synth for people. Turns out I was just blowing all my t1 luck on a fucking useless synth.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Pretty sure hauberk is t1 with the right skills. The hq is not pricey/uncommon enough to be t0 imo.
    Eh, on my server one hasn't sold on the AH since August '05.

Haubergeon
    Smithing: 69
    Cloth: 38

Hauberk
    Smithing: 89
    Cloth: ?

My guess is that cloth is either 38 or 58 (stays the same, or jumps by the same amount that main skill jumps by)

Hauberk is a really weird synth though. It honestly feels like less than a tier 1 synth but more than a tier 0 synth, if that makes any sense.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Moon - Balls
    Day - Balls
    Moon% - balls
    Direction - Balls

5/90 cursed mitts here ;d

Quote Originally Posted by deadzee
    Moon - Balls
    Day - Balls
    Moon% - balls
    Direction - Balls
    Agreed. I basically craft whenever the fuck I want now, notice no difference whatsoever.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've said for a long time that there are good days to craft and there are bad days to craft and a bad day will never turn into a good one- those days are absolutely random.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    I've said for a long time that there are good days to craft and there are bad days to craft and a bad day will never turn into a good one- those days are absolutely random.
    From my short experience crafting, I agree. It's not game days either. I always suggested making 2-3 things and check the results... then continue or quit for the day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    From my short experience crafting, I agree. It's not game days either. I always suggested making 2-3 things and check the results... then continue or quit for the day.
    Since I am a cook I generally deal in stacks of synths. If my HQ rate is too low or my fail rate is too high on a stack of synths, then it is time to give it up and try another day.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

im 0/40 something on cursed mitts, no fails though