+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFXII Famitsu score     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

FFXII Famitsu score

It got 40/40 in this week's Famitsu (/boner). The only other games to get 40/40 in famitsu have been Soul Calibur, Vagrant Story, Zelda: OOT, Zelda: WW and Nintendogs (quite a random selection I know)
    Discuss.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

OOT understandable, but unless Japan got a different version of WW (you know, without the rushed ending, and the last planned temple implemented), then they are kind of nuts.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't read Famitsu, but seeing their "top 100" and the list you just mentioned, their opinions seem to be grade A bs and are probably just sucking the SE cock.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    I don't read Famitsu, but seeing their "top 100" and the list you just mentioned, their opinions seem to be grade A bs and are probably just sucking the SE cock.
    Its not really.

The closest thing I can compare Famitsu to in America would be EGM I think, but its not an even comparison. Famitsu is like the japanese gaming bible, and they almost NEVER, like that first post showed, give a game a perfect score.

I'm really confused now. I thought FFXII was going to SUCK, but....if it got a perfect score, who knows. Then again, I hated Vagrant Story, refused to play Nintendogs on the principle, and thought sailing in WW was retarded.

Hope returns.

now if they would just stop delaying it...

how long has it been since a REAL console, Single player FF?

Famitsu is a really good gaming magazine, you forget that Japanese people would like different games then American, they don't seem to get caught up much in nostagia like we (seem) too either.

Most people play a game and immediately compare it to their favourite game of the genre, just give it a chance and don't compare it until you're finished with it, that way you can enjoy a game for ages before you come to dispise it. I loved playing through FFVIII, back when it first came out, later on I can look back and say "I really hated [this and that]". FFVIII is probably the worst FF I've played, but back then nothing would've stopped me from getting it and playing it.

Banned.

BG Level

the only videogame magazine worth reading in America is EGM. I'll murder anyone who disagrees, with my fist.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Corbie

I'll take 100 delays over a rushed ending.

Anyone who's played Zelda WW understands my pain ; ;

The game is like, perfect, untill the obvious last temple that got removed, they rushed it and replaced it with a smashed triforce all over the sea and you have to find 8 peices of it. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo gay.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

The game is like, perfect, untill the obvious last temple that got removed, they rushed it and replaced it with a smashed triforce all over the sea and you have to find 8 peices of it. Soooooooooooooooooooooooo gay.
    Twlight Princess seems like the Zelda game we have all dreamed of since Ocriania of Time. I still have hope for Nintendo and Miyamoto.

yea Wind Waker was amazing... except all that traveling at the end, they could have easily added another dungeon for the Trifoce or fuck 3 dungeons hahah eh, either way I still loved the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendam

yea Wind Waker was amazing... except all that traveling at the end, they could have easily added another dungeon for the Trifoce or fuck 3 dungeons hahah eh, either way I still loved the game.
    I loved sailing in WW... Sit back, relax,and enjoy the lush scenery...

i heard that itemization in ffxii is worse than wow

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    But better than FFXI?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    So does this mean that ultimate weapons in that game take 18+ people 6 months to finish one, drops off of mobs 2.5 years old that spawn once a week and are botted constantly?

yes because thats totally what happens in WoW you illiterate prick

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    maybe its just me but that seemed like too angry a response to whoever you were responding to

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

People have been talking about FFXII being alot like FFXI, I wan't making fun of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    maybe its just me but that seemed like too angry a response to whoever you were responding to
    I have blue balls

Xavier

The demo that came with DQ8 of FFXII played a lot like Final Fantasy XI Offline. It looked graphically similar, the battle system was similar, and the overall feel was about the same. The combat menus were made to look more like past FF games, but the influence was obvious.

Which is ok I guess...I kinda like the old battle system more. Its a bit more mindless, button smashing the "enter" button, but, lets get real, the only reason I play the games is for the story anyway, not the riveting gameplay.

40/40 though...its like the second coming of Christ or something now to me. I need to finally play DQ8 too, its supposed to be so good but I haven't had time for it.