+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite brew.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Favorite brew.

top 2-3 brews that you drink/love ( i realize this may not be the best board out there for this, but w/e.)

1. La fin du monde (unibroue, anything by them rocks)
    2. Alien Amber (local beer, kinda)

E. Body
    BG Level

My piss tastes better than beer

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    My piss tastes better than beer
    witty.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Corona Extra
    Stella Artois
    and of PBR

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Grape Gatoraide

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Warsteiner is good stuff.
    Tuborg isn't too shabby itself.
    No American beers have impressed me.
    Corona is ok.
    Heinekens are great... As long as you don't drink the ones from America.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I work for Coors Light. So Coors Light.

Jack Daniels.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    I work for Coors Light. So Coors Light.

Jack Daniels.
    what do you do?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I immediately thought of Peter Griffin.

"Hello Mrs. Daniels? Mrs. Daniels? IS JACK IN? Oh God, oh God! I'm so sorry!"

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

what do you do?
    I'm a sales rep. I go to bars / pubs / liq. serving places in my county and district and set up everything from promos with Coors like...have you ever heard on the radio "Music, etc. blah come down to such and such club on Saturday, ladies night - dollar Coors Lights and 2$ you-call-its"?

I set up those promotional events. Obviously I sell Coors Light as well. It isn't selling, per say -- beer sells itself, and what bar DOESN'T have CL on draft. It's about managing those bars inventory, placing their orders, then pimping the beer through events that people will come and drink the beer.

I got to bars and clubs all damn day, then go to my own events at night and drink Coors for free. It's really not a bad gig, at a figure well over 60K.

BTW -- Miller dominates our demographic on college aged kids, while Bud is going backrupt practically. It's popular down south, but on the East coast Coors + Miller are the big boys.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

what do you do?
    I'm a sales rep. I go to bars / pubs / liq. serving places in my county and district and set up everything from promos with Coors like...have you ever heard on the radio "Music, etc. blah come down to such and such club on Saturday, ladies night - dollar Coors Lights and 2$ you-call-its"?

I set up those promotional events. Obviously I sell Coors Light as well. It isn't selling, per say -- beer sells itself, and what bar DOESN'T have CL on draft. It's about managing those bars inventory, placing their orders, then pimping the beer through events that people will come and drink the beer.

I got to bars and clubs all damn day, then go to my own events at night and drink Coors for free. It's really not a bad gig, at a figure well over 60K.

BTW -- Miller dominates our demographic on college aged kids, while Bud is going backrupt practically. It's popular down south, but on the East coast Coors + Miller are the big boys.
    i have an older cousin that did the same thing for about 10 years, think it was for Jim beam (or whoever the parent company is?)

cheap american beer isn't all that 'good' thou. no offense to you thou, god knows i've had my fair share of bud/coors/mgd/keystone etc. ...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

It's not a fine lager, no. It's honestly meant for the drinkability. You can kill a six of Coors, or Miller if you're...THAT type heh, without feeling full.

Milw.'s Best, Keystone (which is brewed by Coors, btw), etc. are all the "bottom dwellers" of the American breweries of Miller/Bud/CL.

Now, you wanna talk fine lager? Yuengling is an AMAZING lager (east coast), and was America's first brewery ever.

Micro brews? Magic Hat is A+, as well as Duvel. Duvel is a belgian ale, but it's good.

Guiness has a great head to it, if poured correctly, but it just doesn't have the drinkability of a Coors. It's water, kill em to get drunk. Isn't that the goal? =)

In response, I know several of my peers out there in the Liquor distro/sales market. I see them all the time, and made great friends with my Jack distributor

Mostly, them, us (Coors team) are all just hounded for Tshirts everywhere we go.

We just did the Coors Light / Maxim girl promotion at the Woodbine in Pennsauken, NJ (really close to Philly) and I had to bring the girls their bathing suits at their hotel. That was a finer moment of my job.

Some apple juice and a little seltzer water

...with some grain alcohol D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It's not a fine lager, no. It's honestly meant for the drinkability. You can kill a six of Coors, or Miller if you're...THAT type heh, without feeling full.

Milw.'s Best, Keystone (which is brewed by Coors, btw), etc. are all the "bottom dwellers" of the American breweries of Miller/Bud/CL.

Now, you wanna talk fine lager? Yuengling is an AMAZING lager (east coast), and was America's first brewery ever.

Micro brews? Magic Hat is A+, as well as Duvel. Duvel is a belgian ale, but it's good.

Guiness has a great head to it, if poured correctly, but it just doesn't have the drinkability of a Coors. It's water, kill em to get drunk. Isn't that the goal? =)

In response, I know several of my peers out there in the Liquor distro/sales market. I see them all the time, and made great friends with my Jack distributor

Mostly, them, us (Coors team) are all just hounded for Tshirts everywhere we go.

We just did the Coors Light / Maxim girl promotion at the Woodbine in Pennsauken, NJ (really close to Philly) and I had to bring the girls their bathing suits at their hotel. That was a finer moment of my job.
    Yuengling and duval are quite good. Guiness isn't as good as a lot make it out to be, imo. Its a good college "I'm too good for domestic" beer, though. lol.

Try some Hair of the Dog or Unibroue stuff sometime, or any bottle-conditioned stuff. You'll probably like it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Everclear is disgusting and ruined a perfectly good jar of cherries for me, Cyprus.

Sidd, you're obviously an East Coast guy, more than likely PA/NJ area if you know about Yuengling -- have you tried Golden Monkey? It's brewed in Cherry Hill, NJ and is like...10% alch. by volume or something crazy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Everclear is disgusting and ruined a perfectly good jar of cherries for me, Cyprus.

Sidd, you're obviously an East Coast guy, more than likely PA/NJ area if you know about Yuengling -- have you tried Golden Monkey? It's brewed in Cherry Hill, NJ and is like...10% alch. by volume or something crazy.
    i'm actually from NM, and stick mostly to imports - but i have a lot of drinking buds and a good liquor store that stocks a lot of nice beers. we usually get a few and hang out for the evening, 'geting to know the beer.' lol.

Golden Monkey, don't think i've seen that one - i'll keep an eye out though. I love 9%+ brews, as a lot of bottle-conditoned beers are... only takes a few to get a really killer buzz, lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

When Duvel hit the market (the US market anyway) they had us try it, and after getting through the 6 inch head on it, I felt great. One beer strong, a nice toasted feeling.

You know what I'm really loving man? If you havent tried this, try it. It's called Twisted Tea - and it is technically a Malternative, but its not sugary like the others. In fact, it's got 0 added sugar. It's actual iced tea, and it's 5% alch. A six will hit you a little. But again, for the summer, it's absolutely delicious and doesn't leave that horrible sticky shit in your throat like Mike's Hard does. Brewed by Boston Beer Co. (Sam Adams).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

When Duvel hit the market (the US market anyway) they had us try it, and after getting through the 6 inch head on it, I felt great. One beer strong, a nice toasted feeling.

You know what I'm really loving man? If you havent tried this, try it. It's called Twisted Tea - and it is technically a Malternative, but its not sugary like the others. In fact, it's got 0 added sugar. It's actual iced tea, and it's 5% alch. A six will hit you a little. But again, for the summer, it's absolutely delicious and doesn't leave that horrible sticky shit in your throat like Mike's Hard does. Brewed by Sam Adams.
    good thing to take to bbq's with girls, i'd imagine. will keep that in mind.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

lol thanks man haha

"Zima. -- For the bitches."

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know of Yuengling. I had some last time I went back east for a visit. When I left for the military, it wasn't all that popular (About 5-6 years ago) but now it's the popular stuff. This is in Maryland mind you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast