FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Fanfest Dev Panel #2: Jobs: PUPPETMASTER

text is being typed. SPAM REFRESH GO.

The second dev panel opened with a demonstration of how corsair will work (the previous one opened with a demo of blue mage), and then they went on to describe changes to all the jobs that will be introduced in the patches to come. They also described in detail how the new jobs will work, and then closed with a special announcement, that the third new job in the expansion will be Puppetmaster:

Warrior
    - Ability to throw axes! (and other weapons? Hmm.)
    - Devs made warrior have ability to use lots of weapons, and they want people to use a wider variety of them. They didn't tell us how they would encourage us to use more weapons.
    - They said WAR/NIN is too strong, and want to give people more reasons to sub other jobs.

Monk
    - adding ability that increases HP (increases max HP? ambiguous) of party members. unclear whteher it's single target or aoe.

White Mage
    - job ability to give your own hp or mp to other members.
    - benediction will remove negative status effects.
    - they want whm cures to be more effective than other jobs. didn't give details on whether they mean hp cured, or casting time, or what.

Black Mage
    - they said it's too strong, especially in manaburns. they want to give BLMs more incentive to join diverse parties, but didn't give details.
    - there will be new spells.

Red Mage
    - they said RDM is pretty strong but didn't hint at any nerfs.
    - there will be new spells

Thief
    - thief JA's to affect more party members (probably with respect to hate)
    - steal to have new effects, like "stealing more than items..."
    - perfect dodge will increase the damage you deal if you stay behind the mob (30 secs of full sneak attacks?!?!)

Paladin
    - they know lots of people like nin's more than pld's and want to change that.
    - they want pld's to be able to "use shield more than other jobs" - proc rate up? shield bash timer down? i think they meant proc rate.
    - they want to increase TP gained when blocking with shield
    - they want to give pld an aoe refresh or autorefresh.

Dark Knight
    - they said they want DRKs to use scythe more. maybe damage bonus when using scythe.
    - they want to increase the effects of absorb spells, and maybe give them secondary effects.

Beastmaster
    - they acknowledge that BSTs were hurt a lot with the MPK patch, and want to do something to fix it. they said they couldn't give details but they say "please believe in us."

Bard
    - they want to give bard more places to use different songs in battle, because right now bards use the same songs over and over.
    - they want to add new low level aoe "speed" song. i dont know whether it means something different than march.

Ranger
    - they're wokring on adjusting it again to "please more people."
    - will change sharpshot so that when it's active, r.acc will not be affected by distance.
    - more arrows will be quiverable.

Samurai
    - sam's will have a new way to use their TP.
    - said they were adding something so that when SAM hits an enemy, it will/might decrease its TP.

Ninja
    - it's very strong, maybe too strong. but we don't have plans to nerf it at the moment.

Dragoon
    - they're still looking at the effects of the recent changes they made so they don't have plans to change it more right now.

Summoner
    - right now, SMNs BP and release. they want to give SMN's some kind of incentive to keep their avatars out longer.
    - the person translating from the devs said they were giving SMN more MP but then quickly said "wait, no i didn't say that" so i'm not sure why he said it.
    - Earthen Ward, Aerial Armor, other blood pacts that currently don't have their effectiveness depend on summoning skill will now be affected by summoning skill.
    - new BP's
    - everyone wants to summon Bahamut but they would have to limit its strength if they made it summonable. they want to keep it special, so they say they have no plans to make Bahamut summonable.

Blue Mage
    - you can only learn blue magic with BLU as your main job
    - defeat a mob that gives you exp points and then you'll (have a chance to?) learn blue magic that it performs.
    - more and more abilities will be learnable with later patches.
    - "setting spells" - when you acquire blue magic, you won't be able to use it right away. you have to set it first.
    - each spell has a certain number of required setup points. as a blue mage you have a number of setup points you can allocate. this increases when you level up.
    - you also have a max # of spells that you can "set", based on your level.
    - spell effectiveness will depend on beast intimidation circle.
    - physical spells can skillchain, magic spells can MB.

Corsair
    - sorry, they wont tell us about the 2hr.
    - Main Ability is basically a dice roll (6 possible cards, numbered 1-6). different things happen depending on what the roll was.
    - that ability used again (looked like a 30 or 60 sec cooldown) will cause more (and better) things to happen to your party, or to the mob.
    - the sum of rolls causes something to happen, the best sum you can get is 11. if you hit 12, you "bust" like in blackjack, and when you bust there's a (probably slight) negative effect.
    - effects depend on party setup: if you have a war in your party you can give everyone double attack, if you have a BLM then you can give everyone MAB, if you have a THF then you can give everyone crit bonus.
    - job ability called "Card Shot" - use 1 of 8 different shots in your gun, and it's a magical attack. one example is strengthening debuffs that are currently on a mob (like dia).
    - one ability will be to lower recast time of spells for your party.

Q&A and Misc
    - in general they want people to use lots of different subs.
    - they were asked about Treasure Hunter, and about CHR vs Voke. the dev answering laughed and was hesitant to answer because "If I tell you too much, as soon as I get back to Japan I'll be dead." but he told us the following:
    - Treasure Hunter has nothing to do with damage dealt, or the final kill.
    - CHR has no effect on Provoke.
    - no plans to make jeuno a nation you can set alliegance to, but there will be "surprises" in the new expansion. new nation to pledge alliegance to?
    - the devs were very receptive to people's suggestions. they were actively writing things down that people suggested they add to the game. woot.

Sorry it was a double post, I didn't see a topic that dealt with this, but now I have to head to dinner. Such is life.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

RAISE THE WTF FLAG, CAP'N!

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

e

The puppet looks dumb ;;

Banned.

BG Level

Are you nuts? <3! Kingdom Hearts anyone?!

This has been posted already btw. Look in the other topic.

Old Merits
    BG Level

fuck kingdom hearts.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    fuck kingdom hearts.

http://ff11creatersvoice.cocolog-nifty. ... _5f9a.html

Hey Eddie, you at the fan festival right now?

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

kingdom hearts was fucking awesome.
    fixed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

dude Ichthyos, the stuff you're typing right now has already been posted in the first thread... why not read it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    kingdom hearts was fucking awesome.
    fixed.
    seconded

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    dude Ichthyos, the stuff you're typing right now has already been posted in the first thread... why not read it?
    He said it was more in detail than the other.. so, meh.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

bleh, where? i don't see it. i rushed back here to post and i'm just typing from my notes right now. if everything's already up i'll wipe the post and go to dinner, cuz the rest of my group is waiting for me. =/

blax n gunz
    BG Level

one thread to rule them all.

lock this pls

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    bleh, where? i don't see it. i rushed back here to post and i'm just typing from my notes right now. if everything's already up i'll wipe the post and go to dinner, cuz the rest of my group is waiting for me. =/
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewto ... c&start=90

This is the 3rd version ive read, and theyve all been somewhat diffrent. So others viewpoints are always nice.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So one version said we get new summonable avatars, while the other said we get new Bloodpacts... I guess I'll just have to read a summoner fanatic's version of the post, because if it's the job they love, they won't get the info wrong. =P

So all I hear is that there is no word of balancing two handed weapons, but instead they are nerfing one handed weapons. They said war/nin and ninja are too strong.

Lol more hp ja for monk???? Maybe they can make me believe in my ranger again though ;x

Banned.

BG Level

They mentioned DRKs doing better with Scythes...

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    So all I hear is that there is no word of balancing two handed weapons, but instead they are nerfing one handed weapons. They said war/nin and ninja are too strong.
    They say they are improving scythes and the other 2h dependent job that people find lacking (DRG) is still under observation.

Oh, and I dont think theres a different equation for 2h and 1h weapons, its just a really really wierd equation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast