+ Reply to Thread
    HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How to ask for advice on BG forums

This seems to be a recurring problem of late, and these threads are pissing me the fuck off. So I'm going to give you a nice step by step guide for how to actually make threads for asking advice.

Step one:
    DO YOUR OWN FUCKING RESEARCH.
    There is a search button on the top right corner, it is not for cosmetic purpose. It actually works. Chances are your question has allready been answered.

Step two-a:
    If after doing your research you found information, but it makes no sense, do not hesistate to bump with your question, but DO NOT NECROPOST. If you necropost, your ass will get smoked. Necroposting, I think, is posting roughly one week after the last post. If you have an addendum to an allready dead post, use your judgement. If it is a topic about Dynamis-Tavnzania that is 3 weeks old, but you have new information, such as some mob being another extension, bump that shit up. If you just want to post in that thread because you got owned mercilessly, we don't care.

Step two-b:
    If you were unable to find something you are looking for in the search fuction, make a short concise post: your question and possibly a hint that you actually attempted to search for it. Your life story is useless to us, leave that shit out, unless it involves you flailing a SSJ Nid, but we require screenshots in that case.

Step three:
    Expect a BG Card to be played on your post. It is not a game. The only thing you can do is wait, if you don't get an answer, its because the answer is allready out there and you did not search for it.

Examples of good question posts:
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7941
    yes, I made it, but it exemplifies it. Short, quick question left in an almost multiple choice form.

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7783
    Another good question post. Goes into detail into showing what research has been done so people cant play the alla card. If you want people to treat your question with respect, you got to give respect to those you're asking.

http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7817
    Carbon cuts to the point very quickly in his question. In turn, he gets almost direct responses.

In short:
    if you're too lazy to do your own work, don't expect us to do it for you.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I aprove this thread. This should be stickied.

I'm saving 1000 for something special

Sea Torques
    BG Level

sticky please ondori

stickify

2/7 vanguard agree

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    stickify

2/7 vanguard agree
    Who are all of the Vangaurd again?

The only reason this board is even worthwhile is the hope for threads like the dev team one to pop. The other 95% is ffxi addicts crying; it's not going to really matter what they do/how they post/what they ask. Smartest thing to do is just wait for the gems and sift through the shit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nyn, it seems a little, well, pedantic to expect people to follow a bunch of complex guidelines when they just want to ask a question :wink:

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    Nyn, it seems a little, well, pedantic to expect people to follow a bunch of complex guidelines when they just want to ask a question :wink:
    People can post whatever they want, they just shouldn't be surprised when they get flamed and carded for talking about how awesome winning xxxxx KS30 is on an end-game forum.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    the thing is....90% of the times they arent questions. They are people asking for others to hold their hands after there are full 15 page threads on the very same topic and ppl are just too fuckin lazy to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    I aprove this thread. This should be stickied.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I approve of daemon's avatar. It far outclasses my homeade mspaint goodness.

For a visual aid (this has been posted a few months back) http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Banned.

BG Level

Sticky it, so it can get 423 views, like the Rules thread.