Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Cloudx

Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel
    Yup, thanks for the support. ^^ It makes the 30k EXP loss seem less bad, lol.
    30ks xp... nu uh! 1.5 lvls gone ...

its all good tho... just like to say gg to my fellow LS members... we did good... one day it will be beaten... just not today... just not now...

ty to all the support we have gotten from everyone across the FF world...

to Masago our leader, thanks for the inspiration. You are definitely an awesome leader.

Til next battle... take care everyone and have fun .

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudx
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel
    Yup, thanks for the support. ^^ It makes the 30k EXP loss seem less bad, lol.
    30ks xp... nu uh! 1.5 lvls gone ...

its all good tho... just like to say gg to my fellow LS members... we did good... one day it will be beaten... just not today... just not now...

ty to all the support we have gotten from everyone across the FF world...

to Masago our leader, thanks for the inspiration. You are definitely an awesome leader.

Til next battle... take care everyone and have fun .
    I think your LS came as close to beating FFXI as you can come. I mean holding AV for over 30 hours is nothing short of amazing. Congrats.

I forgot the word "hours", I fail.

I think your LS came as close to beating FFXI as you can come
    That's the other moral. Didn't mean to skip that.

did anyone try using their 2hr, IE chainspell or bene while fighting av? maybe its like relic weapons, 2 hr to buy more time, except AV may not use that 2hr? sorry just smoked a blunt and it came to me

Internet Haet Machine
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys said that after the Wynavs are been killed, he lost all his MP and 2HR right? Did u check the day and/or the moon phase? Cause there's something surely that stopped his casting and 2HRing from 100% untile that 52%...

Hard to find out but, damn SE is broken....

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Cautery
    You guys said that after the Wynavs are been killed, he lost all his MP and 2HR right? Did u check the day and/or the moon phase? Cause there's something surely that stopped his casting and 2HRing from 100% untile that 52%...

Checking all this stuff means absolutely nothing imo...

JLo was put into the game as a broken mob. Was toned down, now people can beat him... No special strat. Nothing thats new or earth breaking. You just Nuke, Chi Blast, Bloodpact, and WS the fk out of him.

This general theory will most likely hold true for AV as soon as he is fixed.

After playing WoW for a while, I wish they would have made some weakness for killing him.... Those crappy ass jailer weapons would then maybe have a meaning.

A mob that takes 24+ hours to kill to 52 then benediction for 40,000+hp... I'm sure the people that fought it can agree... THIS MOB IS BROKE.

Just like many many other things in the game. Its a shame.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by rooster

JLo was put into the game as a broken mob. Was toned down, now people can beat him... No special strat. Nothing thats new or earth breaking. You just Nuke, Chi Blast, Bloodpact, and WS the fk out of him.

After playing WoW for a while, I wish they would have made some weakness for killing him.... Those crappy ass jailer weapons would then maybe have a meaning.

A mob that takes 24+ hours to kill to 52 then benediction for 40,000+hp... I'm sure the people that fought it can agree... THIS MOB IS BROKE.

if its so broke and such a shame, dont play or post on it D:

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    He doesn't play anymore and he's the guy that hosts the boards/runs the place. He can do what he damn well pleases.

So let's have a summary of what have we learned:

- AV has about 90k hp (46k+/.52 = 89k+)
    - either by glitch or by intention, there's a way to stop him from 2hring and casting for a period of time
    - you can nuke him over the north al'taieu wall (lol)
    - he doesn't exhaust his 2hrs if you keep him claimed/aggroed
    - he starts in a "no-bracelet" state, and puts on bracelets around 60%. This may or may not correct his "glitched--no 2hr" state.
    - his regen is still present and is pretty strong, but concentrated nuking can overcome it.

Did anyone time how long it would take him to regen 1% while being assaulted? Now that we can approximate his max HP (90k, so 1% = 900hp) we should be able to translate his seconds-per-percentage gain into an approximate value.

Someone said that we have now tied several of his 2hrs to various actions -- much like the initial manafont->meteor discovery. What other connections have we made? Meikyo->explosive impulse?

There's a good chance that this mob is completely broken, or that there's some gimmick that the whole multiverse is collectively missing (lol ebon panels) in either case I hope SE throws us a bone here before abandoning CoP completely for ToAU.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Sure he can, still doesnt give him reason enough to complain about a game he quit. Why complain about something you dont take a part in anymore?

Doesnt make sense to me. Just like people who complain about RMT and then log on to a website and do it themselves. Hypocrites bother me.

Anyway, yeah rooster i agree with you on most of your points and it just doesnt make sense why things would be in the game for as long as they are before any action is taken to repair them. Its one thing to continuously update a game and repair bugs as you find them, but AV and Jol have been around for more than just a few days and shouldn't still have this many problems.

edit:
    There's a good chance that this mob is completely broken, or that there's some gimmick that the whole multiverse is collectively missing (lol ebon panels) in either case I hope SE throws us a bone here before abandoning CoP completely for ToAU.
    Im with you on this as im sure most are. I just hope they didnt make the same mistakes with ToAU that they did with CoP, so that in the end, we end up going back to Sea. Would be great to figuer it out or anything by release date.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster

What kinda logic is that? If you truely cared about this game, and its outcome, you'd care that they have a mob out there that is horribly designed and broken, and that 40+ people just wasted 30 hours of their life (granted Im sure it was an exhilirating event), and another 100+ hours getting that EXP back, struggling against a mob which could never have been defeated in the first place, yet the devs have stated otherwise.

The people you should be angry at and dissapointed at are the originators of this horribly designed endgame boss. SE has been making games for how long, and have made amazing boss encounters in all of their games to date (Hell even Apocalyptic Beast is a nice original boss)....I just don't see why they fail so horribly in this one. Everything Ondori says is yes, laced with bitterness and contempt for this game, but regardless it has it's truth to it. Accepting alot less then this game should be isn't gonna help us.

In the end though, be happy for LimitBreak, for showing more heart, and putting more effort into FIGHTING Absolute Virtue, then apparently the devs put into developing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    He doesn't play anymore and he's the guy that hosts the boards/runs the place. He can do what he damn well pleases.
    lol Kuno QFTW

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by supaswimma
    did anyone try using their 2hr, IE chainspell or bene while fighting av? maybe its like relic weapons, 2 hr to buy more time, except AV may not use that 2hr? sorry just smoked a blunt and it came to me
    No, nobody used their 2hr abilities in that entire 30 hours they sat their fighting. /sarcasm

Obviously they used their 2hr abilities.

And did Boyiee just tell rooster that if he thinks this way about AV, he shouldn't even post in this topic? And then proceeds to talk about how he agrees with his points? OK! -runs head first into wall-

edit: way to bury yourself with this community by trying to diss one of it's leaders. lawls.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Sure he can, still doesnt give him reason enough to complain about a game he quit. Why complain about something you dont take a part in anymore?

Doesnt make sense to me. Just like people who complain about RMT and then log on to a website and do it themselves. Hypocrites bother me.

Anyway, yeah rooster i agree with you on most of your points
    you agree with him yet he's not allowed to say it?

he pays more to keep this site running per month than you do to SE for a full year of service.

whether he still plays the game or not, he's still involved and influential in the community.

disparage him again and get banned.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I would have gone to sleep after the 6th hour of stress.

Although IMO going at it for that long is not worth it, grats to you guys for the arduous effort. It was a very interesting brouhaha.

Rhapsody

It really seems to have a number of "modes" figuring out wtf makes it change modes is the real key at this point. It didnt do any bene for like 20hrs, then once it got low, it started doing it regularly the first time it got to 52% Heck, It dodnt do any 2-hrs at all for many hours. I'm not so sure its broken or unbeatable, SE just didnt give any clues as to what triggers these mode changes. Hopefully LB will figure it out and WIN next time.

Major Kudos from Bismarck server.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

never said he wasnt allowed to

just cause i didnt agree with his posting didnt mean i didnt agree in his points. No matter who said them, they work.

not angry at anyone locke, but am dissapointed se added another glicth taking them this long to fix

Recap of the fight:

When we first popped AV, we held him with Shadowbinds as you guys know, this strat worked impeccable. During this time he did random 2 hours and summoned the wynavs. We kept working on killing wynavs and other aerns that linked while keeping him under control. At about the 3-4 hour mark, we noticed that he had not summoned wynavs, 2-houred, or cast magic in a long time. We were organizing a tank pt to try an assault on him and then we had the call for help. He got his magic back because of the regen from being unclaimed we're assuming. We attempted to run him out of mp again by shadowbinding for another 2-3 hours and aspiring him as much as we could but it seemed futile. This is when people needed sleep.

At this time 3-4 people went to change to low level jobs and a couple stayed to raise us, and we were able to hold him overnight like this. I slept at about 8am my time until about noon and came back to find us still fighting. We had moved him just west of the entrance to Al'Taieu into a north covey to try to avoid the linking aerns. He was just the same as the night before with the magic, but no 2-hour/wynavs. We resumed the shadwobind strat and tried to run him out of MP, still wasn't working. Then we tried to put a dent in him to see if it affected the regen and took him to 96% with blms going crazy on him. Then they wiped and he just regened. We had decided to call it quits at this point and he was damn near about to despawn when Orfeo asked us to try the wall thing so we had to sac him from K-12 to E-8.

He arrived at the wall and I was skeptical, until I saw his reaction at the first nuke that hit him, it was brilliant, he just stood there eating the damage with no means of fighting back. The linkshell was going crazy, people who had left rushed back out. From 100% to 60% there was nothing special about him, he was a huge pacifist and could do nothing against the blms. At 60% though he did some sort of animation that resembles the Aern cocoon motion only it was different colors and is hard to describe. This is when he 2 houred for the first time in well over 18 hours. He without a doubt entered a second form at this stage.

The BLMs continued to nuke him while he started spamming off 2 hours until the inevtiable 44,000 hp benediction at around 51%. A lot of people's hearts sank upon seeing that, but we were convinced we could just bring it down again and hopefully he would not benediction again. We learned that it's imperative noone on the South Side of Al'Taieu get hate from him because this gives him a target for meteor and it will hit the black mages on the other side. I don't think this is foolproof but he meteored far less when he was mad at someone on the north side than the south side, and I would guess cause he was out of range.

Some of the patters he exhibited:
    1. Call Wyvern was alywas 6 wynavs and was always followed by familiar, and astral flow. This made the wynavs take around 20 or so -ga spells to dispatch of. We tried to time how long between when he summoned wynavs and we killed them and he summoned more. One estimate we got was 4 minutes and 30 seconds from the time he summons wynavs, not when the wynavs died.
    2. Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes were used together.
    3. He used both Manafont+Perfect Dodge combo , and Manafont+Chainspell. Although throught the whole fight his spells had always been insta cast so wtf on Chainspell.
    4. He always always always used Invincible right before benediction and the mijiin gakure right after, so if we had found a way to stun him, and it's possible to stun his 2 hours, we would have been golden.
    5. He likes to do comet -> comet -> meteor. Figuring this out was big so BLMs could move out of range when we started to see comet.
    6. He hardly ever used soul voice
    7. He used a couple other melee 2 hours together that i can't recall; something like Meikyo Shisui to Blood Weapon or something of the sort, but always in the pattern.

We figured if we treated him like the other form that we could keep taking down the wynavs and eventually he would stop, but it didn't work out that way. We were able to avoid meteor for the most part, unless someone on the south side pulled hate, but occasionally he'd move into the wall like halfway across it and his meteor would be in range of the BLMs. Sometimes the Wynavs would get stuck in the wall too and were in casting range and did aga IIIs onto the BLMs. Aggroing the wynavs from the south side seemed to link hate with AV, but there were some instances where this didn't hold up. Pulling him back to wall was tough because in this form when you went to sac him he liked to do meteor, and if he had the wynavs it just made it harder. The Wynavs move as fast as flee.

After repeating the process of pulling him back to the wall and nuking him down as far as we could, and having him benedicton probably 10 times never letting us get him past 72% in the second form we were out of options. We tried one last thing which was to flat blade stun him with a justice sword but even with sneak attack the stun effect did not go off with the Weaponskill. We had foughten for 28 or so hours at that paint and were stumped so we let him go. Watching him depop was horrible, I felt a lot of hate towards SE at this time, because for all the lost exp and all the time we spent fighting him, we deserved to win, but SE is gonna tell me that a mob who benedictions at will and can't be stopped from doing it is killable.

One thing to keep in mind on the wall thing is how pacified this mob was. He and his wynavs might as well been a stationary group of mobs that blms could fire at will at and receive nothing in return. It would be absolutely impossible, I believe to deal with AV attacking you and the wynavs spawning. If we had had him in the old spot and somehow gotten him to that form, we would have died immediately. So essentially SE has created a mob that you can pacify to the point that he can't fight back, and you can nuke til your hearts content on, yet he will never die because of benediction. SE's given us a great game to play, but concerning this NM they can go fuck themselves. There should not be mob in this game that is without a doubt unkillable, or have the capability of firing 2 hours at will.

Amazing summary. Thank you for all your efforts, you guys did awesome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

So the Wyverns taking 0 Magical Damage from Absolute Virtue just stops there? lol