Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Penance robe     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Penance robe

gonna start going for it,gonna start w/ 5 sets of mats,hopefully pop out a HQ in 20-25 try any1 have experience w/ this?

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

exactly why do you want this? -1 perp?

aside from spirits, this really doesnt have a use, the 5enmity from yingyang owns for anything solo (or special groups >_>)

i really dont think its worth it, imo

dont feel like camping shiki,and my smn cant use YY yet and major E-PENIS

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

White Box 8)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Ulmo went like 1/146 have fun <3

holyshit............

I went 2/17 on Penace Robe....

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    I went 2/17 on Penace Robe....

are you jp?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Naw hes just a uber leathercrafter :O

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Good luck. Maybe you'll get it in the first couple synths, maybe even first synth, maybe you'll go 1/150ish like Ulmo. Maybe it'll even take you longer than that.

Consider yourself very lucky if you get it within the first couple dozen attempts.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

shikigami weapon is such an easy camp, there is no reason to kill yourself over this robe

just trying to help you understand, this isnt worth it lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

penance robe rules, 2 mp per tick fenrir is god for solo (with no weather/day specifics). Yes, it could be 1, but thats only on dark day, well i guess free in dark weather too. Anyway, it's the best smn robe IMO. What is he going to need -enmity for? all those massive hate blood pacts?errr wait.

You also dont want avatars pulling hate w/ the + 5 enmity on yinyang from an HNM or something. I can chain cure 3 and never have any issues.

I use yinyang and penance, penance while avatar out (aside from carbuncle, yinyang stays on), penance for rest. For elongated fights, bcnm, soloing etc where you need to keep your pet out it's really great, and with the upcoming news that they want players to keep pets out? who knows...maybe -perpet will become even more important

This robe will end up being pretty nice actually with the talks of the redesign of jobs and them wanting to make it where SMN are more apt to leave out thier avatars.

But trust me it's a bitch. i'm 0/40 ish on this now. I'll get it eventually hehe. But only 1 leather crafter on Ifrit has made these so far, and he had 3 in his Bazaar and was jpn, all signed lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah there's a JP on Fenrir that had made at least 2 or 3 of these, not sure how many tries he has taken though but I imagine quite a many.

I think it is nice with the -1 perp, could be useful if they give avatar abilities like Diabolos, I'm told the one where he steals the stats from mobs makes him a pretty formidable melee.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    penance robe rules, 2 mp per tick fenrir is god for solo (with no weather/day specifics). Yes, it could be 1, but thats only on dark day, well i guess free in dark weather too. Anyway, it's the best smn robe IMO. What is he going to need -enmity for? all those massive hate blood pacts?errr wait.

You also dont want avatars pulling hate w/ the + 5 enmity on yinyang from an HNM or something. I can chain cure 3 and never have any issues.

I use yinyang and penance, penance while avatar out (aside from carbuncle, yinyang stays on), penance for rest. For elongated fights, bcnm, soloing etc where you need to keep your pet out it's really great, and with the upcoming news that they want players to keep pets out? who knows...maybe -perpet will become even more important
    my fenrir is 3mp/tick, and farming phaubo's for a flame gorgen for my whm/nin showed me (even moreso when doing actions as opposed to carby kiting) that +5enmity on my pet is important. Even with 600-1000 (rare, 900 more common) eclipse bites, recasting pet with a phaubo careening toward you is a scary thing. Towards the end, it'd hit shadows/stoneskin, and fenrir wouldnt take hate just by being out. I would finish fights (these are T at 75, and resist physical damage [imo]) with 400 or so mp, starting with like, 1130~ish. Losing 1 -perp is offset by the +5pet enmity (i have -16/19 enmity myself)~ and you save an inventory slot by just having yingyang, and not yingyang/verm + robe. Yingyang is also free (LOL), and penance is not ;P

I solo a lot on my smn, more than 75% of my exp getting to 75 actually, and I just want to say~ penance isnt worth it for your normal smn (using spirits... its good, otherwise, no)

*Pulling hate with a BP isnt a bad thing, you just have to know how to position your pet (depending on the mob) as you slide it in with a BP (smns should know what i mean), and mitigate damage taken by your pet by learning when and how to release properly during the 'charge up' animation for a BP so that your pet doesnt get hit (Vivian comes to mind)

*I dont think the devs would add bonuses to keeping a pet out without decreasing perp, thats just what i think though

*Diabolos' Ultimate Terror drains random attributes (if he doesnt get resisted outright), it doesnt guarantee him to be a good melee avatar (waste a BP to drain stats, when you can use [lower perpetuation] Fenrir to do Damage BP/Melee Buff/Debuff BP, and work with his existing high melee dmg)

ero,what would you charge me for HQ?

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im under the impression that if u only match the clothcraft cap of the synth you'll never HQ. So Im waiting until i cap CC before I start my tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Im under the impression that if u only match the clothcraft cap of the synth you'll never HQ. So Im waiting until i cap CC before I start my tries.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    Huh?
    He's talking about hitting tier with cloth sub.

yeah this is one of those synths you need to get support for the sub instead of the main (which i made the mistake of for a while). I'm trying 5 more synths on these tomorrow for a LS mate, so hopefully i'll finally get lucky for her.

As for someone else, if they brought me all the materials i'd probably charge them like 2-3mil for the synth since it's a pretty rare synth that they could make a shitload of money off of if they decided to sell it to some white box fanatic. I know the JPN guy that had a bunch several of them sold them for about 30mil before inflation each. But that's basically what i'd charge someone i don't really know or care about lol.