+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NCAA (Big Dance 2006)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

NCAA (Big Dance 2006)

Who do you think will be in the Final Four and who do you think will be crowned champion this year?

My pick is:

Duke, UCLA, North Carolina and Boston College.

Although, I can see Duke losing to LSU, UCLA losing to Kansas, Tennessee beating UNC and Ohio State over BC but what do you guys think?

ACC was down this year, no way we get 3 in the final four. I'm pissed because LSU is the perfect team to knock Duke out in the sweet 16...though the prospect of spanking Texas yet again does bring me joy. UNC is good, but I don't see them playing 4 games without screwing up...neutralize TH and they've got nothing. As for BC...if you shoot 60+% from the field and aren't blowing away your opponent, your defense is fucking terrible. They'll lose in the second round.

Atlanta: Duke should win...but keep an eye on Iowa, I like their scrapiness. Don't trust Syracuse...I see A&M beating them, and if not them, then LSU will destroy them...ignore the Big East championship, they did that last year with a much better team and lost in the first round. My last team to watch is NC State...losers of 4 straight, but they are the hardest team to prepare for due to the Princeton offense...Texas is ripe for the picking.

Oakland: UCLA is the chic pick...which should immediately send you running in the other direction. Memphis is getting alot of negative reviews, but they have probably the easiest region in my opinion. Gonzaga will not make the sweet 16, they play terrible defense. IMO, the winner between Kansas and Pitt will win this regional...and I like Pitt's team.

D.C.: How the fuck is Rudy Gay considered an all american? He's a headcase in the Kwame Brown mold and I pray that the Bobcats don't take him in the Draft. UConn is due for a fall (bad karma for the laptop incident). Every pundit is calling this the toughest bracket...and it's all bullshit- big names |= good teams, especially this year. Michigan State is a shell of it's former self, Illinois and UNC overachieved, and Tennessee is the worst of the 2 seeds. I honestly think I might pick UAB, but I'll probably bow to pressure and choose Washington.

Minneapolis: Villanova is a beast, BC got screwed (tell me how the 12, 5, and 13 seeds get homecourt advantage over the 4 seed?) and will not make the sweet 16. Watch Florida choke early. I see Ohio State and Villanova battling, with Nova getting the final four berth. Take Wisconsin-Mil over OKlahoma...Sampson's on his way out.

Final 4 of Duke, Pitt, Washington and Nova...Nova and Duke in the final game with Duke winning.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

my school actually made it to the top 20 this year, pretty exciting :D

I like your picks althought I don't know much about College Basketball, I have watched a lot of Pac-10 games (and Gonzaga) this season.

First off, I don't see Gonzaga going far. They had a hell of a non-confrence schedule but by playing in the WCC, they don't play any tough teams. They won't make it far in the tournement especially after struggling at home against San Fransico (3 pointer at buzzer), San Diego (OT) and Loyala Marymount (missed lay-up by LM). I feel Morrison will have some big-games but even if he scores 43 (like he did against Washington) that still doesn't garuntee a win.

UCLA is probably the best out west just because of how they man-handled the Pac-10 Tournement. They finished off the season pretty well with two wins over Cal, one over Arizona and Stanford. The problem early on in the season for UCLA were their injuries but now that they're taken care of, they're a solid team. Unless they slip up against Kansas (or quite possibly Gonzaga or Memphis), I see UCLA making a run to the Final Four.

For Washington, I am a Husky fan and I am hoping they do well in the tournement but after watching them lose a 15 point lead against Oregon got me worried. At least I know they won't go into the tourny all swaggered and cocky and get blind-sided by Utah State, so I'm fairly sure if you neglect the Pac-10 Tourny, their 7-game win streak is how they should be playing. UW had a few key wins, two over UCLA, one over Gonzaga, one over Arizona and one over Cal, and I have a feeling they can go far if you said UConn might have their karma.

California was a solid team at the end of the year but being seeded 7th and facing a #2 team worries me. They have to be strong against both NCSt. and against Texas but if you heard, Leon Powe their star sophomore got 20 rebounds and 22 points against USC in the Pac-10 Tournment. I don't see Cal making it past Texas.

Lastly, Arizona was a good team towards the end of the season until their leading freshman was charged on a DUI. I can see them winning or losing against Wisconsin, but not against Villinova. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Raivyn
    my school actually made it to the top 20 this year, pretty exciting :D
    Which school is that?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

GMU :D

Black Belt
    BG Level

stupid question since i don't watch college sports, why does the cover of my Sporting News say "The Field of 65"?

isn't it 64 > 32 > Sweet 16 > Elite 8 > Final 4 > Championship?

how do you fit 65 in there?

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

2 teams have a playoff game to decide who gets the last 16th seed.

Yup, they added it a few years ago. It is being played tonight and the winner then gets to lose to Villinova. Well, at least they won one game.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

my buckeyes would win the whole thing if they shot to potential in all 6 games... but that's not likely to happen. shooting never comes in streaks of any more than like 3 games. georgetown would even be a tough matchup for the buckeyes because of their size... so would bc. we'd probably match up pretty well with villanova. i have to hope we get that far though.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

My final four is

1. Whoever wins between duke and syracuse...id say duke, but wouldnt be at all surprised by 'cuse.

2. Kansas takes Oakland bracket

3. Tennessee in the Wash Bracket

4. Florida or Boston College in the minneapolis bracket.

I dont care who gets into the final four

Ill be watching in glorious HD (Ahhhhh!!!!!)

TV:

Specifications for SONY KDSR60XBR1 60" RearSony's 60 inch Grand WEGA SXRD Rear Projection HDTV is the perfect addition to your living room.

The KDSR60XBR1 is equipped with SXRD technology which employs three Silicon X-tal Reflective Display panels which aid in the response time of image changes and movement.

TV Type: Rear Projection
    Screen Size: 60"
    HDTV: HDTV
    Audio Type: Stereo
    Features: With Picture-In-Picture
    Aspect Ratio: 16:9
    Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    MTS Stereo: Yes
    Picture In Picture: Yes
    Size: 66" x 39.75" x 20.25"

If you live in NYC and wanna see the final four send me a PM lol you can come over and watch

Im a gracious host/friend + no Im not a serial killer.. yet

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat?
    Im a gracious host/friend + no Im not a serial killer.. yet
    Indeed...

So far I'm in first in my work pool :3

Uconn to win, biggest loss was Pitt to elite 8 (meh)

Uconn is scaring me with the crappy play though (--;;

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    My final four is

1. Whoever wins between duke and syracuse...id say duke, but wouldnt be at all surprised by 'cuse.

2. Kansas takes Oakland bracket

3. Tennessee in the Wash Bracket

4. Florida or Boston College in the minneapolis bracket.

I fail on Multiple levels.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Basically everything in my braket is fucked except for the ones I think will make the final four, lol. Only two upsets I was able to get was Alabama and Wisconsin-Milwaukee. My Final Four, Florida V.S. Uconn, Duke v.s. Gonzaga.

I doubt Florida will win it all though (Probably lose v.s. Uconn. Although, I wish we'd beat Duke in the Finals. I fucking hate Duke so it would make the win all the sweater), but LOL@"Watch Florida choke early" with Florida being the only team to win both rounds by 20+ points.

After Florida I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Duke. I'd hope an SEC team would win, but only LSU left and I really doubt the'd be able to do it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Man, my bracket got shot to hell this weekend, 9/16 lol

Final Four Duke, UConn, BC, and Kansas

Kansas screwed me, but probably doesnt matter since I had Pitt over them originally, and well they sucked too.

UConn needs to start getting it together, I have them winning it all lol

BC, eh I wavered between them and Florida, well see if BC can beat Nova first (Arizona had a chance and blew it, so not that far fetched).

Duke nuff said, though I almost want them to get beat out earlier just to screw with other ppls brackets...

It seems like every year at some point I stop hoping teams for my bracket win and just start cheering for as much chaos as possible (especially since my team only made the NIT this year... damn the depth of the Big East ; ;

My brother put BC versus Gonzaga in the final, I laughed at first but now I think that would be pretty awesome lol

Oh, and CBS sucks, I'm gonna drive my head through a wall if I have to see another stupid Applebees shrimp commercial...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

(Bump)

8)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

so disapointing... i can't remember hating a bunch of players as much as i do florida's team. granted i refused to watch the game last night, florida seemed like a bunch of ass holes during the tournament.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy
    so disapointing... i can't remember hating a bunch of players as much as i do florida's team. granted i refused to watch the game last night, florida seemed like a bunch of ass holes during the tournament.
    SOMEONE GET THE WHAAAAMBULANCE

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    SOMEONE GET THE WHAAAAMBULANCE
    Can I whine about the Super Bowl some more?

Gratz, Gators. Can't really say I cared much about the game, but I watched all three games this weekend (while playing FFXI), was disappointed that none of them were close.

Just glad Texas didn't win. I really didn't want to listen to Longhorn fans winning national baseball, football and basketball titles all at the same time.