Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Well, I recently added the last two koenig pieces I needed to complete the set (body, and legs). And from my experience, I can say that i do notice a difference in hate lost. I have to agree with the previous poster, Koenig doesn't have +CHR for killer effects only.
    While I don't have the time, or methods of testing it out, from my perspective I noticed a difference when I added +31CHR.

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    The 24 hour NM to open assault doesn't sound to hot, like we need more camping...
    what 24 hour NM to open assault? did I miss something? O.o

No one is saying that CHR effect "Provoke" anymore and that's why the lame person asking the question got shot down. But what people are assuming now is that CHR effects how fast your Hate will go down.

Look at it this way Charisma is how you effect someone with what you are doing. Like in real life. Now look at a BRD. I recently saw a video of a BRD/NIN tanking Fafnir with chocobo mazurka. (which a bard in my ls likes to do on lame fights like genbu just for fun) Bards build up hate and once they have it, it's hard for mobs not to smack at them everytime they do something and usually have a shitload of CHR gear.

So maybe CHR effects the rate of which hate will naturally lower, is all people are saying, which would finally make sense why CHR is including in Kaiser. It's NOT far fetched when you look at in battle experiences. But it IS something that you can't parse effectively, only really observe.

It was stated by devs that "it doesn't effect provoke" they did NOT say it doesn't effect enmity. that's fact. now weither or not it's fact if it effects enmity is still technically up in the air, because people don't phase thier questions right to the devs and they like to play off words.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    It was stated by devs that "it doesn't effect provoke" they did NOT say it doesn't effect enmity. that's fact. now weither or not it's fact if it effects enmity is still technically up in the air, because people don't phase thier questions right to the devs and they like to play off words.
    Hell they could even say it doesnt effect enmity and it could still effect hate deterioration. Really we dont know what enmity adds to hate in this game, how it effects how hate is gained. Does Enmity only effect how much hate is gained on any particular action? Does it effect how much you lose over time? IMO Enmity is a specific amount of hate added to any given action. To say CHR doesnt effect this particular part of hate, would be true. CHR though in turn could be the resulting stat that determines how much hate you lose overtime, when you lose a shadow, or when you get smacked for 600 damage. That's how I view the whole deal.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The link to the 1up article posted above seems to be incomplete for me. Here's the complete link:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148759&did=1

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    It was stated by devs that "it doesn't effect provoke" they did NOT say it doesn't effect enmity. that's fact.
    That's what I thought, and that's all I wanted to know. 1up misquoted them, then. Here's the original statement from 1up (in that article, just hard to spot since it's 8 pages).

Quote Originally Posted by 1up.com Article
    Various Myths Debunked. Odds and Ends Gathered.
    During the open forum developer panel, a number of interesting questions were asked and answered, which should put to rest a lot of the theories running wild in FFXI. A Thief getting the final kill-shot on a mob has zero effect on whether you get the desired drops or not. A Thief merely needs to be in the party in order for Treasure Hunter to take effect. Utsusemi: San (a.k.a. Utsusemi: Three) is under consideration for Ninjas. The development team has taken adding weapon skills to Thrown weapons into consideration. The team would like to create incentive to get people to try new, unconventional job combinations to see what's effective (i.e. Paladin without a WAR sub), and will consider armor for wyvern pets for Dragoons. Charisma (CHR) does not affect a Paladin's Provoke or Enmity. It has nothing to do with either.
    The underlined sentence contains the misstatement in question, with the underlined and italicized part being the false part.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good read on 1-UP. Very nice accumulation of information.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Work connection and computer sucks balls, can't load the link worth a damn. ._.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    wait.. did no one seriously post this link?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...=0&cId=3148759
    I check 1up daily and never found that...good find

Banned.

BG Level

an overall imbalance in job effectiveness has left many melee jobs (dragoons, monks, thief)
    Jesus. At least he didn't say WAR.

We need like us giving the interviews... screw interviews, we need to mail SE a list of demands. Anyway, why do stupid people get to talk to SE?

EDIT:

Other Blizzard and Aero-style spells were used by the BLU, but it was hard to determine if these were elemental spells learned from mobs, or part of the BLU's inherent job abilities.
    He has never faught a golem/statue before.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think most bard songs have reasonably high enmity, I don't believe there is any conclusive proof that it lowers hate loss.

A good beastmaster knows more about subtle changes in enmity than anyone else. Between the +40 and +10 chr of my melee and charm gear I see little to know difference for long nm fights. If this was true and observable beastmasters would be the first to know.

If anything adding another koenig item just reduces the amount of damage you take, so you are loosing less enmity per hit.

Banned.

BG Level

omg this guy gets noobish by the page.

BARD: The FFXI team has noticed that most Bards (in our opinion, rather bad Bard players) have a tendency to cycle the same songs over and over, with little variety (probably Madrigals and Minuets on melee jobs, and Ballad only on mages).
    Could I get Ballad?
    STFU, I'm know how to play BRD... More Carols for you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BARD: The FFXI team has noticed that most Bards (in our opinion, rather bad Bard players) have a tendency to cycle the same songs over and over, with little variety (probably Madrigals and Minuets on melee jobs, and Ballad only on mages). The developers would like to encourage Bards to use a wider variety of songs in battle, to create "more places for a Bard to use songs in parties." How this will be implemented has yet to be revealed. Square plans to introduce a new low level song that increases party speed, although with Advancing March and Victory March both available it remains to be seen how this will contribute to greater use of the whole palette of songs.
    Who wrote the part that I bolded? It has to be one of the stupidest things I have read in my life. If that is the opinion of the author of the piece, he is a noob. If it is the opinion of the dev team, then they completely out of touch with how to play their own game.

No Bards, don't use March, Madrigal, or Minuet on the melee or Ballad on the mages, you need to switch it up! Give that Black Mage some Archer's Prelude so maybe he'll be able to hit when he throws his Phantom Tathlum! Everyone knows that Steal is affected by INT, so the Thieves in your life will love you when you hit them up with some Sage Etude! Getting hit with Blind? Don't bother using Blindna when Shining Fantasia works better!

Maybe people are using the same songs because, here's a wacky thought, they are the best songs. If you only have two songs you can use, logical people will try to make them the best two songs they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Getting hit with Blind? Don't bother using Blindna when Shining Fantasia works better!
    LOL Sad part about that is that its true in ballista.
    BRD Sleep Resist Song > WHM Sleep Resist Spell.

Banned.

BG Level

There will be more than one version of puppet to use.
    At least this is good news.

Anyway... I love how this guy complains about kings, but doesn't mention the fact that they drop the best gear in the game, and thats the problem. Telling from the fact he doesn't even know a golem's ability from blizzard, he probably isn't there yet. And of course... no mention of Sea's drop rates or AV.

SE is out of touch because they are talking to idiots.

I want to see an interview where someone makes them feel unconfortable and accept the fact they screwed up a lot, but not in a way so they answer "[Laughs] Well yes, this is so and so, but we have fix that has nothing to do with it". And now ToUA is going to have less plot, with no promise of good rewards, the reason people disliked CoP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

BARD: The FFXI team has noticed that most Bards (in our opinion, rather bad Bard players) have a tendency to cycle the same songs over and over, with little variety (probably Madrigals and Minuets on melee jobs, and Ballad only on mages). The developers would like to encourage Bards to use a wider variety of songs in battle, to create "more places for a Bard to use songs in parties." How this will be implemented has yet to be revealed. Square plans to introduce a new low level song that increases party speed, although with Advancing March and Victory March both available it remains to be seen how this will contribute to greater use of the whole palette of songs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    And now ToUA is going to have less plot, with no promise of good rewards, the reason people disliked CoP.
    Less plot, a story that's straight to the point (instead of finding some shitty mirror fixing technique for a taru so he doesnt get caught in a pedophile ring), and a ton of content? Yes please.

Banned.

BG Level

I don't make the game, but I don't see how you can't have both good content and good plot. I mean, if SE listened to us, CoP would have both at not big cost.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Blue Mages must be within a certain level range of the monster, and be able to get some amount of experience from it in order to gain its ability.
    Did anyone bother to ask if learning abilities from NMs would be possible?

The other thing is, are there any mob types that aren't high enough level to give exp to a LV75? (The possibility for a BLU to get screwed from learning an ability forever would suck.) Now that I think of it, how would this work in capped CoP zones for mobs such as hippogryphs, etc., unless they just won't use any BLU abilities from those (AoE Dispel WS from Hippogryph would be pretty pimp though).

Quote Originally Posted by Quicklet
    Blue Mages must be within a certain level range of the monster, and be able to get some amount of experience from it in order to gain its ability.
    Did anyone bother to ask if learning abilities from NMs would be possible?

The other thing is, are there any mob types that aren't high enough level to give exp to a LV75? (The possibility for a BLU to get screwed from learning an ability forever would suck.) Now that I think of it, how would this work in capped CoP zones for mobs such as hippogryphs, etc., unless they just won't use any BLU abilities from those (AoE Dispel WS from Hippogryph would be pretty pimp though).
    Treants don't have a version that give exp to a Lv. 75. There may be others. In a level cap zone I'm sure you can gain any ability used against you. I think what they are trying to avoid here is people who go farm abilities from every mob in the game with a level 75 BLU going around killing Too Weak monsters until they can learn the ability. I think they want you to work for the ability a bit, so you have to learn it from a "hard" version of the mob. In level capped zones I think it's fair game, I think you will be able to learn any of those moves.