Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Kerrigans official all you need to know about ToA thread

OK FOLKS

here's all you need to know-

1. death in besieged does not make you lose XP

2. You can now become a mercenary, and collect merc points for items/upgrades. This works similarly to CP.

3. Also there will be NO LEVEL CAP AREAS FOR ToA. (but there will be some lvl capped bc)

4. assault missions (those available) will be based on events/mobs killed that day. So this may be like "you kill a 24 hours spawn and open up a new assault stage". Also it is confirmed, if the beastmen steal the treasure you're protecting in besieged you'll have to assault to get it back.

5. CHOCO-FUCKING-BO BREEDING

6. Odin and Cerberus..
    three-headed dogs pwn you!!!!!

7. I will be playing it

and that's all you need to know ^^

Glad to hear this, but where is your information to back this up? (just curious)

Also, any news on Mithras? :D

wait.. did no one seriously post this link?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...=0&cId=3148759

Old Merits
    BG Level

The 24 hour NM to open assault doesn't sound to hot, like we need more camping...

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    The 24 hour NM to open assault doesn't sound to hot, like we need more camping...
    It doesnt matter who kills what. They've made ToA out to be very dynamic, what is dead and what is not will be a factor in what assaults are available. not weather or not -you- killed them. (At least, this is what i've gathered from what i read). the strength of the beseiged attacks are affected by how much the general population has done in the way of attacking the beastmen place.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

from what I've read with the fan festival stuff, it sounds like SE's finally getting it right...

Actually the whole thing about Assault was that they said it would be very easy to organize for and only need about 3 people to do. No confirmation either that assault is directly connected to beseiged, just that some form of attack on their forces is necessary to reclaim the treasure and keep their forces weak. I know it's most likely assault but never once did they specifically use the words assault when explaining the counterpart to beseiged.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I just hope there are some really nice mercenary items :D.

A.k.a no enchanted crap or shit with retarded latent effects... At least a body armor that's BST/WAR/etc... that is at least marginally better than a hauberk >.>

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont mind if its enchanted, as long as its a long lasting enchant with infinite charges.

STR+10 DEX+10 ATK+20 ACC+20 body piece
    1/1 24 hour recast, lasts 4 hours as long as its equipped.

I'd use it

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    wait.. did no one seriously post this link?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pa...=0&cId=3148759
    thats a great article that nicely sums up everything + has a private Q&A session. Great link.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

At work so I can't see it. Can anyone do a copy + paste?

Great link, I like how it clearly explains the jobs. Blue Mage sounds even more appealing to me now that understand how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus
    At work so I can't see it. Can anyone do a copy + paste?
    It's like 8 pages, you'll just have to wait.

Now I know who stole my interview slot =P however he fired off some decent questions and I would have gone in a completely different direction with mine. I am glad someone NA got an interview period. However I think his info about black mage having solo potential is a mistake, it was said at the dev panel but the guy just worded it wrong and didn't realize. Suddenly someone ran up and whispered in his ear and it was instantly revised... definitely not a hint to me. It just meant the black mage will be encouraged to be the sole black mage in a party, not all by themselves period.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I would just like

STR+5 Acc +12
    Haste +3%
    Crit Hit Rate +3%

That would be all I would ever need

Charisma (CHR) does not affect a Paladin's Provoke or Enmity. It has nothing to do with either.
    Can someone confirm this? I thought the question asked was only about Provoke?

Old Merits
    BG Level

CHR = killer effects

GET THE FUCK OVER IT

CHR = killer effects

GET THE FUCK OVER IT
    Hi, I'm talking about what was specifically said by the devs at the panel discussion. GET THE FUCK OVER IT kthxbai

Old Merits
    BG Level

Dev's have only said that provoke is not affected by CHR. HOWEVER, there has NEVER been any REAL evidence to show that enmity is affected by CHR. Nor is adding CHR to tanking gear going to be of any consequence or priority.

Killer effects are affected by CHR, and if you have the time and a parser it's pretty easy to show.

Well, that's what I thought too. But the 1up interview seems to actually quote the devs as saying it doesn't affect general enmity buildup either. If they misquoted them, then that's what I'm asking about.

Dev's have only said that provoke is not affected by CHR. HOWEVER, there has NEVER been any REAL evidence to show that enmity is affected by CHR. Nor is adding CHR to tanking gear going to be of any consequence or priority.

Killer effects are affected by CHR, and if you have the time and a parser it's pretty easy to show.
    And yet Ive seen full Koenig PLDs (+60CHR) get out-intimidated by someone with 1 or 2 pieces (+10-20). I just can't believe Killer Effects is why Koenig has all of that CHR on it. It just boggles my mind....and until someone proves it via CONCRETE parsers...I dunno what to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast