FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    My LS does two sea runs a week including limbus, each lasts a total of maybe 4-5 hours including soap purchase, teleports, waiting for people to gather in palace, etc etc. Since September we've killed 145 Jailers and a few Proto-Weapons. As far as I know, there aren't any "glitched" NMs, unless you count AV being apparently unkillable. We've fought all of them 10+ times except Love and AV (only once each).
    How is Prudence turning untargetable only sometimes not a glitch?
    There's a way to fight it in which you can prevent the second image from becoming permanently untargetable. Or maybe we've just been lucky the last 4 Prudences, and it's a coincidence that we're fighting it a different way (this could be the case).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lol@peoplewhoquitforwowbecauseCOPsucked

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers
    1) Other than AV, which doesn't even matter because no one can kill him let alone farm him, which Jailer doesn't pop when you trade the items?

I read something that made some sense to me (it was on Alla!!): People complained about king monopolies and how gay it was to sit around camping these mobs, hoping the abj would drop and just in general how shitty and how random it was to get this good gear. SE responded with "Well we want this gear to be rare so go fuck yourself" People continued to complain and SE continued to want the gear to be rare. SE finally made a concession with CoP- the torques and earrings are very rare but not because the mobs are a once-a-day pop with a voke contest, but because the drop rates on both the items and the triggers are so shitty. The difference is that you can never actively do anything about being about outclaiming a bot, or whatever, without cheating yourself. You can just keep doing Jailers til your shit finally drops, though. Same concept, really, but putting the power in the player's hands.

This is SE amending the king system. Rare not because people are unlucky enough to not get claim or have to deal with botters, but because people have to be very dedicated and patient to actually equip an LS. A particularly sadistic middle ground.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good theory.
    Too bad the existence of sky invalidates that conjecture. If Square intended to keep drop rates on everything low, sky would be just like sea. (No one would want to go there.) No, square just knows that most of us are going to put up with the bull-toot that they handed us with CoP and keep crowding around Kings.

Who said they intended to keep the drop rate on everything low? Perhaps Sky's drops aren't supposed to be rare, but the torques, earrings, M. and E. Bodies and Ridills are.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    OH MY GOD COP SUCKS LET"S ALL QUIT FFXI AND PLAY WOW
    My Shadow Priest owns 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    OH MY GOD COP SUCKS LET"S ALL QUIT FFXI AND PLAY WOW
    My Shadow Priest owns 8)
    BUT CAN YOUR SHADOW PRIEST USE RIDILL

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I DON'T HAVE A RIDILL ANYWAYS LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    How is Prudence turning untargetable only sometimes not a glitch?
    There's a way to fight it in which you can prevent the second image from becoming permanently untargetable. Or maybe we've just been lucky the last 4 Prudences, and it's a coincidence that we're fighting it a different way (this could be the case).
    In 3 Prudences it happened only once. It didn't become permanently untargetable either, it was visible but just couldn't be targeted. Eventually it just fixed itself.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Bibiki Bay is the worst XP zone, ever.

XPing off of Goblins is the worst thing, EVER.

Boyahda vs. Bibiki:

Goblin vs. Darter:
    Bomb Toss vs. Cursed Sphere: You know how much damage Cursed Sphere will do, while sometimes you don't know if that suicide bomb is going to instantly kill one of your melee.
    Goblin Rush vs. Venom: LOL NO TRIPLE SHADOW RAPE ZOMG

Goblin vs. Crawler:
    LOL CRAWLER WS ARE WEAK AS SHIT LOL

Goblin vs. Crabs:
    lol

Dhalmel vs. anything:
    LOL NO CURE VI

Need I continue this discussion as to why Bibiki Bay sucks? No? Ok.

Btw, your 5min/6min repop bullshit doesn't count, because no one ever goes to Boyahda anymore anyway, the zone is yours.
    QFTFT

COP was a pain in the ass, but I thoroughly enjoyed getting to sea.

Where COP fails to me is end game of course and the total lack of desire to help people through a second time. Spending money and XP on getting others through sucks, Storyline BC's should give xp or something if your doing them a second time.

CoP sucks because you can spend 6 hours there and get nothing. For people like me who started playing in grad school and now work full time, there is a big difference. After working all day, it seems like a waste of time to go to sea.

In sky, all NMs= 100% drop
    4 gods= 100% on seals
    Kirin will pop 100% of the time.

Out of the 50+ Kirins I am guessing, only 1 time did it not drop an abj. In 6 hours of sky (if you go early) you can get all NMs at least twice, pop gods, add to the LS coffer, and get a Kirin kill in

In 6 hours of sea, you MAY get a few deeds, and MAY get a few good drops. You pop a jailer and MAY get a pop for JoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaesus
    Out of the 50+ Kirins I am guessing, only 1 time did it not drop an abj. In 6 hours of sky (if you go early) you can get all NMs at least twice, pop gods, add to the LS coffer, and get a Kirin kill in
    You my friend, are in the luckiest LS. I've fought over 100 Kirins, seen like 10% of those drop no abjurations, and have seen streaks of 15+ No-Osode Kirins, and 15+ no W.Leg Kirins...all when it was the only thing we needed. Kirin's not as nice to everyone as you think.

ouch man. My luck transcends through 3 LSs (Berserk HK/NA sky LS on Shiva, Dark Legacy on Shiva, and now Paradise Oblivion on Migard) Still, my main point is that when you trade the 4 seals to ??? to pop Kirin, he doesn't say,"I do not feel like coming out today."

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Thaesus
    ouch man. Still, my main point is that when you trade the 4 seals to ??? to pop Kirin, he doesn't say,"I do not feel like coming out today."
    Kirin: It's my day off, go away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5