Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good Snoll tactic?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Good Snoll tactic?

Hello, I'm a first time poster and trying to find out some info. I'm 0/3 on Snoll First time the group sucked second time I had same setup. RDM RDM SAM BLM PLD SMN with 2 salts third was same. Everyone is telling me I should of won that it must of been mages anyway I static with RDM friend so having a SAM and RDM is unavoidable but what are other good jobs to fill up other slots? and how many salts would I need for setup?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Ive tried it so many times with that same setup, very similar actually, and sadly, 2+ blms is the fastest way to go

BLms are a good, but not the best.

SAM/RNG, at least 2, and tis a sure win. Should only need 1 salt, if even that.

get 300% tp, sharpshot, sidewinder, meikio shisui, sidewinder, meditate, sidewinder, sidewinder, sidewinder

Trust me, it's hp gonna melt.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

just get as many mnks to 100fists it as you can haha

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    just get as many mnks to 100fists it as you can haha
    this actually dosen't work

anyway just load up on blms, have them cast flare, 2hr and make fusion for them the MBs do about 1500 a peice. I did it with mnk pld war blm blm smn, mnk salted to get his arggo low, then pld invincibled and salted jic, then fusion, MBx3, HF and MS. if you hundered fist to earily in the fight (which we did our first try) he eiter rapes you with AoE or rapes the mnk before he's even close to done.

That setup should be an easy win, RDMs both chainspell nuke, blm nukes, go sam/rng and go crazy, and smn uses AF. PLD opening with voke+flash+invinsible should keep you all alive long enough to avoid the only other real danger, everyone getting killed...

Warrior is pretty good for this BC as well. Have the war use wing and do ms rampage to open the fight and stables hate. Then have rest of the party go all out and it should die. BLMs do good damage on it with Flare but you don't necessarily need blms to win this BC.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

First group i went with was PLD MNK MNK BLM BLM RNG. Won easily with total zerg rush method (though amusingly enough after we got out of the BC we all died from frost and had to HP lol).

I can't remember the setup of the other times I did the fight helping friends but I do know that everytime we had 2 MNKs in the fight. Hundred Fists really owns the hell out of the snoll.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just remember that if you're going 2 BLMs, that you need another damage source as well. With no salts, youll only have enough time for 2 Flares (1.2k each) and 2 Firaga II (450? each, forget the exact amount). This isn't enough to win.

If you're doing manaburn, 4-5 BLMs is a better idea.
    IMO WAR/SAM and such are the kings of this BC.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Won first try as BLM BLM BLM SAM PLD WHM, even though I aggro'd the snoll on accident before anyone was ready...

Adjust it to fit. Don't hold back in any aspect. That's the key, any group with fast zerg damage can win if you're not afraid to let loose.

Same thing with Tenzen.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't know now, but Samurai/ranger with Sidewinder used to be the best DD for that battle.

Bomb have 8000hp iirc, you just need to get 4 DD job, and you should be fine

Have samurai meditate twice before the fight and wait for another meditate to be ready (no need to rush in) He should be able to pull some nice dmg (2000dmg+). You can have him bring IW for even more dmg if needed

RDM can uses chainspell+fire for another ~2000dmg

Other good job are:
    -Blm (ancient --> aga --> nuke can usually do ~20000dmg)
    -Mnk (hundred fist, if he survives, he can do good dmg. Probably around 2k, but I forgot)
    -War/nin (probably the best "tank" here, since its the only one who has a chance to keep hate, no clue how much dmg, probably ~1500-2000)
    -Rng (IW --> Sidewinder --> hit --> barrage --> EES --> Sidewinder = ~2k)

Drk probably do okay with stun, and BW+SE+guillo.
    Thf, ninja, pld, bst are pretty bad. Brd, Whm, Smn are okay buffer (smn can't do much dmg with astral thought).
    Drg were bad back then, not sure now with their new 2 hours.

Anyway, you don't really need a particular setup here, just make sure you can deal ~8k-9k dmg total and you should be fine. It might be a good idea to have something to counter his 1000dmg AoE (healer, stun, people using ranged attack)

SAM/RNG kind of sucks for this now just because of the ranged nerf

The nerf didn't affect it that bad. I beat my snoll after the rng nerf, and the sam/rng in my group easily did 25-35% of all damage, didn't even have time to finish all 5 of his sidewinder before he died from hate.

Get good accuracy gear, you wont have much problem.

Banned.

BG Level

PLD makes a huge difference on this and are sooooo underestimated. If they used Invicible with a WS, they could hold it as you finish it off quick. I lost this a few times, hardest out of all the CoP missions for me, but I won it easily with a PLD.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

When i did it we went RNGx5 and a brd.... it died so fast
    This was before se broke rng/nin though ><

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiM@ster31
    The nerf didn't affect it that bad. I beat my snoll after the rng nerf, and the sam/rng in my group easily did 25-35% of all damage, didn't even have time to finish all 5 of his sidewinder before he died from hate.
    That was also the problem before the nerf. Without someone to heal you, you were pretty much dead after the 4th sidewinder. (700 dmg x4 if nothing missed)

Best thing is when the bomb use Berserk at the start, you can do 2000dmg sidewinder on Sam/war

PLD makes a huge difference on this and are sooooo underestimated. If they used Invicible with a WS, they could hold it as you finish it off quick. I lost this a few times, hardest out of all the CoP missions for me, but I won it easily with a PLD.

My last few attempt with PLD, they always lost hate after the 2nd sidewinder (5 sec in the battle). I would hardly call them useful for this one.

Banned.

BG Level

I've done it with a few sets up, I remember one with a RNG and PLD, and it worked out okay, the RNG didn't steal hate quickly at all. Maybe the PLD was pumping good DD gear or something, it was awhile ago.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    My last few attempt with PLD, they always lost hate after the 2nd sidewinder (5 sec in the battle). I would hardly call them useful for this one.
    had the same problum. thecn changed the plan. Had our #1 dd use a salt, while he built hate, effecivly erasing this time and letting the pld start with 15 sec of hate. this worked perfectly.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

or have him use invincible, now there's an idea.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    or have him use invincible, now there's an idea.
    Invincible+provoke+flash+shield bash doesnt do much when other is doing 20 times more dmg you.