+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quests!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quests!

I have a request. I'm a huge quest junky. I enjoy doing them, even tho they may seem tedious at times, but imo they give so much depth to the whole storyline of the game. More details to characters involved and surroudning environment that most of us seem to take for granted when it comes to HNMs and everything else.

My request is simple. Where can I find a complete and comprehensive list of ALL quests currently available in-game?

Btw I have close to 400+ quests finished and flagged Complete.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I thought I was the only one who was doing those retarded quest I quit the game at ~350, and still have like 10 left + all AF.

I had a site listing all quest, but I lost the link in the format. Mysterytour should have most of them though. They didnt miss many

Doesn't Alla have one :wink:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

alla has good writeups for quests that everyone does (RSE, limit, AF).

For almost anything else, it's kind of a hassle. All the best info is lost somwhere on a forum thread that's on page 120 of their mission/quest forum, or stuck in a flame/rate-down war in the comments section.

That and actually looking for quests to do on Alla is pure agony. Their 'by area' search is charitably described as clunky. It's just an unusable list.

If you can read/understand japanese at all you can use elemen's quest list, it's pretty decent. Here's their list for Windurst, for example:

http://www5.plala.or.jp/SQR/ff11/quest/win/index.html

This is where mysterytour gets/translates it's information, so if you're used to mysterytour you can probably puzzle out what's going on on elemen's site.

Failing that, somepage's listings are pretty good, but they don't give you much of a walkthrough, as much as a starting NPC and reward. If you're the type who likes figuring quests out on your own somepage's list is a good place.

http://ffxi.somepage.com/questdb/

As far as a comprehensive, didn't-miss-a-thing encyclopedia of FFXI quests, I don't think one exists on .jp or .na sides of the web.

I got a quest for you... stfu and buy another round! :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Somepage is a good organizational resource for this, because all the quests are in a nicely ordered list. Unforunately, they don't update the quest list very often (Waking Dreams still isn't listed) and have scant information about how to complete many of the early quests. Last time I checked, they listed 423 quests, missing probably 10 or so new ones.

Alla-k is usually good for getting walkthroughs, but there's a lot of crap to wade through. Try reading their walkthrough for "Curses... Foiled A-Golem!?" for example.. what a clusterfuck summary.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, while sompage does list most of the available quests, their discription of quests is limited at best, in some cases very lacking. Information like starting NPC and zone is missing in some.

Alla on the other hand, which I rarely if ever visit for quest info, is very disorganized and makes my brain hurt when I try to make any sense of it.

KI is just plain garbage and a poor copy and paste off of Mystery Tour in some cases, while mystery tour itself is not up to date. (one example being; Tavnazia quests)

Thanks for the link to Elemen, unfortunatly I can't read Japanese. One other option which I'm gonna look into is FFXIclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    I got a quest for you... stfu and buy another round! :D
    Only when you learn how to hold your liquer, son.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Only when you learn how to hold your liquer, son.
    Whoa whoa whoa... who got bombed and I went home sober???

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I know this doesn't relate to your question (sorry; but I was wondering where you do the TAU quest with the 20 people/city thing...you seem like "THe Quest Guy to Ask" and I don't remember which topic the original post was on. Have you done this quest? :\

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quicklet beat me to it. All you need to know is in that thread.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Thanks alot! ^^

That quest is so horrible to do for the expac eager ffxi player

Really horrible letting you in on cool shit like your gonna be a hired gun and then you can't go bust shit up :/

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance
    ...letting you in on cool shit like your gonna be a hired gun and then you can't go bust shit up yet :/

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Kinda off topic, but can someone direct me to the thread with the link to all the quests in FFXI ?? I can't find it. Thanx!

Old Merits
    BG Level

lol@nynja

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Kinda off topic, but can someone direct me to the thread with the link to all the quests in FFXI ?? I can't find it. Thanx!
    Sure thing nucca. Here you go. Click this. Good luck trying to desipher their order tho.

Your comeback's lack wit. :wink:

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Sure thing nucca. Here you go. Click this. Good luck trying to desipher their order tho.

Your comeback's lack wit. :wink:
    My comeback wasnt a comeback, let alone directed at you at all.

By the way, I asked for the thread, not some wikipedia shit. Do I look like someone who wants to decipher stuff ?!?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You mean an actual list which you can use to check off what you have done? No such thing. I had to create my own by copy/pasting into MS Word.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You mean an actual list which you can use to check off what you have done? No such thing. I had to create my own by copy/pasting into MS Word.
    Eternus understood my post, but it went right over your head lol.