Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ultima/Omega Battle Time     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ultima/Omega Battle Time

Well guys all your advice really helped me with the Snoll fight and we downed him as WAR/SAM, RDM , RDM, BLM, SAM/RNG, SMN on iceday even. Since your advice helped so much I decided to call upon it again. Can anyone give me any warnings/advice/important details on this Omega fight?

PLD tank = lose.

All melee should sub /NIN.

WHM is nice to have.

That's the stuff that came to me right away. It's been a long time since I have done the battle.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

NIN+BRD

Sending you a PM about the fight.

NIN main tank only.
    WHM is a must have. RDM, BLM, SMN or BRD each help alot depending on your strategy.
    All melee /NIN.

Every (even mages) buy a RR Item (with several charges, not the CP RR item) and CCB Polymere.

For the Mamets, NIN pull the center one (the four others will link), and every melees /assist him, switch target if they go in Regen mode. Silence them if they change job to BLM.

For the rest of the battle, read PM, need alot of luck 8)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

1- Find a ninja if it's possible. You can do it with PLD, but it's much harder (I know many pld will come here crying they beat it easily as pld, but it's not true compared to nin)

2- Find a WHM. Monster will constantly slow II you and petrify you. Spring Water could help, but I dont recommand doing it without whm

Mammet
    Mammet fight is easy. Just have your tank run in and aggro all 5 mammet (he can start fighting one, but he must not grab hate on other). Your mage can spam cure him, while the rest of the party pick them off one by one

Omega
    Personally, I think it's the hardest part of the battle. It will be important to have only melee with /nin around him, or they will get raped by AoE (if there utsu is down, they make want to take a few step back until it's up). Have mage on their toes to keep the tank alive and dispell the status on him.
    Around 35% and less, he will go in frenzy mob. Its attack speed increase, its spam Tp move (and he can now use Pile something, a ThroatStab'ish move). That where you can use a CBB polymer to slow down his tp spam and cancel that hate reset/high dmg move.

Ultima
    It's like Ultima, except it spam annoying status the whole fight. Around 35%, it will also spam WS and Equalizer (400-1100 dmg to everyone, blinkable). Having 2 CBB polymer for to finish it would be a good idea

3-Make sure mage stay away from the mob from the whole fight.
    4- Bring reraise item because they dont heal their HP when you wipe. However, make sure to die near entrance point or you will aggro them back.
    5- Bring IW and save your 2 hour for the last few second. Mage will need refresh potion and a few ether.

This BC is probably the hardest, especially with a new party. Don't expect an easy win no matter what.

Last advice I can give you is to make a test run before trying it for real. Save your potion and 2 hour for the 2nd time, just to get a feel of the fight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

hard with paladan, simply because your on a time limit, and paladan does not contribute to damage like ninja does.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I wiped twice at 1% on Ultima with PLD in the party when I was helping people get to sea. It was my only attempt with PLD, but it was really frustrating. I remember zombie'ing Ultima on the 2nd attempt from 3% to 1% before I got kicked. Never been so pissed in FFXI

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I beat it with a pld...

and it wasnt RNG RNG RNG PLD SMN SMN

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I beat it with a pld...

and it wasnt RNG RNG RNG PLD SMN SMN
    No one said it wasn't doable with PLD.

Mammets are super easy if you just have the NIN kite 3 of them while the other melee take down the other 2. Then each time one dies, take 1 from the NIN until 1 is left.

pld = X = BS

beat this many times with pld/war tank with multiple setups too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

For the easiest time get these 4 jobs

NIN RDM WHM BRD

The other 2 can be any random DD. I did it with those 4 plus a THF and a RNG. THF built TP using bolts because AoE is harsh.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it's possible with pld, it's just hard for the reason I stated, it's not a damge taken problum it's a damage given one. You just don't take down omega as fast with a pld.

I had 2 NIN, 2 BLM, 1 RDM, 1 WHM. Really simple. 1 NIN kited all the Mammets while we took em down one by one. Omega was easy and at 20% we used a pump so it wouldn't do the magic immune ability. Ultima was equally as easy

PLD tank is possible and seems like it's just a bit more with items and such

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

PLD tank is great in this BC to back up a NIN tank when shadows are down and/or they're slowed.

I won this as PLD, my party setup was NIN PLD WHM RDM DRK BLM, we broke the record and had no deaths. I voked once every other time or so.

Bascially yeah.. PLD tank is bad, it's very possible, but it's in no way a good idea to use.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If you use smn, don't BP during mammets. It fucks up supertank and pulls hate for some reason. After the smn is dead though, they will go back to the nin.

Omega- Has some pulse(or some shit move) goes through shadows(300-500dmg?). Magic missles take 2-3 shadows. Has some Ion move that is para through shadows, and at low % will start spamming pile pitch(throat stab, don't think you can turn and run though) CCB this asap. Normally I would call for one of the DoT jobs to 2hr @ first CCB use(War, Mnk, etc). Also, make sure no one is behind him, he'll use a petrify move if they pull hate.

Ultima- Wire cutter is 1-3 shadows AoE, has a lot of nasty fan attacks(petri/para/poison), chemical bomb is slow + elegy and will fuck up your nin's timers(bring a wind staff for long timer resets-it helps), has some -resist move, no biggie there. Low % he start spamming some 1k needles move I think, and a direct dmg antimatter moveCCB these. You'll probably wipe with 5-10% left, get up and 2hr him to death after another CCB.

Bring RR and stay up north, mages on one side, melee on the other.

Nin, Whm, Brd, Rdm, and 2 DD like dezz said, this bc is pretty easy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I forgot to add Ultima has a move he use at ~10% that cancel any magic. It last like 30 sec, but can be lethal if you are counting on magic DD to finish it off.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Did this as a PLD.

NIN tank does shine here i agree. But a PLD can do just as well. The key is he has to be self-sufficient. He has to be able to help keep himself alive with meds and such so he isnt such a huge strain on the rest of the PT.

In fact, if you have a self-sufficient PLD in this fight he can really shine. Hate control can be a huge thing and a PLDs ability to grab Ultima/Omega quickly is a nice thing to have.

Make sure your mages look up all the abilities and are familiar with the moves/status effects f possible. Any melee, like mentioned in the other posts, should be /nin or self sufficent. Any form of ranged damage ftw here as well.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    PLD tank is great in this BC to back up a NIN tank when shadows are down and/or they're slowed.

I won this as PLD, my party setup was NIN PLD WHM RDM DRK BLM, we broke the record and had no deaths. I voked once every other time or so.

Bascially yeah.. PLD tank is bad, it's very possible, but it's in no way a good idea to use.
    can't say I ever tried/considered it without the PLD tanking, if I had to guess, did you do a DD setup and macro in AF when you had to voke?

EDIT: Dead serious I'm honestly interested.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Straight Tank gear, evasion gear for mammets and Omega. Omega's acc sucks bad lol. I even borrowed a SH+1 for the fight.

As for Ultima, He has pretty rough moves and this is where most of my meds were burnt off to stay alive