+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

The problem is that Square has a proven track record of leaving bugged encounters unfixed for long periods of time. Remember when Steam Cleaner stopped popping for a few months? Remember when Jailer of Love was nigh unkillable?

When you're challenged, that's fine. That's great. But when you're unsure whether the brick wall you're running into is a challenge or a glitch in the game, it sucks all the fun out of trying. When ToAU is released and we get some new mega boss mob to fight that wipes the floor with everyone, will your first reaction be "This will be a test of our skills!" or "This is probably just bugged, screw it"?

The seeds of doubt have already been sown.

</rant>

Banned.

BG Level

When AV pops, a LS should try all means of weakening it. Like have another group of people pop Jailer of Justice or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    When AV pops, a LS should try all means of weakening it. Like have another group of people pop Jailer of Justice or something.
    While a group of dragoons from allakhazam go rally up at the ebon panels?

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

How many times have you made that suggestion now? Five? Six?

Stop post farming Mr. 9.5 posts per day.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega
    How many times have you made that suggestion now? Five? Six?

Stop post farming Mr. 9.5 posts per day.
    Reminds me of the guy who was all about EBON PANELS

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If people are fight JOL atm, if anyone is there can you do me a favor?

Try trading with AV.

It's obvious you can't trade with monsters, but try to see if you can trade him... I have a theory I want to test, and Carbuncle isn't fighting JOL for another 2 weeks at least.

Let me know, thanks.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    If people are fight JOL atm, if anyone is there can you do me a favor?

Try trading with AV.

It's obvious you can't trade with monsters, but try to see if you can trade him... I have a theory I want to test, and Carbuncle isn't fighting JOL for another 2 weeks at least.

Let me know, thanks.
    No.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

have you tried though?

Ya know, I've found the majority of FFXI players aren't funny. Whether it's Geosync killing Kuno cards or just random people laughing hard at corny shit, it just seems like the sense of humor in your average nerd isn't that great.

That said, that post by Pergo there made me laugh really, really fucking hard. If it's a joke that's awesomely great timing and delivery.

If it's not may God have mercy on your soul.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm almost at 1000 ;o.

Millenium on Caitsith is fighting JoL as we speak. 60% atm. But if i asked them to trade something to AV if it popped...I'd never be looked upon the same again...

And to add, since when does JoL not melee at all? I've never seen it killed post-nerf but...it's doing nothing but casting and getting a tan in the process....

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower
    And to add, since when does JoL not melee at all? I've never seen it killed post-nerf but...it's doing nothing but casting and getting a tan in the process....
    Its been like that, if you stand on its outer "rings" of its hood, it'll just cast spells at you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'd actually be laughing at the people who kept it up for 28hours without trying anything really constructive.... I mean yeah congrats they kept it out awhile and got it to 50%.... by nuking through a wall, that's obviously not the way to kill it. You can criticize me and "laugh" for my theory, but unless you have something better, then I believe I'm at least a step ahead of you.

Being on these forums for several months, I've followed all the AV trials and pops and I can't recall people trying to trade it, or reporting trying to trade it... chances are you can't.

What people aren't looking at is the fact that the jailer weapons are the obvious answer to "defeating" this NM... I was gonna give me reasons later on but I'll go ahead and do that now, laugh if you can't think of anything else better to suggest:

When AV pops he asks you to "teach him", asks for you to "show him" "why have you come this far" "what do you wish to achieve/learn".

Okay, well. AV has 7 "drops". The 7 sins, if you look at the names of the sins, they're obvious counter-parts to the 7 Virtues/Jailers. (ie. Sin of Intemperance is the opposite of Temperance).

Last Saturday, when the Dev Panel was asked "Did you really kill AV?", their response was "uhhhhh" and they laughed. Most people took this as maybe they never actually killed him, let alone not with 18 people. As much as you guys think the Dev Panel is stupid and don't know what's going on in their own game... do you really think they made a mob and never tested it out.. left it there knowing that you can't do anything to it? I'd say no... I believe their response hints at the fact that they never "Killed" AV because perhaps you don't kill him.

He's pretty darn impossible, 2hrs... spells. auto-regen. Maybe the people last week triggered something... maybe his stopping 2hrs was only a glitch.

Absolute Virtue is a philosophical theory of God and the knowledge and power of the 7 virtues. AV says he has lost those virtues when he pops. The "Jailer" NMs are the reason. (ex, Jailer of Love is keeping the Virtue of Love locked away). AV wants you to show him and teach him what he has lost... By returning him his virtues, he's complete again and he'll release his sins. Coincidentally, the Jailer weapons are 100% drop.

Okay, putting all this together... AV doesn't aggro, he sits for 5 min... maybe if you trade him a jailer weapon/torque/both maybe he'll release his sin. This would also explain why he doesn't pop 100% of the time, maybe perhaps you only get the chance to trade sometimes.

What's wrong with my theory:::
    - You can't trade with monsters, although monsters are NPCs and the way the game is developed, you can trade with all npcs, but monsters have their trade disabled. Perhaps AV has trade enabled... it's not too unbelievable.

- If you can trade... does that mean anyone watching can come up and trade their items too and leech your AV? We'll have to see.

Anyways, to conclude, I think AV is unkillable, perhaps you trade to receive your rewards. In the event you can't trade him, I'm pretty confident that this theory is still mostly correct. And perhaps the next people that attempt him for 28hours focus more on unlocking the mystery of the jailer weapons rather than manaburning.

PS: So if AV pops again tonight, can someone try seeing if you're able to trade him? Thanks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Being on these forums for several months, I've followed all the AV trials and pops and I can't recall people trying to trade it, or reporting trying to trade it... chances are you can't.
    If you've truly been following all the AV threads, you'd know you can't. It was even stated in the most recent one.

Your theory is good, and despite all the jokes I think jailer weapons may very well play a part in weakening AV- I mean the 100% weapon drops from sky gods have their use right- and certainly people should try weakening him from here on out instead of trying to zerg him, but...

PEOPLE HAVE TRIED TO TRADE HIM AND POSTED ABOUT IT ABOUT 80,000 TIMES!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I don't doubt somene has tried trading, before posting i went back and read the AV threads and.... please forgive me If i missed something while sifting through 82pages of shit

blah blah blah

What's wrong with my theory:::
    - You can't trade with monsters

You cant trade AV, it was tried.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chambers
    I mean the 100% weapon drops from sky gods have their use right
    is this sarcastic? lol

They don't? Maybe I should go pop Genbu real quick and figure out exactly what it is people do to get rid of his en-water.