Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

GM-proof farm-bots. Any on your server?

On Diabolos server I see one (Piru) at H-5 in boyadha tree. It looks like a bought char, has lots of rare ex 75 thf gear but is about 24/7 in that one spot H-5.

Clearly a farm-bot, uses drain bolts to pull, engage, and recast utsusemi from time to time, each time turning south, north, and east in the same sequence. It farms the 2-4 spiders that pop around that corner, for spider webs. If spiders are just outside his bolts range, he will not move an inch to pull them. A few times it runs out of drain bolts and the bot behavior is even more clear, he will engage a spider out of range but in range of drain bolts, stay engaged even if another person claims it, and then do the same realigning turns (south, north, east), and won't disengage until mob is dead, then /heal for about 10-15min (a bit less than the repop time) if his health is low right after that mob is dead.

I call GMs about it a few times, he is totally unresponsive even while recasting utsusemi in fight, I suggested the GMs simply show up in front of him in full GM gear instead of just sending him a tell, because I am sure a bot that complex has an alarm response to /tells that sound some alarm in gilseller sweatshop central

Needless to say after 4 weeks of "we will investigate" he's still using the same program. Any GM call about him now gets me just an automated response "we will investigate", so it sounds like it's basically GM-proof.

While this farm-bot is only getting 2-4 spiders every 15min, over 24/7 every hour of every day it adds up, and you all know where that gil is going.

It concerns me a bit because this really looks like a new wave of fully automated gilseller bots, if someone took the time to write that program they are probably using it on all servers, same spot H-5 in boyadha and who knows in how many other spots...

If you are in diabolos, you can /sea all piru and go watch the bot in action, if you are on other servers, please let me know if you see one there on your servers too.

I really wish GMs were doing their job

It would be a shame if someone accidentally fought something that aoes next to it repeatedly.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

zone aquarius on him

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I love the new sig, Wafik. It reminds me of Aery a few days ago. Yay Judah.

And it's entirely useless to even call a GM these days. You should have realized by now that GMs are utterly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    zone aquarius on him

i noticed there were some fish bots in LoO that you had to use those movement tools to get to, they were out of aoe range when i tried getting things to mpk them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    i noticed there were some fish bots in LoO that you had to use those movement tools to get to, they were out of aoe range when i tried getting things to mpk them with.
    I've seen those on Quetz server too. Constantly farming Corals.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Anyone know if there is any way to go to the south part of Jugner forest where the river is. I remember seeing a fisher on the other side, and I spent 15minutes trying to get to him without any success. I didnt even know about hack back then, i just assumed it was an airship type of glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia

Anyone know if there is any way to go to the south part of Jugner forest where the river is. I remember seeing a fisher on the other side, and I spent 15minutes trying to get to him without any success. I didnt even know about hack back then, i just assumed it was an airship type of glitch
    theres still a bunch of ppl in Yuhottt grotto or whatever, i used to love to kill fishbots but thanks SE for making it nearly impossible to do

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    And it's entirely useless to even call a GM these days. You should have realized by now that GMs are utterly retarded.
    I understand what you're saying, but I would feel if I didn't even try it would be even worse or GMs could say "hey nobody complained about them so of course we didn't do anything about it".
    I imagine if they get bothered by enough reports about the same farm-bots or fish-bots, they might do something about it.

I could use aquarius but I don't want to have to mpk bots and do the GMs' job for them, plus I don't want to risk hurting others with aquarius, sure they can just zone out since they are not afk like the bots, but some ppl (often me included) go there with their NPCs and if they zone out they'd lose it

I think these bots are everyone's problem we should try to be more active about it and make repeated reports every time we see one, GMs having so many unresolved calls might have to start doing something about it.. beats just complaining about it to your friends but not doing anything to help i guess, but yeah i feel kinda helpless and really annoyed by GM's incompetence and negligence..

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    I understand what you're saying, but I would feel if I didn't even try it would be even worse or GMs could say "hey nobody complained about them so of course we didn't do anything about it".
    I imagine if they get bothered by enough reports about the same farm-bots or fish-bots, they might do something about it.

I could use aquarius but I don't want to have to mpk bots and do the GMs' job for them, plus I don't want to risk hurting others with aquarius, sure they can just zone out since they are not afk like the bots, but some ppl (often me included) go there with their NPCs and if they zone out they'd lose it

I think these bots are everyone's problem we should try to be more active about it and make repeated reports every time we see one, GMs having so many unresolved calls might have to start doing something about it.. beats just complaining about it to your friends but not doing anything to help i guess, but yeah i feel kinda helpless and really annoyed by GM's incompetence and negligence..
    It will eventually pay off. There was a group of mining bots in Gusgen Mines a few months back on Ragnarok. I was in there doing RSE (I think?) and I noticed this guy would never move. I sent him a few tells asking if he was a bot, but I never got a reply from him. I reported him and talked to the GM about it. He said he'd investigate, and to this day, I haven't seen the bots there since.

I guess it just depends on the GM that responds. ;P

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I think the problem is that some 'better' bots have some code that rings an alarm if they receive a tell or if that tell starts with [GM]. So the GM will send them a tell, if they don't reply within a certain amount of time and they do other actions like more or fish or cast a spell, then they can get booted or sent to GM jail. But if the alarm sounds and someone moves in front of the computer and answers the tell, then probably the GMs ignore the whole situation.

Having said that, I did report some gilseller family called Xable- (xablethf xablemnk, etc) on my server a few times, and these actually all got banned at some point later, but I think it was a part of a larger ban for using some special software and not necessarily because of GM calls like mine

Still, I think if you see a fishbot or farmbot like this Piru at H-5, you should report it anyways, these are everyone's problems and GMs need to be bothered as often as possible about it as we are.

As lame as it is, if the bot is GM proof in the way that it alerts someone to respond but someone is always there to respond then technically it's not an illegal bot under SE's current policy. The guy is attending, in the smallest way possible but attending nevertheless. This is probably why they do nothing about him, it's really lame but a lot of games will allow macro play as long as someone is there to respond when questioned. Not that I have ever agree'd with that.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

If he/she took the time to write up such a complex program I think they deserve to farm all the webs they want. For one, you don't know that they're a gilseller or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    If he/she took the time to write up such a complex program I think they deserve to farm all the webs they want. For one, you don't know that they're a gilseller or not.
    Of course not. They must be botting to save up gil for a kraken club. Just months upon months of endless botting in the same area doing the same actions to get the dream item.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    The reason why i say he is a gilseller is that I always see him just doing that, I have never seen that char anywhere else or doing anything else. Why would they just accumulate gil and never actually play the game week after week? Even if they were saving for some item they wanted, they would still want to actually play the game from time to time, wouldn't you say? I think it's pretty obvious their goal is gilselling.

It's good they can code something complex, but they could spend time coding something productive and useful to others instead of something that's a leech on everyone's resources.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by DDowzer
    zone aquarius on him

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath
    Quote Originally Posted by DDowzer
    zone aquarius on him

...All I can say is it took how long for SE to ban accounts totalling 30 billion after Christmas inflation?

/em uses her crystal ball to tell the future "the GMs will take action again in 9 months after Christmas! Until then they need the farmers and botters to make another 30 billion in gil"

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

gm botters relationship

yea i've seen supposed botters in TBtree & LoO farming spiders or fishing. When telling GM's about my concern they either ask "What program is the suspected botter using?" as if I know... Once I had a GM say they will "run a report" on the character in question.

In LoO i noticed that for 1/2 the day its one bot at a pond then another comes to replace them.

Idk how sales of the game are going but it is good timing to ban a bunch of gilsellers accounts & get news coverage on it. Gives a sense of newfound security in the game for newcommers. Just what some consumers may consider before purchasing a mmorpg + new expansion on xbox360 even. I'd guess that if the game continues to be playable on the ps3 then we may see another mass "gillseller" account banning; reinstilling hope for a fair gaming environment in prospective purchasers.