Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

AF1+1 and Requesting Artifacts

Yes. I searched, I searched for an hour. (Trust me, I'm aware of what gets flamed here and what doesn't, I wouldn't post unless I was desperate and had exhausted all other means) I somewhat recall this being discussed earlier, and I was involved in the discussion, but I don't remember this particular situation. So here's my problem.

I upgraded THF hands awhile ago, erased my memory, requested AF1 Dagger, flagged AF2 Head Quest (never finished it), flagged and finished AF1 Hand Quest.

I just recently got NIN pieces, so I upgraded NIN Feet (sorry I don't flee tool like most, I need em) erased my memory, tossed AF1 Katanas, requested them, flagged AF2 Legs (didnt finish quest) and talked to Guslam. Basically I need to ~FLAG~ AF Gloves for NIN in order to do the coffer in SSG and get my NIN Feet back. Unfortunately he won't let me start up a new quest for some reason, he's still giving me the text congratulating me that I finished THF Gloves, and that he's glad he had a chance to see the hands.

Summary: THF AF2 Head Flagged (not completed), NIN AF2 Legs Flagged (not completed). Basically what do I need to do to get him to give me NIN AF Hands quest from Guslam? What am I missing? I'm usually pretty good about knowing how quests trigger eachother but Im pretty stumped.
    Note: THF AF2 Head quest is a PAIN...otherwise I wouldnt be asking this question, I'd just do it. I think I'd shoot myself if I had to do it again, and learned it wasn't necessary. Any help?

E. Body
    BG Level

Heres a nice fact for you people who just started playing:

You don't need the AF hand quest flagged nor completed to be able to open AF coffers. You only need to have flagged or completed AF2 quest.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Heres a nice fact for you people who just started playing:

You don't need the AF hand quest flagged nor completed to be able to open AF coffers. You only need to have flagged or completed AF2 quest.

Enjoy.
    That's what I thought...but I had EVERYONE telling me I needed hands flagged. Still doesnt answer my question as to WHY I cant start up NIN hands...but considering I don't need them...I'll head to SSG. Thanx.

E. Body
    BG Level

I'm pretty stumped too as to why you can't flag the gloves quest. Are you on Ninja main when you speak to him? (dumb question I know, but its the only thing I can come up with)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

"Lockecole" (15:00:44): WOW...Im feeling REALLY dumb right now
    "Lockecole" (15:00:50): its too fucking early
    BigRussta (15:01:07): lol?
    BigRussta (15:01:17): figured out what's wrong?
    "Lockecole" (15:01:40): I'll tell you in 5seconds...
    "Lockecole" (15:03:46): ...this whole time I thought I was on NIN
    BigRussta (15:04:11): ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I'm pretty stumped too as to why you can't flag the gloves quest. Are you on Ninja main when you speak to him? (dumb question I know, but its the only thing I can come up with)
    Apparently not as dumb a question as you think. This whole time I was on WAR wearing my NIN gear for some reason. (God gear, RSE etc) Fuck those two jobs for being able to wear the exact same shit. Well hope this helped anyone out there in spite of my huge embarrasment. Thanks Razz for helping.

EDIT: THANX RUSSTA! :D

He should have checked his own vana sig <_<

E. Body
    BG Level

lmfao, kill yourself :D

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    He should have checked his own vana sig <_<
    Actually I just noticed that I turned my Sig thing off, so its stuck at the current job, etc. Lemme turn it back on. (Notice last update)