FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marijuana Detection Time Shorter Than Previously Assumed

Columbia, MO: The length of time cannabis metabolites may be detected, on average, on a standard urine screen is typically no longer than ten days for chronic users and between 3-4 days for infrequent users, according to a literature review published in the current issue of the journal Drug Court Review.

"Recent scientific literature indicates that it is uncommon for occasional marijuana smokers to test positive for cannabinoid [metabolites] in urine for longer than seven days" at 20 ng/ml or above on the EMIT (Enzyme Multiplied Immunoassay Technique) test, the author concludes. "Following smoking cessation, chronic smokers would not be expected to remain positive for longer than 21 days, even when using the 20 ng/ml cannabinoid cutoff."

When tested at the 50 ng/ml cutoff threshold, infrequent users typically test negative for the presence of marijuana metabolites within 3-4 days, while heavy users typically test negative by ten days after ceasing use, the study found.

While several clinical trials from the 1980's found cannabis metabolites to be identifiable in the urine at low concentrations for longer periods of time, particularly in heavy users, the author suggests that more advanced drug-testing technology has narrowed this window of detection.

"As cannabinoid screening tests evolved, these improved assays became more selective in the manner in which they detected marijuana metabolites," the author writes. "As detection specificity increased, the length of time cannabinoids were being detected in urine decreased. ... Therefore, the results of cannabinoid elimination investigations performed in the 1980's may no longer be applicable to estimating the detection window for marijuana in urine using today¹s testing methodologies."

After reviewing data from more recent clinical investigations of chronic marijuana smokers, the author reports that the "average detection window for cannabinoids in urine at the lowest cutoff concentration of 20 ng/ml was just 14 days." However, the author also notes that a minority of subjects continue to test positive for cannabis metabolites after 28 days, even when tested by more advanced drug-testing technology.

Approximately 55 million drug screens are performed annually in the United States. The majority of these are workplace urinalysis tests, which detect the presence of drug metabolites (inert byproducts produced after a substance is metabolized by the body), but not the substance itself. Consequently, the US Department of Justice affirms that a positive drug test result for the presence of a drug metabolite "does not indicate ... recency, frequency, or amount of use; or impairment."

For more information, please contact Paul Armentano, NORML Senior Policy Analyst, at (202) 483-5500. Full text of the study, "The marijuana detection window: Determining the length of time cannabinoids will remain detectable in urine following smoking," is available online at: http://www.ncdi.org/ndcirpub.html

woot, too bad im not drug tested. no worries!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i get my bud from my boss, >.> so yeah lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i get my bud from my boss, >.> so yeah lol

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Smoking is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Smoking is bad.
    GOOGOGOGOGOG MEDIA!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm personally not a pot smoker, and I don't look down upon those that do it on somewhat of a regular basis. I *do* however look down upon those that have to depend on it in order to have a good time.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    I *do* however look down upon those that have to depend on it in order to have a good time.
    I wouldn't say I depend on it to have a good time... but that doesn't mean I don't spark it pretty much whenever I am

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

April 20th on the horizon.

The thing i love the most is listening to good ol' classic rock while tokin'.

Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendix, Doors, Led Zeppelin to name a few ^^;;

Finally a marijuana thread, so long overdue^^;;

Old Merits
    BG Level

lol 4/20 is when the FFXI expansion is released right?

My friend (who is sitting beside me right now) had a drug test for a city job scheduled one day after he had smoked up.

The entire day he drank gallons of water, took shots of vinegar and chased it with cranberry juice, and finished it off with a natural detox pill (the ingredients for the pill were weird has hell, it had stuff like powdered dandylion and beeswax)

He passed the test

Quote Originally Posted by Brendam
    Smoking is bad.
    GOOGOGOGOGOG MEDIA!
    I think the media actually projects the opposite image more often then not.

Yea, I love the aint-drug commercials. . . So Blown outta fucking everything... one where a girls skin is sittin on a couch and her sister sayin how thats all she does anymore... sit there after starting to smoke pot. . . SUP SCARE TACTICS

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

herb doesn't make me sit around all the time, it's this fucking FFXI that does it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yea, I love the aint-drug commercials. . . So Blown outta fucking everything... one where a girls skin is sittin on a couch and her sister sayin how thats all she does anymore... sit there after starting to smoke pot. . . SUP SCARE TACTICS
    lol "If your 12 years old and high on marijuana, don't ride your bike"

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    Smoking is bad.
    GOOGOGOGOGOG MEDIA!
    I think the media actually projects the opposite image more often then not.
    No way, the media definatly emphasizes the "danger" of smoking bud more then they emphasize the ups of it. Same with ciggarettes, the media makes them out to be super horrible things of doom that will kill you in 5 minutes. They're bad for you, just not as bad as they make them out to be (unless you smoke like 3 packs a day...)

That reminds me, why in Canada is it illigal to advertise smoking, yet perfectly legal to advertise mc donalds and other fast food restaraunts? Obesity is the second leading preventable cause of death, and that is undeniably caused by fast food. BAN MC DONALDS!

Im bored

Honestly... there are far more health risks then "ups" to smoking. Though I agree that the philosophies preached against drugs through programs like DARE and on TV are ineffective and heavily biased, their almost evangelistic approach comes from a certain degree of truth. I can think of few companies more corrupt than McDonalds, true, but if there is one it is certainly the tobacco industry (or the illegal drug trade).

The terrorist commericals piss me off the most. If you buy weed you support terrorism. Fucking BS way to put down pot.

This one too...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9c8lHCU ... h=cannabis

WTF pot DOES NOT make you do that.