Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Certain wyrms' resistance against sleep increased

In the last update notes, there was this part about:

"Certain wyrms' resistance against sleep has been increased. However, wyrms that appear in missions and story events will be unaffected by this change."

Our LS is planning on taking on Ouryu for the first time using the manaburn+sleep strategy. However I have not seen anything about Ouryu since this recent update. I was wondering if Ouryu gets sleep resist now?

Thanks in advance

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There is always a chance that he will resist a sleep but since it's a BC. I would not worry about it too much.

It's pretty gay that one of the hardest BC's can be manaburned lol.

I heard from friends that even Uncapped Ouryu isn't affected by the update, I haven't killed it myself yet though so, just wait for 2nd person to proove or disproove it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Our ls fought him after the update, and we only slept him I think once and as far as I know of, we had no problem with it. Think they were talking about them building up resistment to it more likely. But we always use ES sleep on wyrms, so not sure if they are talking about sleep without ES or not.
    Good luck^^ let us know how it goes, if you have a problem with sleeping or not. Been wondering myself if it just builds up resistment to sleep or not.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can Manaburn Ouryu?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    You can Manaburn Ouryu?

Well they haven't changed Jorm, Tiamat(lol), or Fafhogg. I've heard from others that Ouryu builds up a resistance to sleep eventually as you spam it on him. Probably like Bahamut BC, where the first couple stuns go off, but then he starts resisting all of them. So I wouldnt chance manaburning him.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    There is always a chance that he will resist a sleep but since it's a BC. I would not worry about it too much.

Ouryu isn't hard....

Sorry, I didn't mean having BLM only in the alliance. I meant using manaburn as using nukes as the only damage to Ouryu.

Was planning on ES sleep2 (while PLDs hold hate) > nuke when wake+flying > ES sleep2 after touchdown > repeat

Tank Tank WHM WHM RDM BRD
    BLM BLM BLM BLM RDM BRD
    BLM BLM RDM SCperson SCperson SCperson

You're welcome in advance.

Aero-based SCs only, Aero MBs

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigma

Ouryu isn't hard....

We've always gone with
    PLD PLD WHM WHM BRD RDM
    BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD RDM
    BLM BLM BLM BLM BRD RDM

and just let the blms spam Blizz/Aero spells.

I'm pretty sure Ouryu's sleep resistance has been raised. Usually a specified rdm will sleepga adds and it almost always hits Ouryu too. In the past, sleepga would land every, single time. When we went a couple days ago, it got resisted 100%.

Just be careful if you plan to manaburn. You better have lots of ES

no skillchain

complete new-school, unskilled setup

fail

Fastest time to date for my old LS was 34 minutes. Each skillchain was ~10-13% of its life. We did at least two every time it was on the ground and crazy shit didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    no skillchain

complete new-school, unskilled setup

fail

Fastest time to date for my old LS was 34 minutes. Each skillchain was ~10-13% of its life. We did at least two every time it was on the ground and crazy shit didn't happen.
    We manaburn everything. *shrug* Only tiime we ever use a SC is on Fafhogg & Aspid, but why does it matter if we do it differently as long as it works.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Summoners kill it really fast as well :3

Geno: You guys do MB only? or do you guys chainnuke during flight time too?

10-13% of its life each skillchain is quite impressive... (I'm assuming you're counting both the weapon skills and the MBs)

I'm pretty sure as was posted above that his sleep resist has been changed so that normal sleeps (non ES) don't land well anymore. Previously pretty much anyone with a sleep spell could knock him out cold. He requires ES to be slept now, but I've heard the Mission BC Ouryu is still sleepable without ES (as per the patch notes). Haven't heard anything on him building a resist to ES sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    That's interesting, I had an impression from the Japanese sites that bloodpacts do lame damage vs him...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru
    That's interesting, I had an impression from the Japanese sites that bloodpacts do lame damage vs him...
    Now we have Nether Blast.

Geno sides with Aero onry. My best experiences have all been with Blizzard onry, due to the higher elemental skill when casting it and higher base damage.

Suit yourself though! Either way works. SC+MB is sexier, but if you can just nuke it constantly through the whole fight, then A+. In the end, if you win, you win. Getting it done more efficiently is only really offensive to those who have hubris-based attachments to their inefficient strats.

Curious to know how it goes.
    Also, based on the comments from others in this thread...did they not really change the sleep resistance of Tiamat and Jorm? Are there really LSes out there that just manaburn them?