+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Tetris and Metroid DS.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Xavier

Its why I'm supporting Nintendo this upcoming generation.

I DO NOT WANT MORE OF THE SAME. Innovation, not repetition with better graphics please.

I'm so sick of playing identical games whos only improvement is a higher framerate or resolution. Graphics are not the most important thing to me. I still value a game like Tetris on my cellphone over 90% of anything the past 5 years has produced.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier

I DO NOT WANT MORE OF THE SAME. Innovation, not repetition with better graphics please.

I'm so sick of playing identical games whos only improvement is a higher framerate or resolution. Graphics are not the most important thing to me. I still value a game like Tetris on my cellphone over 90% of anything the past 5 years has produced.
    YES YES YES I have been saying this so damn much to people, please, keep talking, I'm almost cumming here. Its hard to tell people who buy 360s for same games with enhanced graphics that there are whole new ideas for games that have been unexplored thanks to lack of a suitable interface. For some reason it gets beyond people that changing the most direct part of gaming, the thing you truly interact with, can change things completely.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    Why don't you like the DS? I can't see a reason to not like it unless you happen to just hate great games.
    DS haters usually cite the fact that its 'gimmicky' (which all of gaming is really) and 'technically inferior.' DS is changing the face of gaming (well at least in Japan, possibly here in the future) with market expanding products such as Brain Training and brand new games such as Nintendogs or Pheonix Wright where PSP is all adaptations and 'the same but smaller and somewhat new' games (see: Daxter and GTA:LCS.) Metroid prime: hunters may be a FPS, which I find to be part of the most annoying current gaming fad (FPS dominance in the consoles and especially the PC) but it also brings a new interface, new feeling, alt forms, and more to be a new game. Tetris DS is kind of a lame concept (its the same but with more + Nintendogasms) but is pure fun.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Why don't you like the DS? I can't see a reason to not like it unless you happen to just hate great games.
    DS haters usually cite the fact that its 'gimmicky' (which all of gaming is really) and 'technically inferior.' DS is changing the face of gaming (well at least in Japan, possibly here in the future) with market expanding products such as Brain Training and brand new games such as Nintendogs or Pheonix Wright where PSP is all adaptations and 'the same but smaller and somewhat new' games (see: Daxter and GTA:LCS.) Metroid prime: hunters may be a FPS, which I find to be part of the most annoying current gaming fad (FPS dominance in the consoles and especially the PC) but it also brings a new interface, new feeling, alt forms, and more to be a new game. Tetris DS is kind of a lame concept (its the same but with more + Nintendogasms) but is pure fun.
    Brain Training? That sounds kewl link prz.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Brain Training? That sounds kewl link prz.
    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931667.asp

Check out the previews... its interesting because its sort of not a game. It sold the DS to middle agers who want to keep their mind fit in a fun way, thus expanding the market greatly and destroying sales records... The DS Lite's 2nd Color release had people camping overnight... For a system rerelease's rerelease...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

The saddest thing about the PSP is that all of the people I've talked with just hack it and put a SNES emulator on it.
    Man, the only reason I wanted a PSP was to do just that and play Secret of Mana on the move. What a reason to buy such a kick ass piece of kit, huh?

DS is the most fun console EVER and Wario Ware touched is one of the most fun games I have ever played, it's great for NM windows!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    The saddest thing about the PSP is that all of the people I've talked with just hack it and put a SNES emulator on it.
    Man, the only reason I wanted a PSP was to do just that and play Secret of Mana on the move. What a reason to buy such a kick ass piece of kit, huh?

DS is the most fun console EVER and Wario Ware touched is one of the most fun games I have ever played, it's great for NM windows!
    Lawls
    http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/
    Oh and Seiken Densetsu 3 > SoM

Banned.

BG Level

Advance Wars DS is the best RTS game released since Starcraft imo.

Right now the only videogame on my mind is Earthbound 2(Mother 3). Well, I guess Twin Princess and FFXIII are too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I fucking hate you all because Im going to buy a DS soon

I'll wait till the Lite version is out in AU first, so the prices can plummet ^_^

edit : changed my mind, the prices of DS games are 60-80 AUD? wtf? lol DS can eat poo untill the games are standard GBA prices of 30-50 AUD.
    In America at least, most GBA and DS games cost the same price. I've never really seen a DS game cost more than $40 american, most coming in at $29.99-35.00.

Even then, its a bit unrealistic to ask for new "N64" quality games to be priced at basically "SNES" quality games from the DS to GBA. They cost more money to make.
    according to XE.com, 40USD = 55 AUD, I wouldnt mind paying that for a DS game.

However the prices of DS games here are 60-80 AUD (43 - 57 USD) , and considering the price of new games in Australia for consoles are 99 AUD (71 USD), we get ripped off as it is, im not going to pay to get re-ripped off.

Prices like these and nintendo are surprised there is high piracy going on?

DS looks nice, I dont care what others want, I buy games for myself, I dont mind the stick, but I do mind the prices.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    However the prices of DS games here are 60-80 AUD (43 - 57 USD) , and considering the price of new games in Australia for consoles are 99 AUD (71 USD), we get ripped off as it is, im not going to pay to get re-ripped off.

Prices like these and nintendo are surprised there is high piracy going on?
    I paid a lot for a JP/US modded Gamecube back when they were first released for these very reasons. Resident Evil 4 cost me £28 ($49US, $68AU) when it was released in America with free shipping to England and I had it completed a full five months before it was released here for £45 ($78US, $109 AU). Certain parts of this world take it up the ass for no good reason when it comes to gaming.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Would've been nice if more people thought this in regards to Sega a few years back. Both for Saturn and Dreamcast generations, games like Nights, Burning Rangers, the VF series, JSR, etc. paved the way for a lot of the stuff that ended up on Sony systems a year later with higher sales. On the bright side, Tetsuya Mitzuguchi now gets to make games for more systems (Meteos for DS, and Lumines for PSP most recently)

Banned.

BG Level

I supported Dreamcast. My favorite console of all time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Viq

Would've been nice if more people thought this in regards to Sega a few years back. Both for Saturn and Dreamcast generations, games like Nights, Burning Rangers, the VF series, JSR, etc. paved the way for a lot of the stuff that ended up on Sony systems a year later with higher sales. On the bright side, Tetsuya Mitzuguchi now gets to make games for more systems (Meteos for DS, and Lumines for PSP most recently)
    Um no. Dreamcast wasn't really a whole new concept, new games yes, but not a new concept, not to mention the whole deal was done stupidly. You can't sell consoles at a loss when you are already struggling

Oh and Nintendo is not struggling at all, they profit on literally everything they sell (and still keep prices down )

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Never said the DC itself was a new concept. Just that Sega took chances on games. You weren't seeing games like Bangai-o, PSO, and online fighters more stable than they were on Xbox coming out on PlayStation at the time. Sony wouldn't have given games like Rez a chance, or Kaze no Rigureto. There's really no way you can possibly argue that Sony's line-up of Crash Bandicoot, Madden, Tony Hawk, and Vib Ribbon matched what Sega was willing to do (VR being the only decent game in the bunch.)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Never said the DC itself was a new concept. Just that Sega took chances on games. You weren't seeing games like Bangai-o, PSO, and online fighters more stable than they were on Xbox coming out on PlayStation at the time. Sony wouldn't have given games like Rez a chance, or Kaze no Rigureto. There's really no way you can possibly argue that Sony's line-up of Crash Bandicoot, Madden, Tony Hawk, and Vib Ribbon matched what Sega was willing to do (VR being the only decent game in the bunch.)
    Dude, Tony Hawk rocked... its just now been done to death. But back in the day it was freakin revolutionary. Dreamcast had a lot of good games but what failed was Sega's financial planning. Another example of retarded financial moves would be the XBox, but with only 1 good game for a long time and more money then god to fall back on. That thing lost MS so much money...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Another example of retarded financial moves would be the XBox, but with only 1 good game for a long time and more money then god to fall back on. That thing lost MS so much money...
    What's the price of a foot-hold in the market they so desperately wanted to break though?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Another example of retarded financial moves would be the XBox, but with only 1 good game for a long time and more money then god to fall back on. That thing lost MS so much money...
    What's the price of a foot-hold in the market they so desperately wanted to break though?
    Brilliance or around 8 billion dollars

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Not everything has to be financial. Madden sells something like a zillion copies a year, doesn't mean it's worth playing. Xbox had some great games, like Otogi and Phantom Crash. Just because you never played them doesn't mean they weren't worth playing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not everything has to be financial. Madden sells something like a zillion copies a year, doesn't mean it's worth playing. Xbox had some great games, like Otogi and Phantom Crash. Just because you never played them doesn't mean they weren't worth playing.
    Obviously. I can name many games that didn't sell to their awesomeness. The reason sega went under however was they lost so much money on so many failed attempts, that was my point. When it comes to keeping a company in business, money is the only thing that matters.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Thanks for proving my original point. Had people supported Sega for making amazing, original games back then like they're doing now for Nintendo, then it wouldn't have been such a bad situation for them.