FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Tetris and Metroid DS.

Tetris: 580055-760000
    Metroid: 2577-6558-8025

Both awesome games.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Metroid is odd to play , Is it out in the US now retail? i've had it 5 days and there was no one online when i tried it. Tetris is still good i spent over 10 hours playing it so far -_-

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I wanna buy a DS but im too scared to, because I heared that Nintendo were releasing another handheld to counter the PSP's audience and like wtf I dont wanna buy a Handheld just so it can be replaced within moments.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

http://WWW.SUPERCARD.CN

The REASON to own a DS and its an amazing machine they won't replace it, it outsells the PSP 10/1

Forum Donator
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    The REASON to own a DS and its an amazing machine they won't replace it, it outsells the PSP 10/1

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Go away fanboy.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfridays
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilanth
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    Go away fanboy.
    it does though, I own both, my psp collects dust
    sorry, cant get excited about a system that only has a few games when the DS has a lot of really awesome ones

Forum Donator
    BG Level

DS outsold PSP in Japan, but the DS had almost a year head start.

PSP has outsold the DS in the USA by more than a 1million unit margin.

I guess it depends on which country you look at. On thing is for sure, neither unit is outselling the other by a "10/1" margin.

I also own both the DS and the PSP. I feel that the PSP is by far the better machine. Its features blow the DS away.

I do wish they had more software to support the system though. 2006 looks to be a good year for games on the PSP. I'll know more after I get back from E3.

Have you been to a game store lately? There are tons of awesome games out for the PSP now. For example, Grand Theft Auto, LoTR, Star Wars: Battle Front II... just to name a few.

The reason I don't like the DS is because that second screen is almost entirely useless. Its like having streamers on your Harley style bicycle with the banana seat. Sure it looks great but it don't do shyt for performance. But thats just my opinion.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardfeatures
    Have you been to a game store lately? There are tons of awesome games out for the PSP now. For example, Grand Theft Auto, LoTR, Star Wars: Battle Front II... just to name a few.

The reason I don't like the DS is because that second screen is almost entirely useless. Its like having streamers on your Harley style bicycle with the banana seat. Sure it looks great but it don't do shyt for performance. But thats just my opinion.
    More games are making use of it now , its not as gimiciky(sp?) as it once was TBH. And the PSP games are just remakes not as good as the big brothers so DS>PSP at least the games are new and fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I wanna buy a DS but im too scared to, because I heared that Nintendo were releasing another handheld to counter the PSP's audience and like wtf I dont wanna buy a Handheld just so it can be replaced within moments.
    According to Nintendo they won't be replacing the DS with a new Game Boy as they consider it a "third pillar" or whatever - Gamecube (soon Revolution), Game Boy series, Nintendo DS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

There's the DS lite that will be coming out soon. It's not a replacement, but an upgrade. (A nice upgrade indeed) I have both PSP and DS, but I hardly ever bust out the PSP. DS has a lot of unique games like Phoenix Wright or Trauma Center, and of course the great remakes/sequels like the new SMB coming out, the tetris DS, mario kart DS, castlevania DS, etc. Plus, I find myself playing the DS online a lot more than the crappy online games of the PSP.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardfeatures
    holy shit its almost like you're playing a ps2 with crappy graphics on a small screen

holy shit its almost like you're using an ipod with crappy functionality

holy shit its almost like you're using a portable dvd player except the battery life won't even take Frodo to the depths of Mordor

Thanks, but no thanks.

DS has the games, PSP has the flash/style. The new DS Lite fixes how ugly the system looked, and the DS outsells the PSP by a TON in Japan.

Ninja edit to add support:
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Magicbox.com
    - Here are the latest Japanese console hardware sales for the week of March 3 - 12:

DS Lite - 89,790 [158,228] units
    Nintendo DS - 48,947 [549,429] units
    PSP - 40,091 [452,626] units
    PlayStation 2 - 22,476 [313,631] units
    GBA SP - 4,235 [72,582] units
    GB Micro - 3,020 [44,336] units
    GameCube - 1,360 [37,076] units
    Xbox 360 - 1,296 [27,711] units
    GBA - 65 [1,858] units
    Xbox - 63 [958] units
    For those not counting, that means the DS brand sold 138,737 units, while the PSP sold 40,091. I'd say it was murdered, not just outsold.

Factor in that the Gameboy Advance series managed to sell 7,320 in the same week if you want too.

Its not rocket science to know why Nintendo owns the handheld market. The same strategy that fails them in the console front allows them to dominate the handheld market. Handheld machines cater to the mainstream, people want accessible/fun games. Nintendo is the company of choice.

And back to point #1, the PSP is home of PS1 and PS2 ports, which just aren't that much fun. LONG LIVE NINTENDO. VIVA LA REVOLUTION.

Banned.

BG Level

PSP is a joke. You don't need to be a Nintendo Fanboy to realize that.

Old Merits
    BG Level

UMD fails.. why the fuck would someone buy a movie on UMD when you can buy it on DVD and watch it on everything, while the UMD is only good for PSP. What a joke. Add to the fact PSP has a huge lack of great games and it fails completely. DS is hot because it can play my GBA games and the newer DS games. Also Nintendo actually makes cool handheld games. Like they have RPGs that aren't crappy Diablo clones coming out for DS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Xavier, have my babies.

The whole DVDs on PSP thing is really dumb... Especially since I can just buy the DVDs that I can watch both on my TV at home and if I am in fact traveling, on my laptop. PSP was such a letdown, it could have been so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still not a fan of the DS. I'll take a GBA over it anyday.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I fucking hate you all because Im going to buy a DS soon

I'll wait till the Lite version is out in AU first, so the prices can plummet ^_^

edit : changed my mind, the prices of DS games are 60-80 AUD? wtf? lol DS can eat poo untill the games are standard GBA prices of 30-50 AUD.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I fucking hate you all because Im going to buy a DS soon

I'll wait till the Lite version is out in AU first, so the prices can plummet ^_^

edit : changed my mind, the prices of DS games are 60-80 AUD? wtf? lol DS can eat poo untill the games are standard GBA prices of 30-50 AUD.
    In America at least, most GBA and DS games cost the same price. I've never really seen a DS game cost more than $40 american, most coming in at $29.99-35.00.

Even then, its a bit unrealistic to ask for new "N64" quality games to be priced at basically "SNES" quality games from the DS to GBA. They cost more money to make.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Xavier, I actually love you now. That was a great post.

And wafik, would you be willing to pay that much for PSP games instead of DS games? If so: why? DS games are just...better.

The saddest thing about the PSP is that all of the people I've talked with just hack it and put a SNES emulator on it.

But if I have to list the reasons why I chose a DS:
    1)Mario Kart DS
    2)Every game I've got for it rocks, and isn't available for any other console.
    3)I've got an ipod and a laptop computer that goes with me if I'm traveling, so why would I want mp3 and movie capablities on my handheld? My ipod is much more intuitive in terms of music playback, and my laptop not only plays the movies I already own, but runs the SNES emulator that 3/4's of the PSP audience uses to play good games with their PSP
    4)The touchscreen is surprisingly ungimicky...the games that use it, use it well for the most part(the mic sucks though).
    5)PS2 games, for the most part, are supremely overrated...so it stands to reason that I would hate to play watered down remakes. I stopped playing GTA after Vice City, Twisted Metal is just a less fun mario kart battle mode clone, and sports games really bore me. The only reason I got a PS2 was for rpgs, and even those are starting to suck now (I'm not buying another SE rpg before playing it at a friends house...FFX was meh, and Xenosaga just pissed me off).

Why don't you like the DS? I can't see a reason to not like it unless you happen to just hate great games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast