Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can One Ever be Redeemed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

if someone makes decent posts what the fuck does it matter what their post count is anyway?

fucking internet cliques.

edit: sup people i know? /derail /shitty post.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    No you're fucked, delete your character and reroll and don't tell anyone.
    lol @ Ecurbee

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

sup stanislav @ OP

Xavier

If you embrace the teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, then even you can find redemption.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm 90% sure I know who the OP is. They did actually change their name (the GMs actually helped them do it because they were being harassed). They did everything they could to make it look like they were quitting. E.g. gave away gear, said their goodbyes, posted a screenshot of them deleting the character.

Two days later they came back with a new name, and asked the people they gave their gear to for it back. Then posted on the forums that they had been flaming that they were back as their new selves in a new more mature role. There was an ensuing flame-fest.

The OP (if whom I'm thinking of is the right person), is actually a very solid player, and has done a good job of avoiding drama for some months now. However, most of the HNMLSs on our server still remember his old attitude (and some of us really don't think it's possible he's changed enough so that we'ld want him), and won't accept him into their shells.

Honestly, I'ld say that most of us don't have very strong feelings about him now, and it's quite possible that in a few months he might get into an active HNM shell.

For those that really want to know what made him so hated...he spent hours in lower jeuno shouting about how great he was, and how bad everyone else was. If someone shouted for help he'ld shout back offering to solo whatever it was for them for 250k. He did very little but those two things for something like 6 months.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

* Element: None

* Modifiers: DEX:30% ; CHR:40%

* Damage Multipliers by TP:

100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
    1.1875 1.00 1.00
    This is dancing edge. So technically I'd get better DE numbers using Tuna Sushi?

How accurate is that site Russta? (i dont have DE im only 53)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...difierslol.jpg

you'd get better numbers using sole sushi.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Let me try to dumb down modifiers.

STR - Always improves WS damage no matter what, sometimes it is considered a modifier

DEX - Always improves WS crit rate no matter what, sometimes considered a modifier

All those other stats - Have no affect on WS damage for which they are not considered a modifier

The point is, yes CHR will increase Dancing edge damage, but DEX will boost its crit rate and STR will make your WS damage consistantly higher. If I catch you swapping in Light Rings I will shank someone.

Amen to chilicheeses post which I didn't see before writing this. STR DEX and ACC is all you need to know nearly 100% of the time.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
    1.1875 1.00 1.00
    This is dancing edge. So technically I'd get better DE numbers using Tuna Sushi?

Please tell me you're joking wafik ._. (I know you're a mage main but even so I would have thought you knew more about how WSs work than that)

Edit: The only CHR+ gear I ever want to see a THF wearing *ever* is AF2 hands and feet, anything else and they should be shot on sight.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik

100%TP 200%TP 300%TP
    1.1875 1.00 1.00

Please tell me you're joking wafik ._. (I know you're a mage main but even so I would have thought you knew more about how WSs work than that)

Edit: The only CHR+ gear I ever want to see a THF wearing *ever* is AF2 hands and feet, anything else and they should be shot on sight.
    Nope, im a mage main and have never really looked into foods seriously. my only other real melee is BST, and it gets no parties so I cant really get to experiment with foods (BST fight T's/VT solo, I use tuna sushi when duoing).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    The point is, yes CHR will increase Dancing edge damage, but DEX will boost its crit rate and STR will make your WS damage consistantly higher. If I catch you swapping in Light Rings I will shank someone.
    Nono I know enough to never sacrifice dex for CHR, only use something that occupies 2 slots at once giving both stats (hence why I asked tuna sushi, it has CHR and DEX on the same slot)

Should just of asked me ingame, I'd have quoted Rykoshet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Sole Onry

Str +5
    Dex +6

with sushi accuracy goodness