Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can One Ever be Redeemed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

SocialCommentary

Can One Ever be Redeemed?

Hi,

Say you are a skilled player who was once liked by peers around his level. Say one day you were making a post on a frustration you were feeling with your job. Now say everyone harassed you for "whining" and you fell into the trap on KI and everytime you posted something from there on out, people didn't bother to read, see if you were actually causing trouble. They just flamed you. Now say you flamed back in defending yourself rather then being smart enough to just let it go.

Flash forward some maturity levels and personal time. Say you are sick of the bs and want to move on from it. You have ceased posting on KI altogether and selectively decide what to post on in other forums (usually just things topiced on something you can positively add experience to).

Is it possible to be redeemed in this game? Get people to see you in a new light. Get the chances that would have been afforded to you if you had not fallen into the trap known as KI and Alla? Have a chance at a real linkshell and not the same old crap?

Or has the fiber of community in this game degraded so much that we childishly hold onto past arguments that existed over, what at the end of the day is still just a game?

No you're fucked, delete your character and reroll and don't tell anyone.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Most peple don't understand that some people can change for the better, and that everyone was once a n00b, and made their fair share of mistakes. Then you get those mostly on Alla and KI(mnk forums lol) that are so conceited and stuck up towards a certain point of view, you can slap proof in their face and they still don't care. They are a lost cause, don't stoop to their level and don't waste your time proving yourself to them, its their loss if they fail to move on or see your point of view. If you can logon to the game and have fun, continue to do so, if you can't, then reroll or quit.

lol @ Koyangi, sushi eating monk extraodinaire:

Quote Originally Posted by koyangi
    I know you mnk's out there use macros for WS. But point of my post, warwolf for asuran fists (MACROED in) is better than BB or BkB. That should be the only time a Warwolf touches your Waist slot.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    lol @ Koyangi, sushi eating monk extraodinaire:

Quote Originally Posted by koyangi
    I know you mnk's out there use macros for WS. But point of my post, warwolf for asuran fists (MACROED in) is better than BB or BkB. That should be the only time a Warwolf touches your Waist slot.
    Thats impressive.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

SAY what?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    No you're fucked, delete your character and reroll and don't tell anyone.
    lol @ Ecurbee

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Actions speak louder than words. People can redeem themselves, but no one is going to believe it overnight- it could take months or sometimes years.

If you are serious about changing your reputation, you will have to work on it. If you act in calm, mature fashion over time people will know if you are serious or just faking it.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Actions speak louder than words. People can redeem themselves, but no one is going to believe it overnight- it could take months or sometimes years.
    IN NAZI GERMANY REDEMPTION COMES WHEN I SAY IT DOES, OR AT LEAST WHEN TOM CRUISE THREATENS TO NOT PROMOTE M:I 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    IN NAZI GERMANY REDEMPTION COMES WHEN I SAY IT DOES, OR AT LEAST WHEN TOM CRUISE THREATENS TO NOT PROMOTE M:I 3.
    well now.... that was different

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Isaac Hayes left the show too because of that =/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the real question is, why do you care what anyone thinks of you? i mean seriously your playing a game in which youll prolly never see the faces of the people who play with you, so does it really matter if they like you? if someone flames you tell them to piss off and leave it at that haha. 90% of the people who play these games only say what they say because their bark is worse then their bite.

theyre the kinda people who fuck with you when youre driving your car irl, but as soon as you goto pull over they speed off. just play the game and ignore the retards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OP is a BLM/SMN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    OP is a BLM/SMN.
    Hey remember that time...

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Aurik beat me to it ._.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    The real question is, why do you care what anyone thinks of you? i mean seriously your playing a game in which youll prolly never see the faces of the people who play with you, so does it really matter if they like you? if someone flames you tell them to piss off and leave it at that haha. 90% of the people who play these games only say what they say because their bark is worse then their bite.
    While I agree with your point of view, the fact remains. This game is a social one and thanks to SE, they've made people dependant on others to accomplish at least 90% of the goals. Being disliked by many won't get you far in terms of game's goals.

Cue Fatality's in-game life history. Am I the only one who finds his char's name and his downfall an ironic coincidence?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

e

Old Merits
    BG Level

A person's perception of another is strictly the realm of the person percieving. There is nothing you can do to force perception, and there is no law that dictates a person to work out logical fallacies between their norms and their perceptions.

You can't force anyone to love, like, hate, respect or change perception towards you. The only thing you can do is let your actions speak for you, and ignore desire to change perception or save face. People should accept you for what you are, and if you change let them notice that on their free will.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Never expect to clean your reputation on a forum. It's almost impossible. In game, if you start being nice and help people, they are going to change their opinion eventually (unless your problem was RMT).

or

1) Create a mule and send everything to it
    2) delete your char
    3) create another mule with your char name
    4) Ask SE to restore your char and hope they can. You will have to change your name
    5) if this doesnt work, have fun leveling another char.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Never expect to clean your reputation on a forum. It's almost impossible. In game, if you start being nice and help people, they are going to change their opinion eventually (unless your problem was RMT).

or

1) Create a mule and send everything to it
    2) delete your char
    3) create another mule with your char name
    4) Ask SE to restore your char and hope they can. You will have to change your name
    5) if this doesnt work, have fun leveling another char.
    If the character with the name of your original character is on the same account, the recreation will fail (as far as I can remember).

Make sure that you create the character with the same name on a different account. thx