+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NPC Weapon upgrades?!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

NPC Weapon upgrades?!

Before you flame and send me off on my merry way to KI or Alla, hear me out.

While I did somewhat an extensive research regarding weapon upgrades, one thing still escapes me. Is there a specific benefit for particular weapon you choose for your NPC or is it just what you feel like giving it?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I remember seeing a spread of DPS for each weapon upgrade on Alla a while back indicating highest DPS over all, but I can't seem to find that link. Not that I'm asking for a link, but is that what I should be looking for when doing the upgrades?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Give your NPC a weapon that doesn't have AOE damage weaponskills, and that has a lot of weaponskills in slots that skillchain well with your own. I'm a Thief who likes to close Distortion, so my NPC has a polearm.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

h2h and gkt are popular and i know its not part of your question but this is the best npc guide i've found so far

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/index.php/ ... llow_Guide

My npc used GKT personally, its pretty sexy

Sea Torques
    BG Level

the final great axe looks like rune axe and zoldof is a sex object when he swings it at guivre and makes darkness chains with me

the ladies swoon at his giant golden axe

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Mdn
    the final great axe looks like rune axe and zoldof is a sex object when he swings it at guivre and makes darkness chains with me

the ladies and Septimus swoon at his giant golden axe
    Sorry, had to fix it up a bit for truth.

Bani, that's exactly the guide I use for my NPC needs. Thanks. :D

Also another question. From what I've gathered the total armor "lock-ins" you're allowed is 3?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Generally speaking, Polearm, Great Katana, and Great Axe are the three best weapons for NPCs. They seem to have the highest delay to damage done, do not have AoE weapon skills, and chain fairly well with other weapons. (Although plenty of people like Staves for Healer and Soothing because of Spirit Taker.)

The DPS was removed from the Allakazham thread when it was proven that NPCs do not use the exact weapon that they are given, there is no reason to base weapon choices off that. Since NPCs cannot Dual Wield, two-handed weapons seem to be the best choice. Personally, I like Great Axe and Great Katana the most for Zoldof, currently he has the Rune Axe model like mnd, and he is a sexy beast with it.

And there are only three armor locks currently, hopefully they will give us a fourth lock and more precise armor controls in the expansion. (NPC ENMs and Assault would be nice too.)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Generally speaking, Polearm, Great Katana, and Great Axe are the three best weapons for NPCs. They seem to have the highest delay to damage done, do not have AoE weapon skills, and chain fairly well with other weapons. (Although plenty of people like Staves for Healer and Soothing because of Spirit Taker.)
    Question on weapons. I haven't really found this elsewhere, but my NPC has a Scythe at the capped level. Could I just trade her a level 1 GA and start over or am I stuck?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Question on weapons. I haven't really found this elsewhere, but my NPC has a Scythe at the capped level. Could I just trade her a level 1 GA and start over or am I stuck?
    NPCs have capped skills for all weapons for that level. (I believe someone once said that attackers have A+ skill and shields and healers have B+ skill, but that could be wrong.)

You can trade any weapon from the current upgrade list no matter what weapon(s) you have given him/her previously. (So if you are on upgrade 5 with Great Katana, you do not have to give your NPC a Great Axe from the first upgrade if you decided to change, just go with the upgrade 5 Great Axe.)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thank you Sept

E. Body
    BG Level

Any NPC topic should be banished to Alla

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    So should people who troll forums, what's your point?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I like NPC but, someone should make a places to lvl you NPC that don't fuck with XP guide... Kuftal is just dogshit for xp now.

E. Body
    BG Level

So should people who troll forums, what's your point?
    My point is, you cyber your NPC and really, thats no place for an MMO, nor a serious endgame board.

Black Belt
    BG Level

My point is, you cyber your NPC and really, thats no place for an MMO, nor a serious endgame board.
    cyber is in every MMO.

and this board is serious now?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As much as I agree with you, there are alternative areas available. If you don't know which ones they are that's a separate issue.

To Mitzki: Do you think people can take someone serious after they ran away from server on which they grew into end-game community?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

You'd rather have another AV thread? Oh shit wait, wait. What about another stupid server drama thread? Whoops... I know, an in-depth strategy article about how this game is easy as fuck and until ToA endgame is the same repetitive stuff every week?

Let's derail this thread. What would you actually enjoy reading/debating about Razz? What would be a pertinent and proper forum topic? I'm not trying to be sarcastic in this paragraph, I'm genuinely interested in what you/others have to say on the matter, because at the moment FFXI has reached an endgame zenith if you will, where nothing is tremendously hard and therefore worth debate. Or is it?

Ishmaela
    75rng75rdm75pld
    Garuda
    Stelvia HNMLS

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    Also another question. From what I've gathered the total armor "lock-ins" you're allowed is 3?
    Yeah, that's the most retarded thing about the NPC system ever. If you're dumb like me, you spent 50% of your time getting your NPC to 65, and another 50% just killing bats at the entrance of KRT and getting yelled at by lowbies for stealing their exp mobs, all so in the end your NPC looks like a total mismatch:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y20...i_Complete.jpg

If I can ever get him to wear kote and lock them, I'm submitting his picture to RateMyGalka.com. Oh and the last g.katana upgrade looks badass!

I personally prefer katana and shield because it looks silly (Also no AoE WS's).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    I like NPC but, someone should make a places to lvl you NPC that don't fuck with XP guide... Kuftal is just dogshit for xp now.
    i run parties out of bibiki when i take zoldof to dhamels :[ i feel bad for them when i'm killing like 3x as fast as them as a nin solo and they're all level 65+

b.tree and kuftal are packed with npcs now though. they pretty much start to top off around 60 though and i found it much more efficient to get to 65 on dhamels in bibiki.

what would be the best is if they added some sort of quest that one could do so that they could summon npcs in the quested zones such as tu'lia. i want to take zoldof to flamingos.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ish
    ...because at the moment FFXI has reached an endgame zenith if you will...
    From what I hear that depends entirely on what server you're on.

To Alex: Thanks for the quest list! :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast