Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Ability     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a dumbass and shouldn't try to post at 2 AM.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Just because you can play with colors and the /echo command, doesnt invalidate what the OP was talking about. /recast "Geo Crush" Does indeed work, as does everything I listed in the post above.
    He's not playing with colors. Type /recast "(NULL)" and see what happens.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    Until the last version update, /recast "Geo Crush" etc. did not work. Now it does. which means it exists as a spell/ability as we know it (gettable or not). It's strange that it didnt work earlier, since the prime avatars always had those abilities.
    The avatar abilities listed there (eg. Geo Crush) were not usable by the prime avatars before the update. They were added for the alliance avatar battles in the last update.
    This guy knows his stuff! Must have been playing since day one

Until the last version update, /recast "Geo Crush" etc. did not work. Now it does. which means it exists as a spell/ability as we know it (gettable or not). It's strange that it didnt work earlier, since the prime avatars always had those abilities.
    The avatar abilities listed there (eg. Geo Crush) were not usable by the prime avatars before the update. They were added for the alliance avatar battles in the last update.
    I'm pretty sure the last time I fought titan prime (A long time ago) He used Geo Crush. My memory could be offf, but i'm pretty confident here. How would anyone know what "Geo Crush" etc are before they update then? (because people did)

LazyShell
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure the last time I fought titan prime (A long time ago) He used Geo Crush. My memory could be offf, but i'm pretty confident here. How would anyone know what "Geo Crush" etc are before they update then? (because people did)
    I'm not sure about titan, but I know that the regular 6man Shiva Prime uses Heavenly strike, and as far as I can remember, always has.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Just because you can play with colors and the /echo command, doesnt invalidate what the OP was talking about. /recast "Geo Crush" Does indeed work, as does everything I listed in the post above.
    I wasn't aware you could change the color of /echo.

Anyway, Geocrush is older than time, I remember Titan killing me with it a year ago.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

i remember fighting Titan a LONG time ago and he used Geo Crush, so yeah the 6-man prime fights have had those BPs since Zilart expansion came out, back when there was no 24 hour waiting period and you could do the same avatar fight 24/7 and get rich from the gil award (think it was 50k back then).

*edit: i also remember getting hit with Grand Fall, Heavenly Strike and that one Ifrit uses, i think Meteor Strike

Break is used by Lumber Jack.

I find it really pointless to look at possible /recast commands and say "SE IS PUTTING IT IN THE GAME!" Some of those /recasts have been in the game for a very very long time yet have never been implemented, so it's a pretty tenuous argument to say that those will be usable abilities in the near future.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Curse, Virus, and Confuse are also in the game. I do not believe that Curse and Virus are available as spells, their effects are only from mob weapon skills (ghosts have AoE Curse weapon skill and Hounds have Rot Gas that cuases AoE Virus) or aditional effects of certain weapons and armors. I think Confuse would be just too dangerous to actually impliment in the game.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Would be neat if BLU had Curse tho and Methane Breath.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    It would be even better if Red Mages got Break and Plague.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    All I think they're getting is a whack of the nerf stick

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    I honestly doubt Square is going to nerf anything in this expansion. They obviously know that if this expansion is like CoP that FFXI will die, so they are going to work extra hard to no piss off too many people.

Then again, they never bothered to correct error after error with CoP when it could have been fixed easily, so they might decide to piss everyone off and just start from scratch with a new MMO.

(Oh wait, why am I responding to you like you are a human and not like the forum troll you are?)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You wish...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    I honestly doubt Square is going to nerf anything in this expansion. They obviously know that if this expansion is like CoP that FFXI will die, so they are going to work extra hard to no piss off too many people.

Then again, they never bothered to correct error after error with CoP when it could have been fixed easily, so they might decide to piss everyone off and just start from scratch with a new MMO.

(Oh wait, why am I responding to you like you are a human and not like the forum troll you are?)
    Dont make me go emo I'm not really a troll as much as a guy who disagrees with whats normally said and willing to argue my points to stupid and annoying lengths. A troll would be personally attacking people.

I don't know why they didn't do the simple things to fix sea and cop dynamis, they aren't as bad as everybody says but they arent as good as they could be. Seriously, after seeing how Limbus turned out I thought everything was suddenly going to get better... Limbus is that damn good. I wonder if they had different dev teams for all that...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CoP was a live Beta.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CoP was a live Beta.
    Limbus and the Missions (if you were playing them for themselves and not for items) rocked. Don't deny it. Oh and beta tests fix things, this was dropping their mistakes on us and running.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I do agree with you about Limbus and Story line being good additions to the game, the fixes will most likely come with expansion not CoP. I think even SE realizes that even if they could fix CoP content, some of it anyway, it's a lost cause.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I do agree with you about Limbus and Story line being good additions to the game, the fixes will most likely come with expansion not CoP. I think even SE realizes that even if they could fix CoP content, some of it anyway, it's a lost cause.
    Well if they fix it and don't spew their normal '____ was adjusted' crap and instead tell us whats going on it could be recovered. I don't know how hard it would be to fix these things, it depends how the game was programmed, but I would rather have new content anyways if it would take too much time to fix.