Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Byrnie+1 price check     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Byrnie+1 price check

since it's so rare very hard to figure out the price to sell for it >.<
    any idea how much it should go for?
    hide is around 8M here right now. and nq is bit less than 7M i think

WAY too much for something that's tier 2, especially with the abundance of leathercrafters (on my server, anyway). Behemoth hides about 6-7m, and Byrnie +1 at 25m+

is it tier 2? from my understanding the sub craft that's needed for it is above 31 so that woudln't make it tier 2 would it?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    is it tier 2? from my understanding the sub craft that's needed for it is above 31 so that woudln't make it tier 2 would it?
    The sub skill is level 34, it's very possible to get that to 65 if you plan in advance and build for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    The sub skill is level 34, it's very possible to get that to 65 if you plan in advance and build for it.
    lol @ you having to tell a 100 Leathercrafter that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    lol @ you having to tell a 100 Leathercrafter that.
    wow, you're a douchebag

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That he is, but my question since this is a "byrnie" topic, which jobs /really/ benefit from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    That he is, but my question since this is a "byrnie" topic, which jobs /really/ benefit from it?
    PLD
    yay more hate cos my WS do more DMG and VIT+5 HP+25 zomg better than AF

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've seen some NIN's macro in Byrnies or just use them over SH for the extra damage which supposedly allowed them to hold hate better. I'm not 100% sure about that because in my opinion, the damage difference seemed minimal between the two.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    I've seen some NIN's macro in Byrnies or just use them over SH for the extra damage which supposedly allowed them to hold hate better. I'm not 100% sure about that because in my opinion, the damage difference seemed minimal between the two.
    I think Haubergeon is cheaper(atleast on my server) and better for that.

Back in the day, Byrnie was what NIN's used when they couldn't afford Harness, but nowadays I don't see them used that often. I've seen people use them in Ballista because they want the extra damage but don't want the -evasion of Haubergeon... but in 90% of other cases Haubergeon seems the better pick of the two.

I think warriors that use sushi would use Byrnie+1 for TP gain. Other jobs like nin and drk have better equipments available. Koga chainmail and shura togi are both superior than Byrnie+1 for TP gain for imo. I recently started using nin af1 body for tp gain and it has been rather decent as well.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Dethecus

A SAM friend of mine wants a Byrnie +1 now for TP gain, I dunno why though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    I think Haubergeon is cheaper(atleast on my server) and better for that.

Back in the day, Byrnie was what NIN's used when they couldn't afford Harness, but nowadays I don't see them used that often. I've seen people use them in Ballista because they want the extra damage but don't want the -evasion of Haubergeon... but in 90% of other cases Haubergeon seems the better pick of the two.
    On my server hides are from 8-9mil and ingots are from 11-12mil, byrine are much cheaper but I have tested both in exp pts and I would say that huaby is a much better chouse imo. Seems that the extra acc that the huaby has helps the acc of weapon skills.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PLD
    yay more hate cos my WS do more DMG and VIT+5 HP+25 zomg better than AF
    Yep, same defense as well I belive. Only thing arguably better is AF+1 body

Then of course M Body.