+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need suggestions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I need suggestions

I have to write a term paper for my Business Ethics class.

I chose to write my paper on the topic of the sale of defective and/or harmful products. I'm having trouble thinking of companies that have a history of the sale of defective and/or harmful products. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions people have about companies I can talk about in my paper.

Thanks

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Xbox 360 comes straight to mind.

When writing a paper, it's best to pick something you know a lot about.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: I need suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    I chose to write my paper on the topic of the sale of defective and/or harmful products.
    Why not write about how to be an educated consumer instead?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

History of Defective Products:

Microsoft
    Dell
    Ford (thier history of defective cars is unreal)
    Chrysler

Harmful Products:

R.J. Reynolds
    Pretty much any drug manufacturer (Vioxx anyone?)
    Wizco Toys - see link for info: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28331

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shaede
    I think Shaede means writing about FFXI.

Sorry, couldn't resist. You could say the same for WoW though because it was broke as hell at launch and both games could be considered "harmful"...

Quote Originally Posted by Okan

Sorry, couldn't resist. You could say the same for WoW though because it was broke as hell at launch and both games could be considered "harmful"...
    lol.. and ya.. WoW is just as harmful as FFXI XD (as your mini-text says)

There's McDonald's, and Chick-fil-A, and pretty much any fast food company. Hot coffee suits aside, that stuff will kill you faster than smoking will.

Also I heard that for the longest time that McDonald's would cook the fries in the same grease as the pork and beef patties in countries where a great majority of the population was religiously opposed to the consumption of either. But that's just a second-hand rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Krylanna
    There's McDonald's, and Chick-fil-A, and pretty much any fast food company. Hot coffee suits aside, that stuff will kill you faster than smoking will.

Also I heard that for the longest time that McDonald's would cook the fries in the same grease as the pork and beef patties in countries where a great majority of the population was religiously opposed to the consumption of either. But that's just a second-hand rumor, so take it with a grain of salt.
    -There was the death from food poisoning at Jack in the Box back in the 80's.
    -Supposedly Burger King cooks their fries no less than 3 times in the oil... Twice at the factory and one at the facility.
    -Wasn't it about 6-7 years ago that Ford had the roll-over Explorers? Tires would blow and they'd be a tumblin'..
    -The countless car fires from malfunctioning Ford vehicles.
    -Windows ME

Sea Torques
    BG Level

There was a drug back in the 50's that eliminated all pregnancy bad symptoms but as a consequence babies were born with no legs, arms. Etc. If you find this information useful I'll fetch you the name of the drug and who produced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan

Hah, that's not what I was implying... but point taken.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lasitha
    There was a drug back in the 50's that eliminated all pregnancy bad symptoms but as a consequence babies were born with no legs, arms. Etc. If you find this information useful I'll fetch you the name of the drug and who produced it.
    Thalidomide

It's now used as a treatment for leprosy.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Xbox 360 comes straight to mind.
    lol

PS2 had a much higher percentage of defectives at release.

Not to mention PS2's whose lasers went bad just after factory warranty ran out.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland
    History of Defective Products:

Harmful Products:

R.J. Reynolds
    Pretty much any drug manufacturer (Vioxx anyone?)
    You could probably find a lot of info and write a whole paper focusing on all the bad/harmful/none-effective diet pills that have been and are still out there. New diet pills are created everyday and there's been many cases where people have died from them. Might be a really good idea for your paper.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wasn't there that issue a few years ago (sometime in the early 90s I think) where Macintosh's had defective monitors and would explode when you turned them on?

Mentioned already put PS1 and PS2s having that odd habit of screwing up right after the one year warranty dries up comes to mind as well.

I worked at Mcdonald's for a few years and that "rumor" is in fact true. After they got their asses sued off over it they have since seperated the oil they cook fries and meat products in (though during the night shift we'd often turn off some of the friers and cook the meat and fries in the same vats ).

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

in australia, all mcdonalds now have to fry everything in vegetable oil, because everyone became fat and blamed mcdonalds.

It all used to be fried in lard :S Pure lard.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    It all used to be fried in lard :S Pure lard.
    Mmmm, lard.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You know what pisses me off the most.....was the 2 fat ass fucking bitches from New York who sued McDonalds for making them fat. Because of these lard asses.....I cannot get Super Size fries anymore. I don't want Large....I want a fuckling Super Size.

For those of you who don't know the story. 2 fat fucking whores passed a McDonalds everyday on the way to and from school. Of course, being fat fucks....they ate their everyday, for both breakfast and lunch. 2 fucking times a day, everyoay. Now, they got even fatter, and developed health problems. Unable to accept the fact they have nop self control, and unable to accept responisibilty for their own fat inducing actions...they decide its McDonalds fault that they are fat, and sue them.

According to reports, they were never forced into the McDonalds. Despite a police investigation, and reviews of security tapes, they could find no evidence that the girls were abducted twice a day by McDonalds employees and force fed Big Macs before being released.

Fortunately, the judge sided with me, and didn't give these fat fucking pieces of shit a dime. However, in order to placate the masses, it was ruled the Mcdonalds has to make some menu adjustments.

Translation: I AM NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE MY OWN CHOICES IN LIFE AND ORDER SUPER SIZED FRIES BECAUSE 2 FAT ASS BITCHES COULDN'T KEEP THEIR LARD ASSES FROM EATING AT MCDONALDS FOR EVERY FUCKING MEAL!!!!!!

Translation: I AM NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE MY OWN CHOICES IN LIFE AND ORDER SUPER SIZED FRIES BECAUSE 2 FAT ASS BITCHES COULDN'T KEEP THEIR LARD ASSES FROM EATING AT MCDONALDS FOR EVERY FUCKING MEAL!!!!!!
    Eating there for a week solid deteriorates your body so badly that it would take a full year of recovery to return to your previous health condition prior to it (including healthy eating and scheduled workouts).

Honestly, though I woulnd't side with the women involved, it wouldn't do any harm to rid us of this disgusting food.