+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXI Bugs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

FFXI Bugs

Some bugs that I've encountered in game...

Mob enfeeble mistargetting:
    This bug has happened to me and others in my LS several times. A mob will be aggro'ed by someone and it will cast an enfeeble on someone else in the party who has done nothing to it or anyone in party (they were never resting and it's not bound).

For example, someone provokes an Aern that I'm standing next to and the first thing the aern does is cast sleep II on me.

Melee Crown:
    By description, this item is supposed to only give 4% HP, but it gives me 5%. My base HP as Taru MNK/NIN is exactly 1300 with no gear/merits. With the crown, I have 1365 same as if I was wearing Melee Cyclas (body, +5% HP). Obviously, it should be 1352 HP.

I'm unsure if the HQ version of the melee crown does the same thing (says +5%, but perhaps gives 6%?).

Damage reduction gear:
    I'm not sure it counts since it's pretty consistant, but damage reduction gear is off by .3% from many tests using 1,000 needles. (i.e. Genbu shield is -9.7%)

Jailer of Prudence:
    Still sometimes pops with one unnamed.

Have people experienced any other glitches/bugs ingame? We could report them in hopes someday they get fixed. lol, one can dream

Utsusemi bug: only get 2 shadows instead of 3. My LS has this happen alot during Tiamats: 1 > 2 > 400 damage.

Being countered while having shadows up.

"1 of the Kiro's shadows absorbs the damage and disappears."

Dunno if that's a bug, but it's always annoyed me. D:

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

It's probably bad design and not actually a bug but I really hate how you don't see the renkei animation and damage if you change equipment immediatly afterwards.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    It's probably bad design and not actually a bug but I really hate how you don't see the renkei animation and damage if you change equipment immediatly afterwards.
    This greatly upsets me as a BLM.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: FFXI Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian

This bug has happened to me and others in my LS several times. A mob will be aggro'ed by someone and it will cast an enfeeble on someone else in the party who has done nothing to it or anyone in party (they were never resting and it's not bound).

For example, someone provokes an Aern that I'm standing next to and the first thing the aern does is cast sleep II on me.
    I see this one all the time while xping off Aura weapons, I figured it was just me losing hate most of the time, nice to know it's just random glitch I guess (at least that's what my ego is telling me ._.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: FFXI Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian

I see this one all the time while xping off Aura weapons, I figured it was just me losing hate most of the time, nice to know it's just random glitch I guess (at least that's what my ego is telling me ._.)
    For whatever reason, this seems to happen only with enfeebles and not any other types of spells, but I have various examples of such events.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

How about this glitch. Outposting to tavnazia, zoning in and getting stuck on that damn invisible wall. happened every time, but i talked to a gm and its fixed for me but still happens to other ls members!

Old Merits
    BG Level

The annoying little blocks of empty space that stop you from auto-running. The only location I remember off-hand is near the Batallia Downs zone in Upper Jeuno.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

omfg, they can fix that tavnazian glitch, im so getting stuck on that tonight on purpose lol

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    The annoying little blocks of empty space that stop you from auto-running. The only location I remember off-hand is near the Batallia Downs zone in Upper Jeuno.
    I've found two to date, one in Lower Jeuno to the right of the first set of stairs going Southwest, and the other is in Romaeve or w/e through one of the doorways on the east path up to the hall of the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Desi
    How about this glitch. Outposting to tavnazia, zoning in and getting stuck on that damn invisible wall. happened every time, but i talked to a gm and its fixed for me but still happens to other ls members!
    Amen, Desi!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Damn you maguspk

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Something in tune with the animation not showing up after equip change..

Is when you get locked into position when a spell is casted on you. Like you cant stand up if ballad animation is going off, you cant move if theres a cure spell going off at a wrong time, etc.

I guess the same can go with /ra attacks, right after the shot goes off youre stuck in position for a second, as with casting therondy.

I fucking it when you freeze from someone casting on you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Desi

Not sure how the gm could fix that for you since collision are calculated pc side >_> But I agree about that invisible wall being annoying.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yeah can't stand it when I get two cures when a mob dies and the rest of the pt is killing the next mob and I'm still standing there stuck.. ADURRR

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sealion Den, sometimes you can't target the gate.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Damn you maguspk
    :wink:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

He probably didnt fix it, but regardless i haven't hit it since i had spoken with him about it. I think the gate in sealions den only appears when someone in your party is on the mission and can target it. Helping someone get sea i was the first in the zone, and had to rezone to gain access to the bc via the gate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast