Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Dude I did rampage once and r0ed and when I resynched I had 37 TP!!

5+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+5+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+ 1+1+1+1 = 29 hits

only happend once tho, must have like a .0001% proc rate

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah its amazing the crazy shit lag can do. Like make someone appear to use their WS 5 times.

For example Savage Blade delivers a twofold attack, along with dual-wield and double attack, does the Joyeuse occasional double attack kick in too?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran
    For example Savage Blade delivers a twofold attack, along with dual-wield and double attack, does the Joyeuse occasional double attack kick in too?
    Weapons that occ. attack 2-xx times overwrite normal Double Attack, and do not proc on WSs. The exception to this rule is Jailer Weapons which can stack with Double/Triple, at least on normal meleeing.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hmm... This has been bothering me for a long time. Ever since I got my Prudence Rod I have been noticing my Hexa Strikes constantly giving back 18 TP. I use Morg / Prudence. However lots of you seem to be complaining of difficulty/impossibility of getting 17 TP from a WS. I am not using special TP+ equip or food. Just Kabobs, Sole Sushi or Rice Dumplings mainly.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The issue was concerning eight hits max not direct TP return. Morg gives 8 tp per hit while most axes give 6-7 tp per hit and daggers give around 5 tp per hit.

Hexa should give 15 +5 I believe if all hits land with your weapons. If you were getting above 21 tp without storeTP then people would be interested.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I wanted to add another discussion to this thread since its closely related to the topic instead of starting a brand new topic:

I was getting into a debate with a fellow MNK in my LS about the nature of Dual Wield and MNK (both use 2 swings every attack round). I'll share what I explained to her, and I can have you people add on/discredit or w/e.

I was explaining the following using the logic of dual wield not as a job trait but merely the idea that you have 2 swings every delay (DW'ers and MNK's). The main thing that started this debate was my impression that MNK's Asuran Fists is technically an 9 Hit WS, but the game caps WS hits at 8, and that the mnk's offhand "replaces" the 8th hit, as evident in the extra 5 TP we get on TP return (same as a Dual Wielder in Rampage, Jin, etc). It was supposed to remain that simple, instead she kept arguing how can MNK be like dual wielders blah blah, when I tried proving to her about the 2 5 TP's you get with rampage, jin, asuran, raging, vorpal, etc. is based on the extra free hit dual wield and consequently mnk get.

Main point of discussion is, does MNK infact get that "extra" free hit like other dual wield (Howling Fist is 1 hit WS but gets 10 TP return)? or not. Thanks.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

afaik, the 8 hits always included your offhand. Otherwise you would see lower TP return because you only get full TP from your first hit from each weapon. Because it doesn't have an option to be less then 8 hits depending on what you equip, I'm sure that it was taken into account with the WS description. Think of it as if you had a 2h weapon like a ga or gk. The description matches the amount of hits in the WS.

However, dual wield is different. It specifically adds an additional swing to any WS. So in this case I believe your wrong.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

That's the point I think I was trying to make (look at Howling Fist example)
    The argument was why should mnk be different when they swing twice just like any other DWer using 2 weps.

Well, how much TP is normally returned from a full-hitting Asuran?

Assuming you get 5 TP back per normal attack, are you getting 17 TP back (5 + 5 + 7) or 12 TP back (5 + 7)?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    Well, how much TP is normally returned from a full-hitting Asuran?

Assuming you get 5 TP back per normal attack, are you getting 17 TP back (5 + 5 + 7) or 12 TP back (5 + 7)?
    Prior to the recent TP change, 5+5+6 => 16tp for full hit Asuran with Destroyers.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apr. 22, 2004 Update
    An issue concerning the accumulation of TP with weapon skills that consist of multiple strikes (i.e. Combo, Penta Thrust, etc.) has been corrected.
    TP will be accumulated as usual for that weapon type on the first strike (first two strikes for hand-to-hand attacks or when wielding two weapons), with each subsequent strike accumulating 1 TP.
    Accordingly, enemies who are the targets of multiple-strike weapon skills will only gain TP from the first strike (first two strikes for hand-to-hand attacks or when wielding two weapons).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

MNK does have the same extra "offhand hit" that dual wielders get, evident when using any WS besides Asuran Fists. However, the offhand hit isn't what gives the second 5 TP, it's the second hit in any multi hit (or single hit with dual wield/martial arts) WS. For example, if the second hit of your Asuran Fists misses, you get 11 TP back pre-store TP items (5+1+1+1+1+1+1). Whether that offhand hit can move in to replace the missed hit or not is unknown since, as Aurik said on like page 2 or something, Asuran Fists can legally return any amount of TP from 0 to 16.

Also, kareface, I don't think that's true. Why would they take it into account on Asuran Fists, when they didn't on any of the other WS that MNK has? There is no option to hit things with just 1 fists, so you have forced Martial Arts. The only time you don't have Martial Arts using a MNK WS is when on another job, and not subbing MNK (or PUP), such as a THF/WAR using a HTH WS.

And weapon skills aren't limited to 8 hits, a combat round is. I tried testing this on NIN a while back with Kraken Club, and after probably an hour of hitting random EPs, I don't think I ever once got 7 hits on the kraken side while dual wielding it with a Katana. It can be hard to catch sometimes because of the log spam, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6