Thread: Assault Unveiled!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Assault Unveiled!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/topics/060324.html

Assault (03/24/2006)

The Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc will introduce an entirely new way to play FINAL FANTASY XI--“Assault” missions!

The FINAL FANTASY XI development team created the "Assault" system to provide a means of casual enjoyment for high-level players--the main target audience of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc. Assault allows for parties of three to six members to enjoy gameplay that does not last a long period of time and requires little recruitment effort. Players can choose the location, decide whether or not to impose a level restriction, and select the type of Assault mission to fit with their objectives and party organization.

Players who often participate in Assault missions will earn "Imperial Standing" credits, which can be traded for items in the various Assault locations. In addition, players who succeed in an Assault mission have the possibility of obtaining a mysterious item. After receiving an appraisal in town, the mysterious item will then be displayed as a normal item.

Repeat success in Assault will also raise your mercenary rank, which will even further increase the number and variety of available Assault missions!
    Wow, looking REALLY sexy.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

sweet. sounds alot like lost dungeons of norrath if anyone remembers that....hope you get exp as you grind through

sounds ok but OMG casual players????? WHAT ABOUT HAIJINS; ;

Re: Assault Unveiled!

Assault (03/24/2006)

The Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc will introduce an entirely new way to play FINAL FANTASY XI--“Assault” missions!

The FINAL FANTASY XI development team created the "Assault" system to provide a means of casual enjoyment for high-level players--the main target audience of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc. Assault allows for parties of three to six members to enjoy gameplay that does not last a long period of time and requires little recruitment effort. Players can choose the location, decide whether or not to impose a level restriction, and select the type of Assault mission to fit with their objectives and party organization.

Players who often participate in Assault missions will earn "Imperial Standing" credits, which can be traded for items in the various Assault locations. In addition, players who succeed in an Assault mission have the possibility of obtaining a mysterious item. After receiving an appraisal in town, the mysterious item will then be displayed as a normal item.

Repeat success in Assault will also raise your mercenary rank, which will even further increase the number and variety of available Assault missions!
    I thought TOAU wasn't going to be focussing on end-game player but more on mid-level to soloable content?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jahuran
    I thought TOAU wasn't going to be focussing on end-game player but more on mid-level to soloable content?
    That was CoP... anyways...

a means of casual enjoyment for high-level players--the main target audience of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.
    Same, but I'm not complaining. This new Assault sounds like real fun.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Assault (03/24/2006)

A lot of Solo and Endgame content are being added. CoP added a metric ton of good mid level party based content (missions, enms, etc.) Newbies are also going to have access to the new jobs though, so thats a lot of content anyways.

My pants got tighter.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    Quote Originally Posted by SE
    Epeen bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    high-level players--the main target audience of the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion disc.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I hear AV has a 2% drop rate. Enjoy sea.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sexy

E. Body
    BG Level

I can't wait for this, even though it'll probably be full of meripo style party setups. Like NINs, WARs and BRDs.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I can't wait for this, even though it'll probably be full of meripo style party setups. Like NINs, WARs and BRDs.
    As long as they don't have it timer based, I don't see why you shouldn't just take your friends instead of going for an 'optimal' party.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by epigram
    I hear AV has a 2% drop rate. Enjoy sea.
    Winner.

Black Belt
    BG Level

As long as they don't have it timer based, I don't see why you shouldn't just take your friends instead of going for an 'optimal' party.
    it's not going to be instanced so i don't see how it's going to work well if it doesn't have some kind of timer.

edit: and i mean 2 kinds of timers, like Dynamis/Limbus, reentry timer limiting how often you go in and a timer of how long you are allowed to complete the objective.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

OMG so hawt finally something for the haijin part of our LS

oooo ^o^

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    it's not going to be instanced so i don't see how it's going to work well if it doesn't have some kind of timer.

edit: and i mean 2 kinds of timers, like Dynamis/Limbus, reentry timer limiting how often you go in and a timer of how long you are allowed to complete the objective.
    Yeah, I mean like can only do once every 3 days would need an optimal party but if it happens once an hour you could do it with friends. And who said it wouldn't be instanced.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Yeah, I mean like can only do once every 3 days would need an optimal party but if it happens once an hour you could do it with friends. And who said it wouldn't be instanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ahturhgan/battles/assault.html
    "Assault" means to make a sudden attack on a fortified area. Your goal in Assault is to fight through an enemy stronghold with a small, elite unit of mercenaries.
    In order to participate, you must first go to the Commissions Agency, where you can view a list of available tasks. Choose any task that interests you, and gather the number of people necessary to finish the operation. Then, enter the enemy's stronghold and complete your tasks.
    If you manage to complete the Assault and make it back alive, the Empire of Aht Urhgan will reward you with fame and an appropriate reward.
    Assault can only be undertaken by small, select groups. In exchange, the Imperial Army will evacuate any non-participants so that you can fully concentrate on the operation. On the other hand, no one will be around to help if you find yourself in trouble, so you must always be on guard.
    that sound like an instance to you?

there's no way they are going to let one group constantly hog one area with no lockout timer. at best (or worse) there'll be a "buy-in" item like Garrison, Ouryu or BCNMs, that's the only way i see how there would be no lock-out timer.