Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Popping Ix'DRK     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Popping Ix'DRK

My LS has attempted to pop Ix'DRK on several occasions. We've read about tons of ideas/theories about popping him, and we've tried everything. We tried having a BLM get every single kill shot. We tried spamming the ??? after each Aern kill. We tried having a single person solo all the aerns in the room with ???. We have yet to see the message.

I have personally seen the message while Manaburning in the areas on one of the BLMs who had infact killed the Aern that gave the message. But there were only 3 BLMs and a BRD in the party, so I'm not sure if theres a difference between that and farming it with an alliance?

If anyone can describe their methods on farming Ix'DRK or theories you've proven to be true, please reply. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it's just totally random. We just keep killing shit til someone gets the message. Always nice when they don't warn you and suddenly you got a ton of aerns barreling down on you ~_~

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

it's random like so many other things in hell.. er I mean sea

Also the person who has HATE when the Aern is killed, is who will get the message, not who lands the killing blow. (Notice the person with hate and the person who land the killer blow can be one and the same...but not the other way around.)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Sorry to derail but how many times did it reraise for you all. I have seen it reraise about 14 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilimac
    Sorry to derail but how many times did it reraise for you all. I have seen it reraise about 14 times.
    While holding both Qn's we've had it reraise as many as 12 times...could have been more, we lost count.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

We got this during an XP party last night... We ALL had to check the ??? for the Ix'Aern to pop. It (mostly the Qn'Aerns) gradually raped us all after we got Ix to 50%...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco
    We got this during an XP party last night... We ALL had to check the ??? for the Ix'Aern to pop. It (mostly the Qn'Aerns) gradually raped us all after we got Ix to 50%...
    No, you dont. That simply means someone in your XP PT was being retarded for a while and not checking the ???.

Not sure how the Qn'Aerns raped you though, the 2 RNG ones that pop with DRK are incredibly weak, they tend to miss even mages a large percentage of the time, and when they do hit, the damage is incredibly low. If they are a problem, just kill them and focus on the DRK. The DRK himself hits hard and fast, but has no HP at all. Couple skillchains should be all you need.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco
    No, you dont. That simply means someone in your XP PT was being retarded for a while and not checking the ???.
    QFT, whoever checked it and got the message "Menacing creatures appear out of no where!" was the one not paying attention that he got the animosity message.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Our PT was NIN/WAR, MNK/NIN, MNK/WAR, RDM/WHM, BRD/WHM, BLM/WHM...

Anyway, the NIN got the "sheer animosity" message. He checked the ??? and the mobs didn't pop. I got no message, but they finally popped when I checked the ???. I didn't get any messages in my chat log.

The two RNGs were hitting for 250+ each, and they were attacking like they had Loxley Bows.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I remember reading somewhere that this has a respawn time of a few hours BUT the ??? still pops up, you just won't get the message. It would make sense why some people have trouble getting this to pop.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Also the person who has HATE when the Aern is killed, is who will get the message, not who lands the killing blow. (Notice the person with hate and the person who land the killer blow can be one and the same...but not the other way around.)
    I'm not enitrely sure that is the case either, I received the message while playing THF. I'm usually not one to steal the enemy's attention if I can put it on someone instead.

The only thing I noticed was the fact that you could tell if the message was given to someone else by the wording after the ??? was clicked.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There is no spawn time on this, gotten the message twice in 30min. Same goes for Ix'DRG

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There is no spawn time on this, gotten the message twice in 30min. Same goes for Ix'DRG
    Can you tell me where you got MakeSeaNotGay.exe?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Can you tell me where you got MakeSeaNotGay.exe?
    Its a rar actually. It contains effort.exe, smarts.exe, luck.exe, limbusOwnsEverythingElseInFFXI.exe, patience.exe, and insanity.exe. Oh and a virus.

Well heres what i do that seems to work. First off make sure nobody is afk and near or in the square with the ???. 2nd after each mob killed everybody must check the ???. This is works alot easyer with a ally. Everytime that ive done this it has popped after we killed the 2nd mob.

As far as Drg i have a working idea on that one. I believe this is popped when you kill the aerns away from the square. I was in a blm party and gathered them all up tga3ed them and it popped first try. I havent backed this up yet though.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Suci
    As far as Drg i have a working idea on that one. I believe this is popped when you kill the aerns away from the square. I was in a blm party and gathered them all up tga3ed them and it popped first try. I havent backed this up yet though.
    I've actually noticed this too. Everytime we've had it pop we've had it pop afer killing an Aern pulled out of the center area, when we would kill directly in the center it never popped.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

40+ kills... nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Suci
    Most people pull them far out to avoid links. Being outside the square doesn't seem to help.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think he meant up on the ramp, we usually fight them down just outside the square.