Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SE Apollyon     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Demosthenes11

SE Apollyon

So i just unlocked sea and am looking for some fun and figured solo limbus might be a good place to start. Only thing is, I know nothing about limbus. I was told SE Apollyon is the place to go, and so I have been doing a bit of research there and have a few questions

Which sub do I use? (blm for sleepga or nin as usual)
    How difficult is it?
    Would I straight up fight them or nuke/sleep/kite?
    Also any strats would be a big help ^^

Thanks

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

First floor is slimes and very weak to slashing, and peircing does pretty decent damage as well. I static SE as a WHM, with a NIN and a THF. We usually turn up about 8 coins a run. If i had RDM sub leveled, we could prolly turn up a few more.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Isn't anything but NIN/WAR autofail solo in SE?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Priran
    Isn't anything but NIN/WAR autofail solo in SE?
    Thf/nin can solo just as well if not better. If thf makes it to 2nd floor they get to use their main weapons for crabs.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Why would you static for 8 coins a run

because some ppl split coins per run which comes to like 3-4 coins a run.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

/shrug I have an 8 person static that full clears NE and SE when we go, we average 55-60ish coins per run and one person gets all the coins until they're done with their upgrade. Get 2-3 items/upgrades done a week, it's nice.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

We do runs and get 2-6 coins per person each run, and pretty consistent even with 7-11 people varying each run. The 2 is if we get horrible luck cause of someone being stupid or get owned on chests, but we all just split coins even. Of course, someone inevitably gets to 50 or so coins and borrows the last 25-30 so it is much of the same.

SE Apollyon is very nice for an RDM with a Joy I would think, I would go rdm/nin and just tear into the slimes. Because Joyeuse is also a piercing weapon and not slashing like most swords, it works on the crabs on the 2nd floor too, so you might be able to get the 2 done if you're fast and pretty lucky.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Problem with rdm soloing Floor 1 of SE Apollyon is those slimes hurt. 2-300 a swing on a non-pld, Fluid Spread is AOE and can one-shot mages through stoneskin, takes 1-3 shadows to absorb. Would be hard to keep shadows up and survive as a rdm on slime floor. Once they get to crabs I don't see any problems, crabs hit me thf for like 100 lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I duo SE Apollyon (RDM + BLM). We get 8 - 11 coins per run. It's not the fastest way to get coins, but I like going in small numbers. A quick in-and-out 1 hr total, and no hassle waiting for people to gather together.

If you're wondering, we can clear the first floor, and kill 5 out of the 8 crabs on the second floor. If everything goes perfectly, we can kill 6 crabs out of the 8.

Solo might be possible, I never tried it on my RDM. But it makes life a lot easier if you find someone else to go with. Heck, I'm considering looking for a third blm (or a nin) to static with, so we can clear the 2nd level and get another treasure chest.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

i dont think rdm/whatever can solo SE first floor.

the best job to solo SE is nin/thf, i averge 9 or 10 coins per run as nin/thf with taking no dmg at all.

thf/nin might be able to solo SE first floor, but not as easy as nin.

Solo it all the time as NIN/WAR.
    Average about 8 coins per and usually about 5 mins left over after killing the Boss of the floor.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

solo SE is nin/thf, i averge 9 or 10 coins per run as nin/thf with taking no dmg at all.
    Is the 9-10 coins from the first floor alone? or... how many crabs can you kill on the second floor?
    (I'm wondering, because I'm considering duoing it with RDM/THF instead of /BLM. Kill one less crab, but get more coins with TH1)

Friend and I going to start trying to duo this, was wondering would nin + brd be better or nin + whm?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus
    Friend and I going to start trying to duo this, was wondering would nin + brd be better or nin + whm?
    NIN/WAR and WHM/BRD

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistandantilus
    NIN/WAR and WHM/BRD
    Hmm why /brd? Also wouldn't Nin/Thf be better for drop rates? Whole point is just to farm coins.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Me as thf/nin and my buddy as blm/rdm can clear 2nd floor and attempt the boss in time. We have a Limbus LS so can't do it often. But we also have good gear and tons of merits (81 me, like 118 him lol).

Nin has an easier time on the first floor because marksmanship sucks on slimes and nin's can debuff. But 2nd floor thief owns nin hardcore. Crabs are weak to piercing and take no katana damage. Once my buddy and I get to crabs we just tear it apart, slimes are only real issue and can definately throw us off on time.

I'd duo as nin/war and whm/thf. Nin can do great damage from having double attack, berserk, etc. and you still get TH.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I've heard SAM/NIN and WHM can do pretty well there. Polearm for piercing and katana for slashing. My polearm skill is gimp so I can't try it for myself. :/

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

From what I've seen/heard, TH helps a lot with coin drop rate.

That being said, I've only done this once solo as NIN/THF, cleared the first floor pretty comfortably time-wise, although there were a few close calls due to carelessness. Ended up with 9 coins(5/8 slimes dropped, 4 in chest iirc). Also, a flee macro to hit and run when you're out of shadows helps a lot. I brought a bunch of hi-pots, and I suggest you do the same until you get used to the course.

Most of the people that go NIN/WAR report only getting 6~7 coins average.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To OP: How are you going to solo the card NM?