+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post-Expansion Economy     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Post-Expansion Economy

I've been wondering what people think might happen to the FFXI economy post-expansion. Mainly from the perspective of items vs. gil.

Is the general consensus to try and have your assets as liquid as possible prior to the release or is it to just buy up items and hope for appreciation?

What worries me is that SE will release some comparable items to Hauby, SH, Sniper's, etc, etc... that cause the value of those items to drop. Obviously, having gil in these situations would be ideal because you wouldn't be affected as much.

Meh... hope this isn't too noob-ish. I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all my shit before 04/18.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sell!

put all your money in mid level rare or HQ synthed items that will be used for new jobs

astral earring, serket ring, royal's cloak, sniper ring +1, scorp harness+1, strider boots, speed belt, etc

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

If you look at Square Enix's track record of making old gear obsolete with the addition of new gear its pretty bad. Keep your hauby, SH, byrnie, etc. If more people come to the game like Square Enix is hoping, those will go up in value. Im sure prices will not change very much, and if they do they will go up.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sell your silk now!

When xbox is introduced, the price will drop like a rock!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega
    If you look at Square Enix's track record of making old gear obsolete with the addition of new gear its pretty bad. Keep your hauby, SH, byrnie, etc. If more people come to the game like Square Enix is hoping, those will go up in value. Im sure prices will not change very much, and if they do they will go up.
    The odds of Square-Enix introducing equipment that will compete with haub/SH/verm are slim to nil.

The odds of Square-Enix introducing shitty enchanted equipment like Sultan's Belt and Healing Harness: 100%

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm kinda curious to see if they will add jobs to certain armor or make totally new sets of armor for the new jobs.

E. Body
    BG Level

The odds of blue mage, corsair and puppetmaster needing scorpion harness/haublahblah to level are slim. Maybe puppet will use harness but I don't think haublahblah will be in high demand for the new jobs, so don't bother getting yourself one of those. Vermy will prolly be good for blue mage but unuseable/not needed for the rest.

Banned.

BG Level

haub/SH/verm
    Save verm, they already have? Actually... they added Relic after verm. So um...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Sell your silk now!

When xbox is introduced, the price will drop like a rock!
    For some reason... this thought slipped my mind. I would guess any item that can be farmed easily by anyone <lvl30 will end up hitting rock bottom.

Maybe now freakin' oils and powders will be affordable again... lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    The odds of Square-Enix introducing shitty enchanted equipment like Sultan's Belt and Healing Harness: 100%
    Fact.

Though they are going to add something new that makes {expensive/rare item} obsolete. I wonder what's going on the chopping block...

Comedy option: Kclub is now rare/ex

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Aegishjalmr
    HP+25 MND-7 CHR-7 Enmity+7

Hydra Salade
    HP-20 MP+20 Accuracy+5 Enmity+7

Bahamut Mask
    Enhances "Dragon Killer" effect Enmity+8

I dont know any paladin that would wear something -hp +mp, but the Bahamut Mask seems like a pretty strong upgrade to Aegishjalmr. Maybe just the beginning, only time will tell.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    The odds of Square-Enix introducing equipment that will compete with haub/SH/verm are slim to nil.

Win.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

people forget that the german armor, noct gear, and seers set were products of the CoP expansion, possibly the best things added to the game for leveling warriors, paladins, rangers, thiefs, whms, blms, and smn.
    yes it was 30 cap gear for the promys, but it was none the less exceptional gear for its level, higher level stuff will stay the same, but damn if having those 3 sets of gear in storage hasnt made leveling up a lot of jobs and doing ENMs a piece of cake

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    people forget that the german armor, noct gear, and seers set were products of the CoP expansion, possibly the best things added to the game for leveling warriors, paladins, rangers, thiefs, whms, blms, and smn.
    yes it was 30 cap gear for the promys, but it was none the less exceptional gear for its level, higher level stuff will stay the same, but damn if having those 3 sets of gear in storage hasnt made leveling up a lot of jobs and doing ENMs a piece of cake
    agreed

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by JerseySnD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    agreed
    That sig is blasphemy..

There is only one king! http://jaby.livejournal.com/profile

Old Merits
    BG Level

There are a couple areas with poor itemization though that SE really should address.

Melee WAR and BST body item (aka an adaman alternative, at least something better than a hauberk)

RNG (be nice to get some new gear after the nerf, and there really hasn't been anything obtainable and new since af2 (unless you really like antlions))

MNK No real new melee armor since af2 release (besides bahamut hose).

Level 60 rare/ex haubergeon alternative.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

+movement speed for samurais.

dammit.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Don't they all sub thief anyway?

netz

nowai

I use WAR about as often.