BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Heliodromos is a 21-24h, standard stuff. He just pops 3 at once.
    Heliodromos is 12-15 hour pop dependent on the three Hippogryphs on the island - if one is killed the timer resets. I killed these every single day for a few weeks with a total of 3-4 people and made a fortune.
    Well for us it popped once@21:30 and once @23. Must have just been one hell of a coincidence.

Just wondering, did you ever get 3 mtn gaiters drops? We've only had up to 2
    We only fought them after they had their drop rate nerfed so, no, the most we ever got was two in one killing. By the time we stopped we were about 45% on drops.

And that coincidence is likely JP's killing them during your downtime. If you think that's unlikely just remember it only takes an idiot zoning them to reset the timer.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymon
    I saw Bloody Vrukwuk in 04 and killed it and got nothing, never seen it again.
    I've never even heard of this guy...where's he at and what's he supposed to drop?
    Bloody Vrukwuk along with Fogweaver Mozzfezz are two Orc NM that pop near Warchief Vatgit in Ghelsba Outpost, they're around level 14 and have no confirmed drops. No one knows how they pop, and have rarely ever been seen. Mostly are just found up unclaimed after updates, never other than that.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Leaping Lizzy

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I used to hunt these along with boroka for the better part of 9 months. I can definitely say the drop rate on mountain gaiters was nerfed. In around 6 months we only had 2 occurances of not getting a pair of boots, but then a patch came and we walked away with nothing at least 50% of the time.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Azshara

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Back to the OPs discussion, anyone know the pop conditions of Stubborn Dredvodd on the Phanauet Channel? I know it says 21-24, but I've had a friend who's been camping it, and he cant find him. Any chance there's something else to it?
    I don't know what his pop condition is but many people have confirmed that he definitly is not 21-24 due to staying around for 24 hours+ and not having seen him.

I actually killed him before any site had him listed, we have no clue what he dropped. Turns out the only thing he didn't drop was the ring -_-
    I've fought this guy 3 times and 3/3 on ring, sadly he wasnt the nm i was after. I was trying to get Nokizaru Hakama ToD lol. The pops seem close to 21-24 only spawns from South landing > North landing trip so maybe he can miss and push it to 48 even?

Edit: A Friend of mine claims if you dont kill him he'll Depop and timer resets, also It may have to be clear weather since thats pop Conditions for Nokizaru NM

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I guess the silence speaks to Defoliate Leshy not having been seen. Evidently, JPs haven't seen him either (or the Wolfman) since their pages tend to list the spawn conditions as blank for both.

I'm curious about encounter rates of these rare monsters, like how often they are sighted or mentioned as being sighted on forums like this or other forums considered banes, the valkurm dunes of FFXI forums, which members of this forum may venture to every now and then, keeping an eye out for the aggro, because the morons link.

I'll lay down the list. I'd be curious to know which one(s) are the least seen.
    Rose Garden
    Voluptuous Vilma
    Colorful Leshy
    Defoliate Leshy (obviously a sighting rate of 0 in months and months)
    Snow Maiden
    Father Frost
    Heliodromos (sounds like this "don't kill the placeholder" NM is seen once every day or every other day at least)
    Noble Mold
    Goblin Wolfman (sounds like he's only been seen once a looooong time ago)
    Bloody Vrukwuk
    Fogweaver Mossfuzz (so he's as rare as BVruk?)
    Any others anyone can think of that are rare?

The easiest proof that D. Leshy and the Wolfman haven't been seen are if Heims Earring and Parade Gorget don't turn up anywhere.

Those 2 Orcs seem pretty strange. They've been in the game since 2002, yet either were more active and had their spawn rate nerfed or something.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Vilma

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone got links that have pics of these NMs?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Vilma
    But we know how to pop it, so is it that rare?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Vilma
    But we know how to pop it, so is it that rare?
    Sure we know how to pop it, but the odds of it actually happening are nigh impossible ._.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

actually now that im thinking about it, ive killed fatherfrost before, running through he was up one time

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rarest monster in the game is a decent DRK or DRG

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Defoliate and Wolfman are the most rare.

Vilma and Rose Garden have been both killed before, the 2 Orc NM are seen up once a few months or so.. Heliodromos' pop is known, Father Frost is seen every once in a while or so..

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The problem with Vilma is the fact its in such a high traffic area. People see an NM on their way to XP party to Yhoator Jungle and they tell their friends or go back and kill it. Rose Garden, not so rare. Vilma... non-existant.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've heard from, well can't remember where it was from, but that the Leshys are used for XP in Lufaise, explaining why Colorful Leshy is rare enough as is, let alone Defoliate Leshy.

How rare is Taisaijin (I forgot about it)?

I remember some pic of Vilma was posted from someone who was playing on Atomos during a Ballista semi-final (they left some city, I think Jeuno, took the airship, and went there. They got in trouble and almost disqualified the team. I checked the name, and it did match to one of the members of a Royale team).

Once every few months, it sounds like those Orcs are only seen shortly after updates. Can anyone think of an explanation to explain their bizarre pop/not appear for a long time behavior? The only one I can think of is SE gave them spawn times kind of like the fake NM Fazasher Death Weapon.

Heliodromos' are on a 14-16 hour cycle, Noble Mold, if I recall, was keyed into the weather + the placeholder and I think that was supposed to be a 2 day span once every 2 weeks with leaving the placeholder alone for 21-24 hours. Were most of the others (SM, FF, Taisaijin, C Leshy, RG, VV) also on 21-24 hours of leaving the placeholder alone timers?

And if SE wanted to make a monster that was never seen (well, never seen outside Atomos or Chocobo), they can make a "don't kill the placeholder" NM which pops off of the common monsters for levelling in Valkurm Dunes, though it seems like they were already successful with D. Leshy and the Wolfman.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The ONLY time Vilma has been seen was when some dude left Jeuno durring Ballista Royale (how he was able to leave jeuno, but my friends whos characters were randomly copied over with zero ballista gear werent able to leave jeuno is beyond me).

Shit that goes down on Atomos does not count in regards to this topic.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I was AFK at Taisaijin spot the other day. A JP WHM came through, killed all three Taisai, /cheer'd me, and warped away.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alina
    I was AFK at Taisaijin spot the other day. A JP WHM came through, killed all three Taisai, /cheer'd me, and warped away.
    Yeah Alout in UDF did that to me just a couple weeks ago, except without the cheering. Instead, when I questioned him, he simply acted like he didn't speak any english.

GG.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Alout is JP ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast