Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Advice Please Help me out!

Hello all. First post x.x Anyways, my HNMLS finally decided to take on our first wyrm last Sunday. We had a general strategy, but it was a little unclear to most since the majority of our members are inexperienced in fighting wyrms and such. We attempted Jormungand and failed, twice. The first go around, it was a mess. We had to have 2 Ninjas tank because of the lack of active PLD's in our LS atm, and the NIN's could not hold hate against SMN's BP'ing and healers. Second go around was a bit more stable, but then we got him to 94% and lost it once he started spamming Gregale Wing (sp) and such. We reviewed what happend and know that PLD tanks are a must for hate control. I also think that SMN's did not wait long enough to start BP'ing so that NIN's could build up hate. So my question is: anyone have any advice or strategies that would be helpful in us taking down this beast? And what would be the ideal main alliance setup for the fight? Figured I would post here since many have lots of experience with wyrm fights. You're help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NINs work just fine on Jorm <.< Seriously if your tanks are losing hate to SMN BPs.... something is wrong.

We did Jorm last friday, maybe around 28 people by the end. Had melees building TP on ice elementals to SA Jorm (if hate was good, otherwise TA the tanks). I huge part of Jorm (speaking of Jorm himself, adds is a whole 'nother matter) is being able to stun his Blizzagas, and being able to handle para really fast. If the tanks can hold hate well you can have most of the ally off to the side of Jorm, out of range of his -agas and Sleet Blast (though Wing and Touchdown will still hit them).

We had kind of low numbers (only 13 or so in main ally at start) by the end of the fight our ally was something like..

PLD
    NIN
    BRD
    RDM
    WHM
    WHM

BLM
    BLM
    BLM
    RDM
    Melee
    Melee

SMN
    SMN
    SMN
    SMN
    RDM
    SAM/THF (stayed in for TA for most of the fight)

Granted we're not the most expeirenced at killing Jorm (was only our 2nd kill, 3rd attempt overall, 2 days earlier during roar spam he spike flailed at 8% )

Yea we kinda had an issue stunning the Blizzga's on him. They are very fast and hard to spot if you are not focused. I read an earlier thread about wyrms that says to keep mages out of AoE range, which we did not do. We had everyone in alliance + outside healers standing at his feet which is big mistake He let off a Blizzaga III + Gregale Wing (sp) almost consecutively, along with the AoE when he hits the ground, which pretty much spelled Doom for us. Thanks for the comments.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura