Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

I need a nice picture of Vana'diel

I mean a (good looking) map, like region map(Quon and Mindartia), but without all the crap written on it. Thanks.

Re: I need a nice picture of Vana'diel

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I mean a (good looking) map, like region map(Quon and Mindartia), but without all the crap written on it. Thanks.
    I have an artists rendition of it (Amano.) It's kinda of artsy..but let me know if you want it scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    I have an artists rendition of it (Amano.) It's kinda of artsy..but let me know if you want it scanned.
    I would like to see it. It sounds like a good drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Yea I have that also, the one that came with the soundtrack? if its the same one, its amazing...

Ok, well I scanned it, it's broken up into four big pieces, I also made a combination pic of all four halfassed put together to show how they fit. Sorry it's not done all that well, its hard to make them small pics and still capture the detail of it all. (sorry about breaking the tables)

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5...nocombo4zq.jpg

If anyone knows where I can host 2MEG pictures for free or something, let me know. I can show you each individual picture in its full detail, they're really pretty amazing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I can host them on school webspace for you. Email them to me?

Edit: BRP, I'll poke Map ingame for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    I can host them on school webspace for you. Email them to me?

Edit: BRP, I'll poke Map ingame for you.
    What's your Email Address? Meantime Imma see if there's a way I can host em.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

PM'd it to you. Sorry, I thought it was in my profile heh.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

FFXI Atlas ftw.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Map!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I guess in a more relevant post, go to Playonline.com, and on the left tab choose "Locations." Then pick two locations such as
    and .
    Merge the two picture together in such a way that you edit out the ugly arrow and BAM, you got yourself a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Map
    I guess in a more relevant post, go to Playonline.com, and on the left tab choose "Locations." Then pick two locations such as
    and .
    Merge the two picture together in such a way that you edit out the ugly arrow and BAM, you got yourself a map.
    All of your posts yet are welcomed.

Thank you for not being like the other 21030582308new people around here. >.>;

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Banned.

BG Level

Thanks Waf. I think I'll just take out Tu'Lia and it will be good. Thanks everyone for replies, save the guy who linked me to Transworld.

I'd really like to know how those maps scale. Quon being the size of England or Africa, you don't know.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks Waf. I think I'll just take out Tu'Lia and it will be good. Thanks everyone for replies, save the guy who linked me to Transworld.

I'd really like to know how those maps scale. Quon being the size of England or Africa, you don't know.
    It is kind of hard to guess how much of the world the two continents take up. Looking down from the Empyreal Paradox, I would guess that they take up less than a hemisphere; together they are possibly the size of North America, maybe a little larger.

But there is still a lot of unexplored area in Vana'diel.

Banned.

BG Level

Love how SE doens't say anything about the towns and villages... neither nations(within Quon and Mindartia) that might have existed before the Great War. We are just now learning of the actual tribes of Elvaan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Much much smaller than England, actually.

Think about how long it takes you to walk from Bastok to Uleguerand Range. Now think about how long it would take to walk from London to the coast overlooking the Orkney Islands.

You can't really use the faster flow of time in-game as an explanation, either. While Vana'diel uses different definitions of time than we do, it still operates in the same "temporal plane" as we do, not an accelerated one.

How do we know? If an activity that takes your character one game-day would take you one real day to actually do it yourself in real life, then we should see all actions accelerated the same way. However, our walk/run speed feels "normal" in relation to IRL time, not game time, as does attacking, emotes, etc. So unless you think that your character (if he were brought into the real world) would only attack once per minute or two, or that his bows would last 2 minutes, or that he would run impossibly slow, then I think its safe to assume Vana'diel time is not meant to represent an accelerated real time. Instead, time passes in Vana'diel at the same rate as it does IRL, only they just define their hours and minutes differently than we do. Probably because their planet spins 24x as fast as Earth.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

In analyzing the size of Vana'diel in relation to flow of ingame time, I don't think it's relevant to bring up attack speed and emotes. These actions happen in sync with earth time for a reason: the game wouldn't be fun/playable if they were 25x normal speed.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just measure how much game time it takes to run from Windy to Jeuno.