Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Limbus & Metal Chip     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Limbus & Metal Chip

anyone tested Temenos & Apollyon Metal Chip routes?
    what are the mobs exatly? any Boss? any unique drops?

plz provide any information that you know.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I did the Aern one, summoners with elemental out can instant summon (an avatar) astral flow ala ZM4, so... yeah, tp them at 50% HP even if elemental is asleep, basically turned my run into a complete waste.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

It's not really worth it. The entire Limbus is comprised of Aerns and each one 2hours. On top of that each always reraises and has the ability to use their 2hour again (MNKs and NINs are a pain in the ass). Oh yea, enjoy the multiple reraises.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Has anyone killed or seen Temenos Grah in there yet? It could possibly drop the final chest with maybe multiple chips for Proto-Ultima?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

My LS bought 2 metal chips for this (I was outvoted), and it has not been worth it, unless someone finds out that the end prize, like, drops 50 coins and 1 of each AF+1 item.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well... if you can get good at it, you will get a shitton of coins it seems. Reraising Aerns? Holeeshit. That is even better if A) they dont aggro (meh I can dream) and B) The specific job aern is always in the same place so you can kill the easy ones

My Limbus group did the Temenos basement last night. We didn't buy the chip, one loaded in a chest from a run we did. The aerns come grouped together in different rooms, we saw as few as 2 or as many as 5 grouped together. We killed maybe 4~6 groups (I can't recall how many exactly).

You start off with 15 min, and one of the aerns in most of the groups will give you a 5 min time extension. I think 2 of the groups we killed didn't give time. They don't always reraise either; I'd say they RR about 80% of the time. If they do reraise, they can use their 2H ability again. Towards the end I ran around to see if I could find the Temenos Ghrah that's in the .dat files, but I didn't see it anywhere. Either I didn't know where to look, or it spawns after they all die.

They seemed to give 1 coin the first time they die, 2 or 3 coins after reraise, but we didn't have a THF (I don't think we even had /thf) but I'm not sure if that makes a difference anyway.

We did Apollyon the other day and quite frankly it was a fucking blast. After wiping and getting our asses handed to us, however, we figured out how it works and we think it is very easily winnable next time.

When you enter, you are in Proto-Omegas area. Small yea? There are 3 sets of beastmen. Orcs on the left, Yags on the right, and Quadavs in the back/center. Each set has a big beastman in the center (obviously the NM) surrounded by 3 small NMs. All 3 small beastmen have linked hate with the NM. Moreover, each type of beastman is very strong against one type of weapon (the orcs are strong against piercing, for example).

Our strategy was to sleep everything and focus on killing the small mobs first and we'd kill the NM when all the small ones were dead. This worked great, until we realized that he respawns the small ones. So, the real strategy is to keep all the small ones slept and kill the big one. Then kill the 3 small ones.

There's a catch though. You start the zone with 15 minutes. For each NM that dies you get a 5 minute TE. However, every 5 minutes that pass another set of beastmen aggroes automatically (this ceases to be the case after a wipe). We pulled the orcs first, and as soon as we saw "There are 10 minutes remaining in Limbus." here come 4 Yags out of nowhere. We wiped at that point and it took us quite a while to get back up. But we did, killed the orcs using the new strategy and got a 5 minute TE. Then killed the yags reather easily as well, but just didn't have enough time to get to the quads. If you go in prepared and you know what's going to happen Apollyon Basement should be a total breeze and people can finally figure out what the drops at the end are.

Black Belt
    BG Level

nice outline.

maybe people will be more interested to do it now. we have a Metal Chip lying around and nobody really cares.

most everybody still prefers working towards the next Ultima/Omega pop set.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just wondering what their magic resistance is like and how many coins each one drop. My LS doesn't want to spend coins on a metal chip but if we ever got one in a chest I wanted us to try out one of the zones.

Apparently in the beastmen metal chip zone, damage types are important (blunt slashing piercing) so take a mix of thf, rng, mnk, etc.

The strategy I've heard for maximum coinage is to kill off 2 of the NMs, and then hold the 3rd nm while farming his spawned mobs for coins.

Still, with a maximum of only 25 minutes, I can't see this zone being worth it unless you have a metal chip lying around.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    The strategy I've heard for maximum coinage is to kill off 2 of the NMs, and then hold the 3rd nm while farming his spawned mobs for coins.
    that sounds like it came from a group that's cleared it completely. is there a box (and what was in it)?

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Apparently in the beastmen metal chip zone, damage types are important (blunt slashing piercing) so take a mix of thf, rng, mnk, etc.

Still, with a maximum of only 25 minutes, I can't see this zone being worth it unless you have a metal chip lying around.
    Depends. If you open the crate and find a Brutal Earring, i'd beg to differ

Any clue what the Yagudo and the Quadavs are strong against?

My LS has a Metal Chip laying around, and we're planning to do this sometime soon. Most likely going to do Apollyon, since it seems to be the easiest of the two.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    Any clue what the Yagudo and the Quadavs are strong against?

My LS has a Metal Chip laying around, and we're planning to do this sometime soon. Most likely going to do Apollyon, since it seems to be the easiest of the two.

Thanks.
    We never fought the Quads, and no clue about the Yags. But Yags are NOT strong against piercing. I'd guess that one type of damage is weak against each set of mobs. That would mean:

Orcs: Strong against piercing
    Yags: Strong against (slashing or blunt)
    Quads: Strong against (slashing or blunt)

But Yags and Quads will each be strong against a different weapon. So one will be strong vs. slashing, the other will be strong vs. blunt.

PS: By "strong against" i mean "so strong that your melees who are using that weapon should disengage and stay away from the mob", no point giving them so much unnecessary TP

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=111730

yags weak to blunt
    orcs resist blunt and piercing, logically they should be weak to slashing
    quads, by deduction, should be weak to piercing.

Looks like each mob type resists 2 types of damage 50%, and is weak to the 3rd.

The Beastmen NMs have 2 sets of mobs they can spawn. If you kill off the second set, they spawn the first set again.

* Na'Qba Chirurgeon (Quadav, WHM, positioned directly north)
    Round 1: Wootz (DRK), Fossil (WAR), and Star Ruby (RDM)
    Round 2: Whitegold (THF), Lightsteel (PLD), and Star Sapphire (BLM)

* Carnagechief Jackbodokk (Orc, PLD, positioned northwest)
    Round 1: Neckchopper (DRK), Footsoldier (WAR), Mesmerizer (BLM)
    Round 2: Predator (RNG), Grappler (MNK), Impaler (DRG)

* Doo Wapa the Desolator (Yagudo, SMN, positioned northeast)
    Round 1: Knight Templer (SAM), Archpriest (WHM), Disciplinant (MNK)
    Round 2: Kapellmeister (BRD), Prelatess (BLM), Eradicator (NIN)

My suggestion would be to farm the Quadavs, for a few reasons:
    - none of the jobs spawned by the quadav are particularly dangerous
    - the quadav NM is whm, so you have to kill him twice because of benediction. Since the other beastmen NMs are on timed aggro, he could be annoying.
    - quadavs don't have sweep or battle dance, both annoying AoE skills. They're also typically weak to thunder, and apparently "take 100% damage from nukes)", whereas the other 2 types resist nukes.

If you pull orcs first, yags aggro next, according to an above post. Therefore the aggro order, similar to promyvion-vahzl bcnm, is like
    Quadav->Orc->Yagudo->

My suggested strategy:
    - Pull the Orc NM, sleep everything, take out the BLM and then WAR. Keep the DRK slept. Kill the NM (PLD). Kill the DRK.
    - When the Yagudo NM comes, sleep everything, kill the MNK, kill the SAM, keep the WHM slept. Kill the NM. Kill the WHM.
    - When the Quadavs aggro, sleep the NM. Take out the mobs in this order: RDM, WAR, DRK, (more spawn), BLM, THF, PLD. (Keeping the PLD and DRK until the last kill of the wave gives your mages aspir targets). When you decide to kill the NM, make sure the current wave has only 1 mob left to reduce benediction chaos.

Apparently the group above cleared the area and no, no ridill in the final box, so blah.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good info Aurik, thanks for braving KI for us, though I disagree about always doing the Quads to farm. I'd actually say that both the Quads and Orcs are pretty safe and should be chosen on the basis of what jobs you bring. I particularly like the idea of orcs first because you get the easiest to kill but most dangerous first instead of a possible mid-battle aggro to wipe you. Battle dance isn't so bad and is actually a joke with blink equipped melee. The MNKs it spawns should be no problem (assuming your group has been to Dynamis before...). Plus, PLDs are harder to kill than WHMs and the big mob is probably going to already be pretty hard, so why not make the hardest mob to kill in the limbus the one you don't kill? WHMs also tend to cause more shenanigans than PLDs. Makes sense to me.

I can't suggest saving the Yagudos though. SAM can be deadly if it sweeps twice or three times and NIN...well NIN is just crazy of course.

very nice info, but did anyone cleared any of Metal Chip routes?
    any special items may drop?

The group Aurik talked about has cleared it, and nothing special dropped.

I'm curious if any group has cleared the Temenos run though, there's very little information available about that area in comparison to the Apollyon run.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

THe Aern one actually had a really good drop rate, and everything was very managable, up until the Astral flow. if we get another grey chip I'd want to try it again, just being a bit more careful with the smns, you can't afford to wipe with that time limit.