Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Waking the Beast Repeat?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Waking the Beast Repeat?

Just started working on my 2nd run through the waking the beast quest to see if repeating it yields anything. Carbuncle has new CS at la theine plateau saying he wants us to siphon more power, and the avatars seem to have slightly modified chat for the regular fights (not connected, I just do them for friends sometimes) I'm wondering if anyone here has done the ubers and then carbuncle more than that one time so far. In particular i'm looking for information on if anyone has gotten one of the last 2 titles in the .datfiles for finishing this quest since I know one is from answering carbuncles question with yes, and one from no.

# Confronter of Nightmares
    # Disturber of Slumber
    # Interrupter of Dreams
    # Nightmare Awakener

and of course, I want to know what happens when you finally wake up carbuncles friend.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have Interrupter of Dreams, but I only did this once. Everyone else I did it with has Disturber of Slumber.

I want to be Wet Dreamer

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Someone posted before that they got Confronter of Nightmares from touching trail markings after beating dynamis - tav.

Logically, Nightmare Awakener then would be the killshot title for dynamis diabolos.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyl
    I want to be Wet Dreamer
    oh wow...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I only did it once so far, I started collecting all the eyes again (eye of tides etc) to try and help a friend get it cleared but it's a lenghty thing collecting them all again..
    I forgot what I answered carby last time, I think whatever sounded more likely to give me my carby's pole, I think i got disturber of dreams maybe, i'll have to check.

The dialogue at la'theine was slightly different which made sense to explain why you would redo it over and him kinda apologizing for being a S.O.B. (star oninon brigader?) and trying to kill you so viciously..

The ones at the cloisters seemed the same to me though...
    I will try to pay attention to the dialogues again especially if i get to the carby BC again, and I will definitely choose the other option this time, we'll see.

It would be cool if it gave different rewards each time because redoing all those 18man cloister fights is a huge pain.. But then again I did all options in things like the bait and switch quests and have not been able to choose the ??? option yet (I really hope next conquest I will be able to, and it better be worth it!)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by genome
    It would be cool if it gave different rewards each time because redoing all those 18man cloister fights is a huge pain.. But then again I did all options in things like the bait and switch quests and have not been able to choose the ??? option yet (I really hope next conquest I will be able to, and it better be worth it!)
    Speaking of Bait and Switch, I did my 6th run-through on Sunday, only the ??? option remains undone for me. We shall see if I can use that option on Sunday.

Also, my Bastok mule was able to get Bait and Switch, so that kills the hope that it has something to do with NPC Fellows. (But at least I can get a free Hermes Quencher every week.)

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Speaking of Bait and Switch, I did my 6th run-through on Sunday, only the ??? option remains undone for me. We shall see if I can use that option on Sunday.

Also, my Bastok mule was able to get Bait and Switch, so that kills the hope that it has something to do with NPC Fellows. (But at least I can get a free Hermes Quencher every week.)
    Congratulations for 30 seconds of flee per week?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

To the people who did all the bait and switch choices, did you actually use the items during the quest? For most of them, you don't have to. But if you do use them, you get an extra scene at the end of it (having the leadguardsman quit his job, or inspiring some elf to become a bard).

Just wondering if you have to do them all AND actually use the item each time too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice

To the people who did all the bait and switch choices, did you actually use the items during the quest? For most of them, you don't have to. But if you do use them, you get an extra scene at the end of it (having the leadguardsman quit his job, or inspiring some elf to become a bard).

Just wondering if you have to do them all AND actually use the item each time too.
    used the item because of the extra cutscenes (e.g, used ID, harp, etc) where it made sense. But again I won't know until next conquest if i can get the ??? choice after all the choices. Also from the story it almost seemed like there was some order in which to pick choices, for example the bard's choice, and later the quest starts with the taru disguised as a bard instead etc...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I haven't really kept up with any of the info for "Waking the Beast" so I was wondering if there's any more info on choosing which weapon you actually want from it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    I haven't really kept up with any of the info for "Waking the Beast" so I was wondering if there's any more info on choosing which weapon you actually want from it.
    I haven't heard about anyone doing this quest a second time. I haven't attempted getting people to go for another round yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    I haven't heard about anyone doing this quest a second time. I haven't attempted getting people to go for another round yet.
    Let's get some people and go again. Part of me is pessimistic and says that repeating the quest is just to get a fresh carby pole after using your charges and that he'll tell me to "come back later after I've sorted my inventory" because I still have my pole. But then again, he might give me something different.

Never know.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh noes the laughing man!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You don't choose. You get fire clusters etc from beating each of the 6 18man avatar fights, then when you win Carbuncle's BC in fullmoonfountain a couple of the avatar's weapons will drop in treasure pool. I had like 2 shiva shotel, ramuh's whatever, and 2 carbuncle gloves (not mitts). So you have to cast lots etc. After that you go talk to carbuncle in latheine and then each person gets his own carbuncle's pole, a really nice weapon imo.
    I also think repeating it will just give you another pole with 30 fresh charges. (not 100% sure though of course)

Btw anybody used a charge on it to see how much HP it restores?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You don't choose. You get fire clusters etc from beating each of the 6 18man avatar fights, then when you win Carbuncle's BC in fullmoonfountain a couple of the avatar's weapons will drop in treasure pool. I had like 2 shiva shotel, ramuh's whatever, and 2 carbuncle gloves (not mitts). So you have to cast lots etc. After that you go talk to carbuncle in latheine and then each person gets his own carbuncle's pole, a really nice weapon imo.
    I also think repeating it will just give you another pole with 30 fresh charges. (not 100% sure though of course)

Btw anybody used a charge on it to see how much HP it restores?
    164hp healed for 1 charge, not sure if that varies depending on anything though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks for the info, btw i like your avatar image, but I think it might have been hacked by the laughing man from GITS-SAC..

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

My Pole restored 152 hp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

maybe it's based on % of hp? or moon phase, or lightsday vs darksday..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast