Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Be pissed about Maxx on other subjects if you want, but he's entirely correct when it comes to this topic. You guys complain about useless non-endgame topics, and this is one posted hours after the same useless topic had already been thoroughly discussed. Sure he's being holier-then-thou but only to the extent that everyone always is and has been expected to be @BG when someone makes a topic that noone wants to read, or just read simply hours ago 10 topics below.

Quote Originally Posted by A Smart Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    QFT

Too bad its just people are bandwagoning against me for suggesting CoP dynamis and sea arent so bad ;(
    Because generally no one agrees with you yet you keep trying to push your opinions. So you like sea. We heard you the first time.

Oh, and you're wrong, but you're right this time.

Like I already said, I did a search and didn't find any topics specifically for this info... So I figured this hadn't been posted anywhere. I realise there's a topic a little further down, but I guess I didn't realise it had been posted there.

Sorry ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Dude, this entire board is full of holier than thou attitudes. You ALL go all holier than thou when I say something like Dyna-Tav might not be so bad. Half the time you guys put me on the defensive. Give me a motherfucking break. Increasing the res beyond normal is something I've seen so many times, im sick of it. Its especially annoying when its not put in the existing, current thread you can put it in.
    NEWS FLASH

These aren't -your- forums and are not here to benefit -you-.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Didn't someone mention that give Maxx few posts and he's gonna act like he's the post king around here and attempt to run these forums?

Where's that man? I want to shake his hand.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    There's no doubt that there are many good things to be had from sea and CoP dynamis -- IF ONLY THEY'D FUCKING DROP THEM.

The only thing comparable in frustration and time expended is the Zilart king HNM, but they're at least guaranteed to drop something every time you engage them. Spend a month on JoL pops, no guarantee you'll get anything but a halberd. If you make it that far. Kill Xolotl daily 3 weeks in a row and you'll be lucky to walk away with 5 zoolater hats and maybe 1 bandomusha kote. Win Dynamis-Tavnazia, get a 3 line cutscene as your reward. Beat the other CoP zones, walk away with a handful of currency and less than a handful of AF for the same monetary expense but lower time (this should come as NO SURPRISE WHATSOEVER. The # of drop rolls you have is connected to the # in the zone. Ever heard of 700+ currency towns? It's cause 55-60 people were there and they killed absolutelyfuckingeverything.)

The zilart stuff at least showed some sense, and a small amount of things introduced in CoP follow in that logic. Elemental obis/gorgets are reasonable to obtain. Limbus is a frequent activity in which most people participate. There were a few new force pop NMs added with good/100% drop rates. But, as you go further and further into the CoP storyline and the zones unlocked, you find less and less sense applied to their design, culminating in the 100% timesink known as the jailers.

But Square knows I'll be there, since I need my justice torque. Just remember that CoP was designed around the principle that your time is worth absolutely nothing. It's at least balanced in theory, since it fucks the casual and hardcore players alike. Playing more than anyone else doesn't mean you're ever going to see that item you're after. You'll only get it by sheer dumb luck (Xolotl, those new bizarre spawn NMs around the world, jailers), and time is a minimal factor in changing that. At least people who attend the ground camps for a few weeks usually turn up with something. Most people hit brick walls with Jailers that absolutely refuse to drop their virtue, or Ix'Aerns that simply do not fucking exist (Ix'DRK, HOW ABOUT ENVELOPING SOMEONE IN SHEER ANIMOSITY AFTER 6 HOURS?).
    OMG, no one even whisper something about CoP sucking/notsucking
    because someone will ALWAYS make a post repeating the same shit others have said since the DAWN Of FUCKING TIME.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

I never knew about this or heard about this so I'm glad he posted it.

There is a very, very stark difference between posting something like how to improve resolution, which a few people may know, but many don't

as opposed to "simurgh defeated in 5 minutes on bookadooka server", which would be OFN and useless news at that.

netz

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus
    because someone will ALWAYS make a post repeating the same shit others have said since the DAWN Of FUCKING TIME.
    I got trolled, and took the bait. Maxx is practicing his art well, even if he doesn't realize it ;x

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus
    I got trolled, and took the bait. Maxx is practicing his art well, even if he doesn't realize it ;x
    Forgiven, and I apologize.

I went ahead and made these adjustments, this really helps a lot. Are there any draw backs to these adjustments? My R seemed to be a bit higher, but that could just be my imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by yuriku
    I went ahead and made these adjustments, this really helps a lot. Are there any draw backs to these adjustments? My R seemed to be a bit higher, but that could just be my imagination.
    Not sure. Haven't really adjusted it that much myself, as even a slight resolution increase makes a noticable difference. All I can think of is the obvious drawback of your game running slower depending on how much you increase it...

Id like to see somebody redo the dats on some of the mobs and increase the rez on them. I dont know how to do that stuff but im sure somebody does. Im running my background at 1500x1500 or something near that. I tried it at 2048x2048 but seen no dif at all.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Suci
    Id like to see somebody redo the dats on some of the mobs and increase the rez on them. I dont know how to do that stuff but im sure somebody does. Im running my background at 1500x1500 or something near that. I tried it at 2048x2048 but seen no dif at all.
    I think it's because textures cap out at 1600x1600.

Anyway, Sekkite and Maxxthepenguin should make out.