Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Higher background resolutions

Fustrated that the game wont let you set background textures past 1024 x 1024? Follow the instructions below to set it even higher! The game looks amazing running background resolutions of 2048 x 2048!!

Step 1: Go to your Run command, type REGEDIT and click OK.

Step 2: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then click on Software.

Step 3: Click PlayOnlineUS and Square Enix folder, then the FinalFantasyXI tab.

Step 4: You should see 2 "strings", 003 and 004. Double click to open them, and change the value on 003 to 800, then change 004 to 800. You will notice the values to the right after you click OK will change to the corresponding resolution.

2048 x 2048 = 800 and 800

1600 x 1600 = 640 and 640

1280 x 1280 = 500 and 500

Enjoy 8)

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have never ever heard this in my 1.5+ years of playing. Ever. Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Forgive me for contributing. I did a search, didn't find a topic - and I also saw the topic about "How to make FFXI look better" or something along those lines, and figured I'd offer this to you lovely folk on the BG forums. Anyways, apologies if this is hanging around somewhere else, but I haven't seen it on these forums. Maybe it's just common knowledge to most people, but I'm really clueless with Registry editing and stuff so...

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    Forgive me for contributing. I did a search, didn't find a topic - and I also saw the topic about "How to make FFXI look better" or something along those lines, and figured I'd offer this to you lovely folk on the BG forums. Anyways, apologies if this is hanging around somewhere else, but I haven't seen it on these forums. Maybe it's just common knowledge to most people, but I'm really clueless with Registry editing and stuff so...
    Max is a tard, ignore him. I just learned this too but some reason doesn't always stay.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Max is a tard, ignore him. I just learned this too but some reason doesn't always stay.
    Am I the only one who learned this 1.5 years ago? Seriously... its old news... plus it should have just been posted in the other thread. Sorry but I get flamed for contributing how to disable AV's 2hs. That gives me some right to flame people for posting shit I've seen for years.

jsut because you can, doesnt mean you SHOULD, or HAVE to.

*insert BG cards* can't find the link;;

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Here's a hint, higher than thou attitudes arent welcome here.

If nobody likes you, go away.
    Am I the only one who learned this 1.5 years ago? Seriously... its old news... plus it should have just been posted in the other thread. Sorry but I get flamed for contributing how to disable AV's 2hs. That gives me some right to flame people for posting shit I've seen for years.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dude, this entire board is full of holier than thou attitudes. You ALL go all holier than thou when I say something like Dyna-Tav might not be so bad. Half the time you guys put me on the defensive. Give me a motherfucking break. Increasing the res beyond normal is something I've seen so many times, im sick of it. Its especially annoying when its not put in the existing, current thread you can put it in.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I posted the exact info quoted from someone I forget in the other thread like 3 hours ago so uh...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Zoom in!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    4 words for you max, G T F O

OP was just trying to help, and I didn't know this info either. No reason to flame

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle

OP was just trying to help, and I didn't know this info either. No reason to flame
    You have to remember search would yield 1-2 threads where this information has already been posted, not to mention it was posted a few hours prior in a thread still 10 from the top of the list, and thus entirely pointless if someone actually reads threads. And it wasn't even ambiguously titled, it actually stated getting better graphics.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle

You have to remember search would yield 1-2 threads where this information has already been posted, not to mention it was posted a few hours prior in a thread still 10 from the top of the list, and thus entirely pointless if someone actually reads threads. And it wasn't even ambiguously titled, it actually stated getting better graphics.
    QFT

Too bad its just people are bandwagoning against me for suggesting CoP dynamis and sea arent so bad ;(

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

No, we bandwagon against you because you're shitty, annoying, and emo.

netz

There's no doubt that there are many good things to be had from sea and CoP dynamis -- IF ONLY THEY'D FUCKING DROP THEM.

The only thing comparable in frustration and time expended is the Zilart king HNM, but they're at least guaranteed to drop something every time you engage them. Spend a month on JoL pops, no guarantee you'll get anything but a halberd. If you make it that far. Kill Xolotl daily 3 weeks in a row and you'll be lucky to walk away with 5 zoolater hats and maybe 1 bandomusha kote. Win Dynamis-Tavnazia, get a 3 line cutscene as your reward. Beat the other CoP zones, walk away with a handful of currency and less than a handful of AF for the same monetary expense but lower time (this should come as NO SURPRISE WHATSOEVER. The # of drop rolls you have is connected to the # in the zone. Ever heard of 700+ currency towns? It's cause 55-60 people were there and they killed absolutelyfuckingeverything.)

The zilart stuff at least showed some sense, and a small amount of things introduced in CoP follow in that logic. Elemental obis/gorgets are reasonable to obtain. Limbus is a frequent activity in which most people participate. There were a few new force pop NMs added with good/100% drop rates. But, as you go further and further into the CoP storyline and the zones unlocked, you find less and less sense applied to their design, culminating in the 100% timesink known as the jailers.

But Square knows I'll be there, since I need my justice torque. Just remember that CoP was designed around the principle that your time is worth absolutely nothing. It's at least balanced in theory, since it fucks the casual and hardcore players alike. Playing more than anyone else doesn't mean you're ever going to see that item you're after. You'll only get it by sheer dumb luck (Xolotl, those new bizarre spawn NMs around the world, jailers), and time is a minimal factor in changing that. At least people who attend the ground camps for a few weeks usually turn up with something. Most people hit brick walls with Jailers that absolutely refuse to drop their virtue, or Ix'Aerns that simply do not fucking exist (Ix'DRK, HOW ABOUT ENVELOPING SOMEONE IN SHEER ANIMOSITY AFTER 6 HOURS?).

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whoa...need a hug? I'm not going to reiterate what I've said before 50 times fully. As for sea: Well, I'm enjoying it for now, and I know some people out there have a good time farming it. It has its shortcomings and theyre quite large but its not a complete failure as many make it seem.

And as for dynamis-tav: Well there are two ???s that nobody has gotten...

Lets get this thread back on track of usefull info, I'm really interested in things people have been doing to help make there game look better.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

How about go to the appropriately titled thread
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8410

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

There's a thread about this same thing, made 2 hours before this thread. <.<;'