+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slither     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Slither

Is anyone else excited and going to see this movie this weekend like I am?

In case you don't know what the hell this movie is about, here is the synopsis:
    The sleepy town of Wheelsy could be any small town in America--somewhat quaint and gentle, peopled with friendly folks who mind their own business. But just beneath the surface charm, something unnamed and evil has arrived and is growing. No one seems to notice as telephone poles become clogged with missing pet flyers, or when one of the town's richest citizens, Grant Grant, begins to act strangely. But when farmers livestock turn up horribly mutilated and a young woman goes missing, Sheriff Bill Pardy and his team, aided by Grant's wife Starla, uncover the dark force laying siege to their town and come face-to-face with an older-than-time organism intent on absorbing and devouring all life on Earth.

MPAA Rating:
    R for STRONG BRUTAL VIOLENCE, pervasive language, some drug content and sexuality/nudity.

And trailer:
    http://www.slithermovie.net/redband/med_red.php

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First time I saw trailer I was like "Fuck this lame Blob knock off." Than I realized it has alot of premises similar to "Invasion of the body snatchers" than the guy said the movie that has everything and I was like... meh.

So... meh. I'll rent the dvd.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

If I'm going to watch a shitty horror movie, it needs to have Samuel L. Jackson in it at the very least.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

From the trailers, I cant tell if this is a B movie trying to be mainstream (like Mars Attacks!) or a mainstream movie trying to deny its a garbage film (no need for examples there).

Not worth it to me, I'll netflix it if I'm ever bored enough to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus
    So... meh. I'll rent the dvd.

The guy who made Hostel made this, so if you didn't like Hostel I'd say pass. Probably going to be similar shit. Try to make it as disgusting as possible to shock people into going.

Forum Donator
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    The guy who made Hostel made this, so if you didn't like Hostel I'd say pass. Probably going to be similar shit. Try to make it as disgusting as possible to shock people into going.
    Wow.... just wow......

Slither was written and directed by James Gunn. Hostel was written and directed by Eli Roth. Very similar looking and sounding names, I know.

Oh my bad. Was pretty sure I heard that somewhere. Never mind then. This guy did make Dawn of the Dead which wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    This guy did make Dawn of the Dead which wasn't great.
    Is that a joke? (even though Slither looks horrible)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Nothing will beat Shawn of the Dead.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Saw it tonight, some parts were ok... Nothing i'd spend another 8 bucks on. The song at the end was hilarious tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Nothing will beat Shawn of the Dead.
    godly movie

Little Mother
    BG Level

Friend's wanted to go out and I got outvoted on seeing this. Long story short I squirmed and winced this whole movie. I mean I love a scary movie as much as the next person, but some of the stuff in Slither was just DISGUSTING. Ugh, man I'm going to have freaking nightmares now...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's 10.50$ in New York... not worth it... DVD it is.

Little Mother
    BG Level

Man that's crazy, its like 5.50 here for a ticket.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Illegal D/L ftw.

The commercials for this movie make it look like a piece of shit, which it probably is. I wouldn't pay 8 bucks to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    The commercials for this movie make it look like a piece of shit, which it probably is. I wouldn't pay 8 bucks to see it.
    qft

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Saw it last night - fuckin' garbage. It had nothing scary, at all. My 7 month old could sit through this movie with zero problems, to help you gauge what I mean when I say nothing scarey.

The funny parts were dry as British humor (Ali G aside, he's a god) and predictable. Nothing here.

The best part was seen in the commercial trailer. The big ass chick saying there's somethin wrong with her. That's it.

If a line like "that chick's hardcore" makes you laugh, then by all means, go see it. This movie is on your mental level.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I wanted to see it for the actor who played Malcolm Reynolds in Firefly/Serenity. I'm fucking obssessed.