+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Veterans     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Veterans

This is for the oldschooler's not the newbs.

Is FFXI still fun to play after all this time? i mean shit you been playing since the FFXI came out.

Sure, I plug in my NES and play Mega Man 1-6 all the time. Just because it's old doesn't mean it isn't fun. I can honestly say I could never get old from beating Heat Man or Magnet Man or whatever game I'm playing. So yeah, I'm still having fun in FFXI.

no

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's not as fun after you've done pretty much everything. What keeps a lot of people in the game is friends (At least that's my main reason.)

With the expansion coming out, I'm hoping there are some new things that they add.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

when i think the game is boring or stuff like that, i think of my nublet days, and revisit the places that made this game truly an experience

i'd hate to never be able to go visit windhurst

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

After playing since release, leveling two characters... it was fun for a while. Friends kept me going for a long ass time, but now I find it's nice to get away from everything.

Anyways, how ya been lilly? Been a while, dude.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's fun, aslong as you dont milk the fun.

HNM are fun, aslong as you dont do them every waking moment.
    Limbus/Dynamis are fun, and you cant do them every moment(this is why SE wins at this, true it's 2x a week, but if we could enter all the time, we'd bore fast).
    Exp'ing a new job is fun, but not all the time
    etc.

If there are portions in the game still fun to you, go play, if you're gonna come back and be annoyed, prolly not worth it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I quasi-agree with Wafik, cept for the Dynamis/HNM part, at least if you are running a shell and people suck <.<

Some days I still really want to quit because of all the stress and stuff the game causes me, which is really retarded given that it is a video game and I should be playing for fun. Now and again I know I am on and doing stuff just out of habit.

However, there are still things I find fun and that I like to do. New missions they come out with, new battles, and things like that. Doing CoP was a lot of fun for me, as was the missions they added for the new earrings. And of course Limbus is always the highlight of my week, I definitely enjoy that still. There are other things too I keep finding myself going back to, so there are parts I still enjoy, though it is different from way back in the day 2.5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    It's fun, aslong as you dont milk the fun.

HNM are fun, aslong as you dont do them every waking moment.
    Limbus/Dynamis are fun, and you cant do them every moment(this is why SE wins at this, true it's 2x a week, but if we could enter all the time, we'd bore fast).
    Exp'ing a new job is fun, but not all the time
    etc.

If there are portions in the game still fun to you, go play, if you're gonna come back and be annoyed, prolly not worth it.
    Agree with Wafik. You really gotta switch it up, doing anything all the time in this game will eventually lead you to hating this game, because nothing is new. If you look hard enough, and your LS participates in enough events (Limbuses, does the new Dynamises), level your NPC, level a new job, all of these things can seem new to you, even after playing this game for 3years. You'll definately find points you burn out though, and you never see yourself coming back. I think that will end with this expansion though, hell I'd just afk in a town until it got Besieged and then start kicking ass.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Variety definetly keeps the game from burning people out (this could be said of all things though). My LS usually prefers to camp kings kind of in spurts. We'll camp xxxx king for every single day without fail (NQ or no) for 2 or so weeks then just lay off for a week after that so people don't go crazy from staring at darters every goddamn day.

There is enough different things to do in this game and depending on how you approach them they can all be rewarding.

Sky/Sea/Limbus/Dynamis/Kings/Ballista/Pop NMs/Garrison(lol), there is plenty of variety to be found in this game, you just have to know where to look.

Also dragging your level 1 mule out side of town and xping them everyone once in awhile can be a nice reminder of where you started (or my personal favorite is leveling a job on my main completely naked with only a weapon for as long as I can solo, but this is funnier to me because I'm a Galka).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

it realy isn't that fun.

i have to tdrink now more toget it o be more fun.
    i play for more ppl thank game now. .

its always new and exciting when you find new people to cyber with

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

crafting is fun too >_> as long as you dont think about it in a mundane-im-all-about-money way lol

sure, i look up guides, and guild recipe lists, thinking of myself as the frugal crafter, traveling here and there, trying to save money while skilling up (*'-')

and anything that involves kiting, and insufficient whms or plds, i thoroughly enjoy (*'3') :D WAIT BECKY YOU'RE OUT OF RANGE I CANT GET THE CURE OFF YOU FUCKER LOL

/tell janice you got it easy, lito never gets hit

I SAID STOP LOL

/tell janice she's dying but she doesnt want to stop running out of range lol

GJ WOOKIE LOL

Dynamis xarca Demon NMs come to mind (*'-') i really enjoy that :D

----

Anyone else feel that after years of playing, you feel that you have the right to Vana'diel access for the rest of your life?

I've always been someone who doesnt like to spend a money if i dont have to, and if ffxi wasnt here, i dont think i'd get to release the urge to spend at my local jeuno auction house, and actually spend money in a store ffxi saves me money each month (*'-')

I level every job in the game, and it is fun. Right down to the fucking job I used to joke to death, DRG. God, DRG owns on the right mobs.

Yes, I said that.

Game's fun if you make it fun. It's whatever you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    I level every job in the game, and it is fun. Right down to the fucking job I used to joke to death, DRG. God, DRG owns on the right mobs.

Yes, I said that.

Game's fun if you make it fun. It's whatever you make it out to be.
    so what you're trying to say is what you've been looking for was in your heart all along?!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

the game is fun, but like any hobby or activity gets stressful. its part of what keeps you coming back. theres to much shit i wanna do so i cant say i want to quit. 1,780,000 xp for merits comes to mind haha, at least xping with friends will make it fun and not lame and annoying.

Little Mother
    BG Level

I just recently quit (Well yesterday really, cancelled my subscription, none of that crazy delete the character crap). FFXI is still fun I guess, I like leveling jobs, dont ask me why. But after all this time I only really played for friends, and after getting scrwed by a couple of them, and only really playing to be with friends, it kinda made me lose interest in this game, but its good to take a break. I might be back when ToAU comes out to see what's up. But yeah FFXI is still enjoyable after this time, just different ways for different people I guess.

Yeah, it is still fun. But like wafik and others said, doing HNM every waking moment is very tiring. I've been doing a lot of random quests lately to have fun. The story is why i started playing ffxi in the first place. Square has always known how to tell a good story, and have decent game play in addition to that. I level random jobs on occasion to ease the monotony also. The real trick to enjoying a game after having played it for so long is to change it up a little every once in a while.

The other reason I still enjoy ffxi is that i still really love playing redmage. I love exploring the less common facets of the job.

Banned.

BG Level

The less elitist you try the be, the funner the game is. A lot of things that are meant to be for low-level parties are fun to solo as a high level. There IS a lot of variety of things to do. I think that is FFXI's stronger point over other MMORPGs. It is pretty obvious SE realize this(just look at ToUA).

E. Body
    BG Level

Limbus, ENMs, claiming and killing HNMs, meriting and exping your 12th job is fun. Oh did I forget to mention cybering too? put that in the list.

Dynamis, Sea, camping HNMs for 3 hours and not getting claim, having NMs stolen by gilsellers and not have GMs do anything about it, looking for group and not getting invite, looking for group and then getting invite after a day only to find your PT sucking huge balls is NOT fun.

I only play this game because I have accomplished so much. PSU this june though!