+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Windower macro's :O     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Windower macro's :O

This shit is frustrating (im not using binds because that shit is whack)

Took me a while to actually figure it out (ended up using FFXI pallete over binding)

Starting with the folder: rdm = my enfeeb directory in the script folder itself (no brainer). Made inside this folder (for example) paralyze.txt:

input /equip head "Elite Beret"; input /equip body "Errant Hpl."; input /equip Ring1 "Sapphire Ring"; input /equip Ring2 "Sapphire Ring"; input /equip feet "Errant Pigaches"; input /equip legs "Mahatma Slops"; input /equip Waist "Penitent's rope"; input /equip Ear1 "Enfeebling earring"; input /equip Neck "Enfeebling torque"; input /equip Ear2 "Geist earring"; input /equip Main "Aquilo's staff"; input /echo ☆★Paralyze★☆→<t>;

No command errors with the ";" being in the right place. BUT, when I put this in my FFXI pallete:

/ma "Paralyze" <stnpc>
    /console exec rdm/paralyze.txt

Nothing changes, and I look like an ass paralyzing a sheep naked with a cape on. Note: I JUST made these, didnt log out or anything to reset.

Someone, anyone.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

fu i made a post already

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

/console exec "rdm_enfeeb.txt"

is what i use. Try quotes and also I don't use directories but DOS uses backslash "\" not forwardslash "/"

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think its the slash facing the wrong direction

Old Merits
    BG Level

Kinda offtopic but I always loved <stnpc> and <stpc> targetting in macros. Especially <stnpc> when trying to Horde Lullaby a train.. if I was using <t> I would have to tab through all the PCs haha.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ramuss helped me with his blackness

edit: YOU CANT USE FUCKING JP STARS IN IT.

FU SE

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

XD

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Ramuss
    XD
    You made an account for that lol

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

damn right i did, lol, well yer, was gonna start posting here sooner or later

Windower macros are one of my favorite parts of the whole windower thing because its made my life so much easier as a BLM and as a SAM... In its basic form it makes things easier and cleaner but with more advanced 'scripting' of the macros you can do some dandy things (i.e. use the same key to switch into WS gear, do the WS, then switch back to regular melee gear)

It takes a long time to get down all the different ways you can put things in (executing different files within the macros, /inputs, aliases, etc) but if you take the time (which I don't mind because its fun to me) you can set yourself up for some fun times in FFXI.

I remember reading a SMN macro set that reassigned every key, Control and Alt 1 through 0 depending on which avatar was summoned, turning one 'set' of control and alts into eight, then reverting back to the main 'menu' when the avatar was dismissed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Windower macros are one of my favorite parts of the whole windower thing because its made my life so much easier
    qft

and on topic, i think your error was the forward slash in your macro, whereas it should've been a backslash (someone else mentioned this also)

i love windower macros, they're <3 for WS swaps, for real

i'll merit with someone I don't know and they'll have like 1 macro for WS gear, and maybe have the WS in that macro also if they have an extra line for it, then they'll have another macro for TP gear and sometimes they don't swap back to their TP gear and I see them wearing a few of the pieces still after the WS + a round of melee

so much easier when all your gear changes and performs the spell/ws/whatever in one single macro

LazyShell
    BG Level

Windower macros are one of my favorite parts of the whole windower thing because its made my life so much easier
    I agree 100%... It's so nice to be able to press one key that can do any of the Lv70 BPs (or 65 for fenrir/diabolos/carby), as well as change like 4-5+ pieces of gear. Also, for ballista/brenner, its nice not to have to change my macros, or bazaar stuff to prevent from getting stuck. I just have to exec one file (or press one macro if i asign it to it), and suddenly all my /equip macros dont change anything. i exec a different file, and all the /equip macros work again. There is so much you can do with windower macros, it just depends on how creative you want to be with it.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Is there a way to set the windower macro to work with all 10 sets of macros and a controller?

Currently I have a PS2 controller hoooked up to my PC, I dont use the keyboard for anything but chat/typing , but I do wanna have a 20 line macro for charm and armor and WS. Currently what I have is 2 macros per charm , 2 for armor, 2 for rampage, etc.

Also would be nice for SATA , to have long multiEQ macros without having to have it done in 2 macros.

Other people told me they assign it to ctrl+1 or something, but how would I be able to do it with the controller? :S

(For those who dont know, on the controller you tap shoulder button once, then move left or right to which macro you want, then tap the "confirm" key. Up and Down moves you between macro sets )

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

The way she's done it there, wafik, is to create scripts that are run with the /console command.

Create a file named "charm.txt" and put in it all the equip you want to equip and place this file in the scripts folder in the windower folder.

like so:

input /equip "Head" "Monster Headthing";
    input /equip "Hands" "Monster Gloves";

and save it.

Then wherever you want to use this set of gear write this line in your real ingame macro pallete:

/console exec "charm.txt"

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal
    The way she's done it there, wafik, is to create scripts that are run with the /console command.

Create a file named "charm.txt" and put in it all the equip you want to equip and place this file in the scripts folder in the windower folder.

like so:

input /equip "Head" "Monster Headthing";
    input /equip "Hands" "Monster Gloves";

and save it.

Then wherever you want to use this set of gear write this line in your real ingame macro pallete:

/console exec "charm.txt"
    In echo? Or straight to /console?

This is fapworthy my friend, fapfapfapworthy if this totally works, I can crunch down my macro sets to a minimum on my BST and THF

/echo will just echo it through the game... Not quite sure what you're asking here. If you stick /echo at the beginning it'll act just like the ingame function.

With windower running, you can enter any console command through macros or the regular text input (i.e. just typing it and hitting enter) by sticking /console at the beginning. Rather than open up console by hitting \ for example and typing "gamma 55", you could just type /console gamma 55 in the FFXI chat area as if it was an FFXI command.

Likewise, you can stick console commands in macros. Make a macro like this:

/console exec charm.txt
    /ja Charm <t>
    /p Charming <t>!

The first line will tell Windower to run the script you designated [the script will then run the entire txt file before continuing; thus, it will 'do' "input /equip "Head" "Monster Helm""; input is the command to inject it into the chat parser, so you basically have the txt file inserting the /equip Head Headpiece into the FFXI chat parser as if you typed it.]

This sounds entirely too complicated. Just make a txt file for Charm gear and name it charm. Make a txt file for Fight gear and name it fight. For your charm macro stick /console exec charm.txt in the first line and for your fight macro stick /console exec fight.txt in the first line and you go from changing 3-4 pieces of equip in a macro to every slot.

Edit: For the game controller thingy, IF you want to bind, check out the Windower forums for more info... I believe it has gamepad support (as you can bind it to any key or combination key on the keyboard, and I believe the game controller keys are in there). You may have to 'redefine' (like insert key isn't actually called "Insert Key" but it is redefined from its actual code so you can call it that in your scripts) but you should be able to use them. Binds are nice because you can bind whatever gear you want changed, AND the function you want executed, separately to every key, and when bound Windower TOTALLY BYPASSES THE FFXI MACRO SYSTEM, which may not seem laggy to you, but after using Windower macros you'll realize how much nicer they are... However, scripts are nice because you can just stick them at the beginning of a regular FFXI macro and it works, but still uses the FFXI macro system which can lag up a bit.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I just tried it now, holy crap this is awesome.

In my macro commands I set it to start up the text file, for sneak attack instead of it being over 2 macros, it's just the 1 line, and the text file has all the lines that I needed :D

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I just tried it now, holy crap this is awesome.
    Yes, easily the most awesome thing ever divised relating to FFXI.

There's no limit to how creative you can get either, i love them!!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

yes, i love them to