٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Return to Vanadiel #2

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campai ... index.html

Return to Vana'diel with your original character!
    Last year's popular Return Home To Vana'diel Campaign is back.
    This limited-time campaign offers customers who have deleted their characters an opportunity to adventure through Vana'diel once again with their original characters.
    When you purchase a FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID during the campaign period, you can have previously deleted character data restored onto that ID, and resume play immediately!

With the release of TREASURES OF AHT URHGAN, The world of FINAL FANTASY XI has become more accessible and convenient than ever. Please use this opportunity to return to Vana'diel, and return to adventure!

* The application process for the Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign will differ according to your current FINAL FANTASY XI service status. Please proceed to the "Type A" or "Type B" page to confirm which you are eligible for.

Campaign Period
    from 0:00am on April 4(Tues), 2006 to 0:00am
    on May 31 (Wed), 2006.
    Last year if I remember right, they did this just before Server hop. So....

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

With the release of TREASURES OF AHT URHGAN, The world of FINAL FANTASY XI has become more accessible and convenient than ever. Please use this opportunity to return to Vana'diel, and return to adventure!
    ORLY?

I wonder exactly what kind of rings and transportation they have in store for ToAU...

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

So "permanantly" deleted characters are actually stored somewhere and deactivated? Either way I thought the limit was 3 (or 6?) months of inactivity and its deleted as well.

Xavier

Gone but not forgotten!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    So "permanantly" deleted characters are actually stored somewhere and deactivated? Either way I thought the limit was 3 (or 6?) months of inactivity and its deleted as well.
    I'd assume you have a 3 month file archive on-site, then you archive all files to storage at another site, harder to get back to them and such. But they can dig through it if necessary. No idea if this is how SE works, just a guess.

Mahoney

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    ORLY?

I wonder exactly what kind of rings and transportation they have in store for ToAU...
    I think what they mean by "more accessible and convenient" is that FFXI will be on Xbox 360.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yay!

Now all the drama queens who deleted their characters can come back.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

we can only imagine the horror that is about to haunt us.

btw, is it true that some of the people who were banned will be able to come back with Return to Vana'diel, or is that just a rumor?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    I'd assume you have a 3 month file archive on-site, then you archive all files to storage at another site, harder to get back to them and such. But they can dig through it if necessary. No idea if this is how SE works, just a guess.
    I always assumed they never fully deleted anything ever, always had it readily available, and just lied about it to fool players into thinking their character was fully deleted post the 3-month date.

I'm glad they're doing this again... my friend's account got deleted by his girlfriend several months ago and hopefully he'll be able to get it restored. :O

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    we can only imagine the horror that is about to haunt us.

btw, is it true that some of the people who were banned will be able to come back with Return to Vana'diel, or is that just a rumor?
    On the site itself:

Applicants will be ineligible for the campaign if any of the following apply:
    - The applicant has cancelled his/her PlayOnline account, but has never purchased a FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID.
    - The applicant had his/her PlayOnline membership revoked due to violations of the "PlayOnline Member Agreement," "FINAL FANTASY XI Software License Agreement," and/or "FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement."
    - The applicant is eligible to have his/her character reactivated through the Information Center.

So probably not D:

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

so if my friend deleted his char and tried to restore it, got denied and couldn't do it again because that was his "one and only chance", he can now?

awesome. he's been waiting for this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    I'm glad they're doing this again... my friend's account got deleted by his girlfriend several months ago and hopefully he'll be able to get it restored. :O
    Wayne Brady needs to slap that bitch.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i wonder if they'll return banned characters..

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf
    dotdotdot

Either you have poor reading skills or a lame sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    dotdotdot

Or he could be the guy who just reads the OP, thinking 12 replies could in no way have produced any new information and reply like so.

Fucking bud just tried this, he deleted his char once, then deleted it again and they wouldn't allow restore, and they still won't even with this program...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance
    Fucking bud just tried this, he deleted his char once, then deleted it again and they wouldn't allow restore, and they still won't even with this program...
    Why'd he delete it so many times?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm guessing he's /emo

Yea I can't restore mine either, it says I never took part in FFXI services before deleting my ID, i'm on hold with customer service now it's been like 45 minutes lol ><

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    dotdotdot

Or he could be the guy who just reads the OP, thinking 12 replies could in no way have produced any new information and reply like so.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance
    Why'd he delete it so many times?
    He deleted once becuase he took a break from the game, and a second time becuase you can change your chars name by delete > make char name on new ID > restore, but they said no to him becuase of a double delete.