+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

So... Master of Puppets - 'remastered'

Here's the link

Now, before I get a comment like 'OFN' or something... Since I live in the UK, and it hasn't been in the latest issue of Kerrang!, I was wondering where I might be able to get hold of it. Searched torrentspy and no luck there ._.

I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this, just to see how the bands have done covering the whole thing... Anybody able to send me this over AIM or MSN (if you have it), or refer me to a torrent or something?

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Dude it sucks lol. Save your money. Sanitarium sounds like a fucking emo song. The only good cover on that album (in my opinion) is Master of Puppets.

Battery and That Thing That Should Not Be are crappy covers, too. It's a shame what they did to Sanitarium.

I'm a huge Metallica fan btw. Maybe I'm biased.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    Dude it sucks lol. Save your money. Sanitarium sounds like a fucking emo song. The only good cover on that album (in my opinion) is Master of Puppets.

Battery and That Thing That Should Not Be are crappy covers, too. It's a shame what they did to Sanitarium.

Nah, you're not biased. I like the bands on the cd, but thier covers are horrible. And yes, Trivium did the only WORTHY cover of a song on the cd. When I saw Funeral For A Friend and Bullet For My Valentine on there, I knew immediately it was going to be shit. Stick with the originals. =)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I have the latest issue of the magazine. Well, my brother bought it and it's in his bag but either way I have the CD downstairs and have yet to listen to it. I hate several of the bands on it (Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, Fightstar etc) and I loath Kerrang as a magazine but I'll check it out and rip it and maybe make a torrent of it for others to get as I don't really know any other way to do it.

8=====>

BG Level

I think Dream Theater is the only band I've ever heard do a Metallica cover that I actually enjoyed.

But Dream Theater is awesome. Of course they'd make worthy covers.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think Dream Theater is the only band I've ever heard do a Metallica cover that I actually enjoyed.

But Dream Theater is awesome. Of course they'd make worthy covers.
    They covered Dark Side of the Moon when I saw them in London last November. It was emotional

Quote Originally Posted by Savryn

Nah, you're not biased. I like the bands on the cd, but thier covers are horrible. And yes, Trivium did the only WORTHY cover of a song on the cd. When I saw Funeral For A Friend and Bullet For My Valentine on there, I knew immediately it was going to be shit. Stick with the originals. =)
    I listened to the previews and I half-expected a decent cover from Machine Head. Surprised they didn't cover Battery very well. I've actually managed to hear Trivium's cover on their MySpace homepage, so I was really just looking to satisfy my curiosity and hear the others... Oh well.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Old school Metallica = FTW

New Meticalla = FT fucking L

Old Merits
    BG Level

As curious as I am to hear a few of these covers... I think I am going to pass. Some of these bands are so fucking lame it makes me sick they are covering Master of Puppets. Well Metallica are a bunch of lamers nowadays anyway, Lars would do anything for money. Seriously fuck that band, they get no more money from me anymore. I got banned from Napster in 1998 because of those asshats.. I downloaded a live version of Creeping Death... and I already owned Ride the Lightning. Fuck those douschebags.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternus
    As curious as I am to hear a few of these covers... I think I am going to pass. Some of these bands are so fucking lame it makes me sick they are covering Master of Puppets. Well Metallica are a bunch of lamers nowadays anyway, Lars would do anything for money. Seriously fuck that band, they get no more money from me anymore. I got banned from Napster in 1998 because of those asshats.. I downloaded a live version of Creeping Death... and I already owned Ride the Lightning. Fuck those douschebags.
    I dunno, some of the bands are decent - Machine Head, Trivium, Chimaira, Mastodon... Didn't expect much from Fightstar, Mendeed, FFAF, Bullet.

Picked this up like 1hr ago, as the new issue of the Kerrang! magazine was in. Some of the tracks are actually pretty. Certain bands ruined it, like FFAF (totally butchered Damage Inc.) and Mendeed (Sounds like the singer is constipated).

On the other hand - Machine Head, Trivium, Fightstar (surprisingly!), Mastodon, Bullet (was okay-ish) and Chimaira (vocals were a bit strange at first, but began to sound okay) actually did decent covers. Some better than others... I have to say, though, that most bands instrumental work was awesome, it was usually just the vocals that let them down. But then again, what can you expect, imitating James Hetfield (which most bands tried to do ) isn't easy, and the vocals were nowhere near as good as the original album.

8=====>

BG Level

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b2s7DcIbkcI&search=metallica

master of puppets.. the way it should be.

i miss the bad ass metallica from that video. I can't say I entirely hated them after load/reload b/c I still buy every fking album.

Old Merits
    BG Level

lol metallica

8=====>

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Erza
    lol metallica
    lol @ your linkshell. gtfo kthxbai

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

/jp

Is it just me or do YouTube videos load really slow..?

And on topic, I realise you really can't compare any current Metal bands to Metallica, but Trivium and Machine Head sure as hell did a good job.

Old Merits
    BG Level

lol metallica
    And the relevence to the topic is where?

lol metallica
    You defied the Hetfield. That comment was immensely relevant

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    lol metallica
    The Hetfield hasn't produced a good album since 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Parshath
    lol metallica
    The Hetfield hasn't produced a good album since 1988
    Still can't deny he's the best frontman the world has ever seen, and I will admit that after '...And Justice For All', their albums have been really bad, minus one or two tracks from each album.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah I got into Metallica via my friend Phillips older brother when I was like in 5th grade or some shit.. that was when Master of Puppets came out. I liked Justice for All, but I wanted to vomit over Enter Sandman honestly. Simplistic paint by numbers metal. Pentatonic scale is so abused in the Black Album and Hammet overuses his wah pedal. That was obviously their selling out point, they comprimised their music so they could better fit into what sold on the radio and MTV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast